Login

russian armor

OKW 1v1 Dos and Don'ts and build orders

23 Feb 2015, 17:01 PM

So OKW is the only faction I have yet to play 1v1 with. I have maintain positive records with the other three factions but somehow OKW terrifies me as I know how aggressive you need be with capping in 1v1s...and it just feels like while i'm buying a retreat point my opponent has an extra Con or Rifle squad to breath down my neck. OKW in team games is a joke/blast but I seriously think if I go in with a 3v3/4v4 OKW mindset i'll get blown sky high.

So...what are the dos and don'ts?

And what is the safe/current meta? From what I know, Luft and Fortifications are THE meta for the MG34s and the PaK 43/Falls respectively...What's a good 3rd commander for rounding off? Was thinking Scavenge for Ostwind/Jaegers? Which maps to veto?

Just want a briefing on OKW before I go and lose 3 or 4 in a row.
23 Feb 2015, 17:06 PM

A do is to definetly go for 5 Fallschirmjägers covered by 3 Kübels with 2 Sturmtigers later on.
23 Feb 2015, 17:08 PM

23 Feb 2015, 17:25 PM

Just build volks and see how many you can win in a row. I wish it were more complicated, but it's really not.
23 Feb 2015, 17:52 PM

3 volks, 2 mg34s, medic HQ on the map, t-4 behind your medic HQ, 2 obers, spam shreck, Panther.

If you killed some shermans, not panther but KT.

But vs a good player you will be dead at 15 min Kappa.

If soviet t-1, flak truck + 4 volks and falchirm.
23 Feb 2015, 18:02 PM

what do you currently do?
23 Feb 2015, 18:07 PM

3x volks > T1 > 4th volks > T4 > double ober > panther > kt

Hasn't failed me once, it's really that stupidly easy.
Neo
23 Feb 2015, 18:21 PM

I usually go kubel -> 2 volks ->T1 -> 1 volks -> raketen -> T4 -> luchs/panther depending on what I need
23 Feb 2015, 21:34 PM

3x volks > T1 > 4th volks > T4 > double ober > panther > kt

Hasn't failed me once, it's really that stupidly easy.

Well i'm one for one so far following this on Langres. Didn't even get to the second Ober. As soon as I wiped an early Assault Engie I knew I only had to tighten the noose.

23 Feb 2015, 22:08 PM

23 Feb 2015, 22:22 PM
Benefactor 115

you don't have to be aggressive, you just have to keep a hold on one of the sides, never lose your fuel, never lose squads, use the high squad wipe potential to shred some squads in the right moment, then just wait for the late game and it's gg.
24 Feb 2015, 01:03 AM

Well i'm one for one so far following this on Langres. Didn't even get to the second Ober. As soon as I wiped an early Assault Engie I knew I only had to tighten the noose.

Just keep in mind that you want to drag on games forever with okw, if you are behind just focus on holding one part of the map, don't make an A-move blob,keep your units together but well spread so that stuff like B4s,Scots,120mm Mortars and other stuff won't kill more than one squad if the hits well.

And generally, play very safe, the panther is strong but very expensive, losing it in a stupid way can mean game over if your opponent exploits the opportunity, in other words, use it at max range, maybe barely overextend it and try to rack up Vet, this goes for all of your units, of course, sometimes you'll just be unlucky and a tank or arty piece will one shot your infantry, in that case just replace them.

A small edit:
I usually play with either the special Ops or defensive doc, sometimes the luftwaffe one, basically, the pak43 is a game winner when your opponent is trying to overwhelm you with tanks but has no arty to one shot the pak, (T34/85s/Easy 8s), that way you can place an extremely defensive pak43 near your T4 and use your panther has a bait for the tanks, if he rushes your panther and you are withing the range of the pak43 and a couple of volks with shrecks you'll be able to deal with any amount of tanks.

Otherwise, spec ops is great on urban maps for cheap nades for anti garrison and the 420-no scope STGs destroy all infantry at mid-close range, great for countering shock troops, the command panther also offers great buffs, though it's kind hard to get more than 1 vehile as okw outside of panther > kt.

The luftwaffe one is quite obvious, if somehow you lost your T4, fallschirmjägers are a great replacement for obers, and with some luck you can spawn them to kill soviet snipers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
Germany 685
United States 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak