Login

russian armor

BAR's

13 Mar 2015, 20:21 PM

If I could get some input on when and why people use them and to what extent, that'd be great.
13 Mar 2015, 20:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I get bars when playing against someone that uses alot of Panzer grenadiers or G43s if its OST.

Otherwise you're better off saving your muni for P47s and Para M1919s.

BARS against OKW in my honest opinion is a waste. Garands are enough for low vet volks and sturms till obers come. Even if you have a 2 bar squad volks will resist with vet bonuses,and Obers will win regardless of how many bars you have unless they stand out in the open while a double bar squad is shooting them.

Id just get M1919s(Paras or Infantry Company M1919s) against OKW if im gonna beef up my infantry with upgrades.
13 Mar 2015, 21:25 PM

Alright, what about grenades? I like to use Rifle Co on urban environments for the flamers so I don't get them often.
13 Mar 2015, 22:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Alright, what about grenades? I like to use Rifle Co on urban environments for the flamers so I don't get them often.

Id get the upgrade after you get your first sherman,or if you struggle with MG/garrisons early on,get them after you tech LT instead of an M20. Then go as you usually would.

if you go Captain get 4 rifles ambulance then grenades.

Grenades are useful for catching an unnattentive player off guard and getting an extra squad wipe when he's not paying attention. Use Grid Hotkeys (Z,X,C) to throw grenades and other abilities with ease when in the middle of multiple engagements
13 Mar 2015, 23:54 PM

22 Mar 2015, 21:59 PM

BARS are a good choice after you have got the initial light vehicle and you're doing well but don't want to over invest in infantry (too much upkeep) or another light vehicle.

It's really game/map dependant if you think they will pay off or not, they will work great on maps like Stalingrad as opposed to say minsk where you are better off with M1919's or/and a fast sherman.
26 Mar 2015, 18:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I purchase BARs in narrow maps where close range combat is guaranteed. Two BARs are an heavy but worthy investment in such maps. :wub:

Here is a replay where I think double BARs were a good investment:

15 Apr 2015, 00:52 AM

So with the new patch, are BAR's worth it against OKW since Volks no longer shrug off bullets?
15 Apr 2015, 02:37 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So with the new patch, are BAR's worth it against OKW since Volks no longer shrug off bullets?

they only scaled down vet 5,and I'm pretty sure volks still get stupid amounts of reduced received accuracy from vet 1-4. If you gonna go for ANTi Volks I'd do flame throwers on rifles since they ignore the received accuracy buffs.

Even then,M1919 either on paras or rifles anyday till they get nerfed.
16 Apr 2015, 15:50 PM

Permanently Banned
always go airborn

spam shermans (they will kill the infrantry for u)

Then use p47 spam from ur insane muni float to shut down all axis armor. Place p47's strafe well, and there will be little escape
12 May 2015, 09:15 AM

For my Riflemen Commander Build I upgrade to BARS after I get the LT and Ambulance. By this time You should be able to provide two riflemen squads with BARS. I generally go 3 Rifles, then wait for LT and push heavily with my infantry to force them to counter attack, where my Ambulance should allow me to out trade then unless i screw up.

This is more of an old school tactic of shock and awe, where the LT combined with 2 more BARED riflemen, at full health should be enough to give you an edge to throw off your opponent. My goal is push them back enough to get the MP to get the M20, unless i push to hard and lose to many. In that case either get Zooks to counter light armor and give it the RE squad and maybe aquire another and wait for Capt. and full AT.

You can totally get by without BARS early/mid game, but BARS provide pushing power and shock factor. You can easily destroy any early and mid game infantry if you stay aggressive and focus fire. Just watch out for getting suppressed, BARS are similar to SMGS in that you shouldn't sit around and get in a gun fight, go in beat them up and get it over with. It saves your manpower for more important units, and forces the enemy to counter attack or continue losing sectors.

15 May 2015, 13:01 PM

I use them extensively, I usually get the upgrade after my nades but before ambulance and Captain. Bit of admin remember to get them to pick up but it increases the riflemans firepower extensively, espically at close range.
15 May 2015, 13:18 PM

BARs are a luxury i get after my first or second sherman, depending on if i can still afford a p47.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Germany 779
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak