Login

russian armor

Another idea for the call in meta.

26 Feb 2015, 10:07 AM

What about if whenever an armoured unit is called in via commander, half of its CP value was subtracted from your current CPs.

This would mean it takes longer before you can call a second IS2, Tiger, 34/85s, Stug-E etc.

Because it would take longer it would be more advantageous to build T3 first.

You.could extend it to all call in units, so some shocks/guards, Mg34/falls etc would slightly delay tanks. This would be a minor buff to Werh who dont have many early call ins. Not sure about going this far though.

It would keep the CP value relevant throughout the game rather than just effectively finishing at 12 CP (15 for Ace).

Add flavour by representing limited resources of world war armies.

What do you think?
26 Feb 2015, 10:14 AM

it would just mean that soviets have no late game armour because they rely on calling in shocks and rifles, while german factions can just blob up, put up the flak HT and wait until they get the CP's for the tiger 2 or the tiger
26 Feb 2015, 10:16 AM

I can still get 2 AT guns and tech rush a Panther that counters T3.
Soviet T3 is incredibly lackluster.
26 Feb 2015, 10:45 AM

At the time when you are able to call-in tanks, CPs are earned very fast and won't be a problem at all.

I think it would be better if Relic could somehow increase time window where stock vehicles are still effective, basically increasing their "shock value".
26 Feb 2015, 12:26 PM

Refer to my signature. I have a better idea to fix the call in meta problem, and it's simpler and more effective. Call-in meta is exclusively a Soviet issue that can be fixed in one fell swoop. The Ostheer equalivent of Tiger spam is less mandatory than it is a crutch, and it's more about how cost effective and easy to use heavy tanks are that entices people to spam them. After all nobody wants 3 meh units over 1 heavy that is both easier to use and survivable. It makes sense to save for a second Tiger/IS-2/King Tiger than get anything else and your idea is not a solution to that.
26 Feb 2015, 12:48 PM
Donator 11

Why can't we just have a very long cooldown on callin units? For example 15-20 min cooldown on heavy tanks. They are meant to be supplementing your army not being the core of your army. Losing a Tiger for example should be like losing a queen in chess, yes you can get one back but you should not base your gameplan around it. With a cooldown mechanic you would fall behind in tanktrading if one player used core units and the other only callins. A fix to soviet worthless core units has first to be implemented for this to work ofcourse.

The best games of coh2 i have ever seen has been between two players who just had an agreement on not to spam callin units and those games reminds me on how good vcoh games used to be.
26 Feb 2015, 13:03 PM

That's an excellent idea! But how do you apply it to KT? And spajn refer to the link in my sig please as it contains my thread about making stock Soviet army better and more balanced in one move.
26 Feb 2015, 14:00 PM

At the time when you are able to call-in tanks, CPs are earned very fast and won't be a problem at all.

I think it would be better if Relic could somehow increase time window where stock vehicles are still effective, basically increasing their "shock value".

Just deduct the Full CP value then.
26 Feb 2015, 14:17 PM

Just deduct the Full CP value then.

So, basically it would be a superability bar that will charge as you gain exp (do things).
While I like something in such mechanic, I would ask you - are you really sure that problem in that SECOND IS/Tiger/whatever?
26 Feb 2015, 14:45 PM
Donator 33

I actually like the idea although you can't really change the call-in mechanic without making Soviet T3/T4 less expensive. The same goes for Wehrmacht. Teching of both vanilla factions is horribly overpriced compared to the new WFA.

Adjust teching costs for Soviets/WM and then relic can do whatever they want to change the call-in meta.

That's an excellent idea! But how do you apply it to KT? And spajn refer to the link in my sig please as it contains my thread about making stock Soviet army better and more balanced in one move.

Why should this be applied to the KT? It's a stock tank, no call-in. Once you've got one KT you'll switch to ammo, so a second KT is not very realistic (taling about 1v1 and 2v2 here).

Even in 3v3+ it takes some time to get a second KT out (excluding Luftwaffe supply).
26 Feb 2015, 15:33 PM

Nope, you always go for a second KT if you know what is good for you
26 Feb 2015, 16:41 PM

Tier 3 was aoready delayed to allow light vehicle play. Logical solution is to delay first heavy more.

You could compensate by giving more Xp for building tier 3 or 4.
26 Feb 2015, 17:07 PM
Donator 11

Make an exception for King Tiger and have it as the only core unit in the game with a cooldown. Or just move it to a commander.
26 Feb 2015, 20:01 PM

It is impossible to fix the call in meta without over hauling Soviet army completely. Soviet army is designed to work around commander choice and call ins. I doubt Relic would fix this and it makes more sense to release Coh3 than reworking Sov.
26 Feb 2015, 21:37 PM

It is impossible to fix the call in meta without over hauling Soviet army completely. Soviet army is designed to work around commander choice and call ins. I doubt Relic would fix this and it makes more sense to release Coh3 than reworking Sov.

Or T-34/85 can replace 76 in the lineup and Soviets are suddenly a-okay. Refer to the link in my signature: leads to my thread where that is discussed.
26 Feb 2015, 21:39 PM

Or T-34/85 can replace 76 in the lineup and Soviets are suddenly a-okay. Refer to the link in my signature: leads to my thread where that is discussed.

What about the IS2s and ISU152? Dont forget about 120mm, shocks and guards infantry that are "called in" as well.
26 Feb 2015, 21:41 PM

Yes, but IS-2 and ISU-152 are alternatives to the 85. If it is a stock unit, the appeal for those will be lowered. 120mm is the perfect exampe of a doctrinal unit: Different, not better in every way and better for certain situations like tight maps such as Crossing. Shocks and Guards are not mandatory, but I could say that safely with better peace of mind if Conscripts scaled better with veterancy like the Riflemen of CoH1 did.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★