Login

russian armor

Weird insta reversing and slipping like on the ice.

1 Mar 2015, 08:54 AM

Have you notice very weird insta reverse when you were going forward? I find it as very nasty thing when Im chasing something because Im losing acceleration and my vehilces is reversing few meters.

But the weirdest thing is when vehicle is acting like it is slipping on the ice?
I mean, you are reversing but then suddenly, it's hmmm rotating very fast in one place. It looks like it is on the ice or something. Looks very unnatural.

Ive lost countless M20 and Jacksons because of that.

Will try to post replay.

I did notice this only with USF' vehicles.
1 Mar 2015, 09:18 AM

The second issue is very simple and easy to fix. Light non-tracked vehicles have a ridiculously low 0.1 radius minimum turn radius in the pathfinding files, which when used will be that ridiculous 360 noscope turn ingame. There's no reason for it to exist, just remove that turn and they will behave that much better.

Don't really have a clue about the reverse thing, I think it might be some kind of bug in speed calculations because I have had it happen a few times when blitzing my axis tanks and generally see it happening on roads only with anything else, so it seems to require some kind of speed threshold to happen.
1 Mar 2015, 09:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2015, 09:18 AMCruzz
The second issue is very simple and easy to fix. Light non-tracked vehicles have a ridiculously low 0.1 radius minimum turn radius in the pathfinding files, which when used will be that ridiculous 360 noscope turn ingame. There's no reason for it to exist, just remove that turn and they will behave that much better.

Don't really have a clue about the reverse thing, I think it might be some kind of bug in speed calculations because I have had it happen a few times when blitzing my axis tanks and generally see it happening on roads only with anything else, so it seems to require some kind of speed threshold to happen.

This reversing thing I noticed only when I have 2 vehicles under hotkey and moving them together.
Maybe it has something in common with that? Crossing paths of vehicles causing insta reverse? Or something similar?
2 Mar 2015, 12:13 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2015, 09:18 AMCruzz

no idea if it's related but in DoW2 you can give something enough negative speed that it turns into a very high positive... stacking lascannons and meltabombs onto regening tyrant guards caused them to speed around the map in turtle mode.
2 Mar 2015, 12:47 PM

Have you notice very weird insta reverse when you were going forward? I find it as very nasty thing when Im chasing something because Im losing acceleration and my vehilces is reversing few meters.

But the weirdest thing is when vehicle is acting like it is slipping on the ice?
I mean, you are reversing but then suddenly, it's hmmm rotating very fast in one place. It looks like it is on the ice or something. Looks very unnatural.

Ive lost countless M20 and Jacksons because of that.

Will try to post replay.

I did notice this only with USF' vehicles.

That happened to me a few times as well, while reversing and suddenly your panther decides to drift and shows its butt to the chasing opponent ;) and costs you your tank!
2 Mar 2015, 13:16 PM

2 Mar 2015, 13:34 PM

I've had this happen to plenty of kubels. I think it happens when changing move orders when too close to something that blocks pathing. It's awesome because it always results in my kubel tokyo drifting into rifle fire and exploding. The game balances itself if given the opportunity, see?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★