Login

russian armor

WW2 Humor and culture page

26 Feb 2015, 15:04 PM
Patrion 14

The funny picture

At first I laughed hard. Then it made me sad because it's true.
27 Feb 2015, 20:11 PM
Patrion 28

yeah. NATO was complaining that germany has a shitty military because of post war indoctrination reeducation
27 Feb 2015, 22:09 PM
Patrion 14

That wasn't funny. It was sad. It was revisionist bullshit. Sinister really.

It pretends 'The Fatherland' as constituted in 1945 was worth defending. What if the last cartoon was one of more camps in the woods? More lebensraum and endless war? Who would they burn next?

Ignorant posters are ignorant.

I'm hardly Mister politically correct 2015. My politics are centre-right. But, seriously, this is bullshit.
27 Feb 2015, 22:18 PM

It pretends 'The Fatherland' as constituted in 1945 was worth defending. What if the last cartoon was one of more camps in the woods? More lebensraum and endless war? Who would they burn next?

I'm hardly Mister politically correct 2015. My politics are centre-right. But, seriously, this is bullshit.

This refers to Finland if I am not very mistaken, so I am not sure if the whole Lebensraum and burning people shtick applies. And while we might argue the artistic merits/political subtext of the cartoon, I think its quite uncontroversial that Finland remained a democratic polity because they managed to stall the Soviets on the battlefield long enough.
27 Feb 2015, 22:22 PM

I'm pretty sure this comic refers to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tali-Ihantala and now please let's not get off Topic.
27 Feb 2015, 22:50 PM

i think it's about finland

and secondly, you're reading too much into it
28 Feb 2015, 00:02 AM

Old but Gold.

This cartoon by the British cartoonist David Low was published in the Evening Standard newspaper on 20 September 1939.

This 1939 cartoon was drawn for the American public by the US cartoonist Herb Block.

Spineless Leaders of Democracy (by David Low, 8. Juli 1936)
28 Feb 2015, 00:48 AM

It's about Finland not Germany
28 Feb 2015, 00:58 AM
Patrion 14

I stand corrected.
28 Feb 2015, 01:28 AM

Whether it's about Finland or Germany, I still find its politics painfully sinister, perhaps I misunderstand it, but I still find its message extremely questionable.

Anyway - there's some sort of comic I saw once all about these German soldiers on a hill and what happens to them when different kinds of enemies attack them, I just can't find it...
28 Feb 2015, 02:57 AM
Donator 11

nice acther, it is sad because its true.
28 Feb 2015, 03:20 AM
Patrion 14

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 18
South Africa 2
unknown 10
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W