Login

russian armor

I'm quitting, but not for raging reasons.

23 Mar 2015, 16:05 PM

Hey people,

As the title says, I'm temporarilly quitting on CoH2. I don't know how long I'll be out, but I imagine it'll be a few months.

Contrary to custom topics on this particular subject, I'm actually quite happy with the game. Even more, so happy that on the last few days I engaged in a bad habit of "binge gaming" till high hours of dawn, one time reaching ~06:00.

Since I'm a working adult that should be reaching his maximum productive cicle in life, dedicating such time to gaming can be very detrimental, not saying about other important stuff like marriage and kids. I have examples to settle and this is not a good one.

So more than the game sucking for stale meta or abusive strats, I need to quit for my health and working reasons.

So, why write this wall of text? Well, I'm a optimistic fella, and on this current state I was enjoying the game. Next patch on March 31st can be awesome, and I confess I'm kinda hypped with the discussed changes, even if it's on the realm of conjecture. A good lot of people come here to write about how bad the game is, with good arguments and reasons. On the other hand, I'm on the group that think the game is good, and improved a lot since launch. Support sometimes take so long, but it exists on greater scale than in CoH1, if my memory serves.

I'll continue to come here and lurk on the pages, eventually participating. If anyone else identifies with my specific situation, we could even share some stories on this topic. Even more, maybe I'll come right here with awesome news and saying I'm back in the saddle.

'Till then, see y'all on these foruns, and keep fighting for the Fatherland, the Motherland and for Uncle Sam.

Cheers!
23 Mar 2015, 16:06 PM

I guess I just wanna say that the game can be awesome, if you take it less seriously :P
23 Mar 2015, 16:36 PM

Wishing you all the best on your journey towards health and happiness! If that's what your shoulds and wants look like, go for it. :D
23 Mar 2015, 16:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

.........I engaged in a bad habit of "binge gaming" till high hours of dawn, one time reaching ~06:00............

Plenty of 'hot tongue, cold shoulder' then? :P

Sorry to see you retire: I hope you can return when you have moderated your lifestyle :D
23 Mar 2015, 16:50 PM

Plenty of 'hot tongue, cold shoulder' then? :P

Sorry to see you retire: I hope you can return when you have moderated your lifestyle :D

Actually, I think it's worse, because it seemed like college (more to the end of it), when you partied way hard, you know you'll wake up like pudding and you think: "why the garden do I keep doing this?". One of these days I actually slept full of shame.

A little correction: I'm not retiring, I'm reorganizing my fronts. :P
23 Mar 2015, 16:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Actually, I think it's worse, because it seemed like college (more to the end of it), when you partied way hard, you know you'll wake up like pudding and you think: "why the garden do I keep doing this?". One of these days I actually slept full of shame.

A little correction: I'm not retiring, I'm reorganizing my fronts. :P

I will ask Nigo or Empireskorrupt if they can counsel you ;)
23 Mar 2015, 16:56 PM

What a fucking disgrace... but o' how I love thee, Bloodnok. May the circle of life shine upon thee with great happiness and inner peace.

You wonderful wanker <444>3
23 Mar 2015, 16:58 PM

I still hope that i can catch you on streams if not on my own :)
23 Mar 2015, 16:58 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Até mais Pedro e boa volta. :D

ps: sei como você se sente, também sou pai e marido. :P
23 Mar 2015, 17:43 PM

I still hope that i can catch you on streams if not on my own :)

Me or Bloodnok? For a moment I felt so good, even though I almost never watch streams. Maybe I'll do now. :P
23 Mar 2015, 17:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Me or Bloodnok? For a moment I felt so good, even though I almost never watch streams. Maybe I'll do now. :P

He meant you ;)
23 Mar 2015, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2015, 16:58 PMnigo
Até mais Pedro e boa volta. :D

ps: sei como você se sente, também sou pai e marido. :P

Como diriam as pessoas em meus pagos, "Bah". (não corromper para bagos, pretty please)

Pior, nem participei em qualquer versão brasileira de competição de CoH2. Cheguei a entrar lá no TeamSpeak, tal como falamos no BattleCentral, mas depois nem fui mais. Era antes do Observer mode, certamente seria mais divertido agora.
23 Mar 2015, 17:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Como diriam as pessoas em meus pagos, "Bah". (não corromper para bagos, pretty please)

Pior, nem participei em qualquer versão brasileira de competição de CoH2. Cheguei a entrar lá no TeamSpeak, tal como falamos no BattleCentral, mas depois nem fui mais. Era antes do Observer mode, certamente seria mais divertido agora.

Empireskorrupt: translation please! :) (Did I really mean that?:rolleyes: )
23 Mar 2015, 17:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Good luck
24 Mar 2015, 01:42 AM
Patrion 14

bow wow my coh2 comrade. bow wow.
25 Mar 2015, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 01:42 AMpigsoup
bow wow my coh2 comrade. bow wow.

I could use some help to understand this as well. :)
26 Mar 2015, 00:04 AM
Patrion 14

heard it in Friends once. This overly positive lunatic boyfriend of Pheobe was looking at a pic of deceased Ross's old family dog. and he said "bow wow my friend. bow wow". or something like that.
26 Mar 2015, 02:14 AM
Benefactor 355

GF/Wife tied up and locked up in da closet, PROBLEM SOLVED. #MVGame
26 Mar 2015, 13:45 PM

GF/Wife tied up and locked up in da closet, PROBLEM SOLVED. #MVGame

#MVLife :(
26 Mar 2015, 14:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

This is in the proper section holy shit someone finally did it. :faint:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #