Login

russian armor

2v2 Rampage - Feedback greatly appreciated

28 Mar 2015, 08:59 AM

Hey folks.
Recent game BrohanBroski and myself played in which we staged a rather interesting comeback involving the deaths of a multitude of Tigers, Panthers and other large cats, and many, many Volksgrenadiers.
A B4 may also be present.

Would love some feedback on areas we performed well in, as well as some feedback as to how to stop bringing the average skill pool of the game down several notches.
28 Mar 2015, 10:51 AM

Really good game!

But 3 King Tigers? 4 Trucks? Starved faction? :S

Let's start from the beggining.

Once you knew there is med truck (soft retreat of 2 SP when 1min later they came back) you should went for Ambulance as a counter instead of another rifle. This led us to the moment when you had 6 units and you could not push back 3 OKW units from the graveyard. Ambulance behind your troops could do wonders.

You should know better when to retreat.
After one Volks nade, you have not lost any model except 70-80% of HP. It was obvious that with such low HP you wont do anything. Retreat to base (or soft retreat to ambu you should buy before) yet you tried to stand agasint SP. So in fact you recevied RNG nade that did not kill any model yet you did not use it and you lost 4 model to SP.

Very good use of 57mm to get Schwerer yet you relied on scatter. Few meter and you might took it down but that SP repair speed :drool:

Once again you did not use retreat button when Obers were wiping your Path and MG(?)

You also forgot to make retreat point from Major once he was in right place. You did it later.

Jackson. Why Jackson first? There was only PzIV that was killed by KV1. Your Jackson did not do anything for few mins. Then you called Scott. In this case should be opposite. Scott first.
There was no target for Jackson but plenty for Scott.
You also called second Jackson when you had already 2 SU85s and 1 Jackson facing only 1 Panther.
In fact this second Jackson was able to shoot 1-3 times at KT (bounced) so again, Scott would be better option to drain MP.

But let's me honet here, B4 saved the day and provde advantage. You were wiped and you were bleeding really hard until few shots of B4 that provide you space to push a bit a take position.
Your teammate again saved the day with demo.

At one point he had 20+k dmg while you only 10k dmg.

Your RE were standing and doing nothing while his KV1 was badly damaged in a base.

It's not easy to stand agasint pure OKW meta on such little space.
Like I said, try to retreat faster. There is no need to stand agasint Obers with Pathfinders. It's just MP drain. It's better to retreat instead of losing few models and then retreat.

Nevertheless, very good game. I hope I helped you a bit :)

28 Mar 2015, 12:18 PM

Really good game!

But 3 King Tigers? 4 Trucks? Starved faction? :S

Let's start from the beggining.

Once you knew there is med truck (soft retreat of 2 SP when 1min later they came back) you should went for Ambulance as a counter instead of another rifle. This led us to the moment when you had 6 units and you could not push back 3 OKW units from the graveyard. Ambulance behind your troops could do wonders.

You should know better when to retreat.
After one Volks nade, you have not lost any model except 70-80% of HP. It was obvious that with such low HP you wont do anything. Retreat to base (or soft retreat to ambu you should buy before) yet you tried to stand agasint SP. So in fact you recevied RNG nade that did not kill any model yet you did not use it and you lost 4 model to SP.

Very good use of 57mm to get Schwerer yet you relied on scatter. Few meter and you might took it down but that SP repair speed :drool:

Once again you did not use retreat button when Obers were wiping your Path and MG(?)

You also forgot to make retreat point from Major once he was in right place. You did it later.

Jackson. Why Jackson first? There was only PzIV that was killed by KV1. Your Jackson did not do anything for few mins. Then you called Scott. In this case should be opposite. Scott first.
There was no target for Jackson but plenty for Scott.
You also called second Jackson when you had already 2 SU85s and 1 Jackson facing only 1 Panther.
In fact this second Jackson was able to shoot 1-3 times at KT (bounced) so again, Scott would be better option to drain MP.

But let's me honet here, B4 saved the day and provde advantage. You were wiped and you were bleeding really hard until few shots of B4 that provide you space to push a bit a take position.
Your teammate again saved the day with demo.

At one point he had 20+k dmg while you only 10k dmg.

Your RE were standing and doing nothing while his KV1 was badly damaged in a base.

It's not easy to stand agasint pure OKW meta on such little space.
Like I said, try to retreat faster. There is no need to stand agasint Obers with Pathfinders. It's just MP drain. It's better to retreat instead of losing few models and then retreat.

Nevertheless, very good game. I hope I helped you a bit :)

All great feedback, thank you. We were on VOIP together and, I will admit, I was a bit distracted during the game due to the delicious Chinese food that had snuck its way onto my desk, hence why there was a fair amount of laziness on my part(being the retreating and unit preservation, I promise I know better!) As for the Jackson, the fog of war was a little deceptive at the time, either that or I was just seeing things, and then promptly forgot about the poor TD, which was silly of me. Thankfully Brohan was more on the ball with his Korean level micro skills.

But yes, all valuable advice, thank you!
28 Mar 2015, 12:55 PM

Am I cool enough for an analysis too? :banana:

seriously though,this is exactly what happened in the commander roulette game but the other way round

any feedback would be useful though :)
29 Mar 2015, 04:57 AM

no love for the broski :gimpy:
29 Mar 2015, 10:34 AM

no love for the broski :gimpy:

You saved the day!
Live in the glory for now!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81
unknown 6
United States 1