Login

russian armor

Allied Early Game in 3v3+

20 Feb 2015, 15:07 PM

Not all Allies players do this.

No, of course not all. I didn't say that.
20 Feb 2015, 15:12 PM

And then the "OP Germans! Where is our Pershing!?" threads pop up.

It's true that that some ally players don't use this advantage, but but it's doesn't mean that accents on early/late are equal. In big games allies lose their advantage at 15 min mark, even earlier, if opposite team is equal or better, and axis have their from this mark and to infinite - for me it isn't fair trade. Also defending and waiting always easier and cheaper, then pushing, when you always at the edge.
20 Feb 2015, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 15:12 PMnewvan
Also defending and waiting always easier and cheaper, then pushing.

Yes, and smarter too sometimes, even as allies, although most often you get to hear the mantra "allies push, axis dig in" on repeat. It can be better even as allies to camp at some point rather than to overextend and have to run all the way home again (especially on big maps). I think staying power is important. Not the whole game, when one notices heavy arty incoming then it's time to start moving again and hopfully you'll have troops to scout for your Jacksons and such.

I do agree that allies should be more eager to push early game though.
20 Feb 2015, 15:25 PM

One thing that indirectly shorten the early game on a lot of 3v3 and 4v4 maps is the size. You spend a lot of time getting the troops to the frontline. Every retreat is very punishing and this is worse the further you extend. This also makes it harder for the axis to retake lost territory though. Forward reinforcement is a good way to maintain map presence.

When it comes to soviet call in vs. fast teching, you can always go for Katusja. This is a good short term and long term investment in any big team game.

In 3v3 and 4v4, it is normally up to the allies to attack and keep up the pressure, but if you have enough artillery in the late game, it can force the axis to attack and make them vournable to flanking. Artillery is also good for taking out those pesky pac43's.

What I find the biggest downside in playing 3v3 and 4v4 is the rate at which people leave the game. This happens through all stages of the game, regardless of faction. It usually happens if you are losing at that point, but it almost makes comebacks impossible. And comebacks are in my opinion the best wins, espessially as allies.
20 Feb 2015, 15:37 PM

Yes, and smarter too sometimes, even as allies, although most often you get to hear the mantra "allies push, axis dig in" on repeat. It can be better even as allies to camp at some point rather than to overextend and have to run all the way home again (especially on big maps). I think staying power is important. Not the whole game, when one notices heavy arty incoming then it's time to start moving again and hopfully you'll have troops to scout for your Jacksons and such.

I do agree that allies should be more eager to push early game though.

Def with allies if you don't have 2 stars all game = defeat, if you do, you have chance (not very big) to win by VP. You can't defeat axis armour in fair fight, only by outsmart them, it's hard to keep your tanks alive cause they don't have smoke or blitz, only satisfactory AT are ZIS, ISU and B4 (pray to RNGesus to avoid death crit), IS2 is good, but not like AT, Jacksons are insane RNG machine, sometimes there are awesome, but most the time bounce after bounce, you can't afford Su-85, cause you need fast 34 and callins.
20 Feb 2015, 15:42 PM

Every retreat is very punishing and this is worse the further you extend. This also makes it harder for the axis to retake lost territory though. Forward reinforcement is a good way to maintain map presence.

So how its problem for OKW? They can't retreat and heal near front line without doctrine? For ost it's harder but also achievable, but who need it when you have OKW truck.
20 Feb 2015, 15:46 PM
Patrion 28

OKW mostly negates it, as does USF late game.
20 Feb 2015, 15:56 PM

OKW mostly negates it, as does USF late game.

True, but IMHO this ability is a bit more useful in early then at late, it's always good, but you get more benefits from it in early/mid.
23 Feb 2015, 07:45 AM

Just played a 4v4 in which my USF ally made no rifles or RET, spammed fuel caches (which were destroyed 5 mins later) and then preceded to spam 50 cal mg and mortar trucks. Needless to say we lost that game within 20 mins and when I asked why my ally hadn't made any infantry the other Soviet player on my team firebombed my base as I was healing my own infantry.

Some people just don't get that you can't do that and hope to win.

I dislike 6 players and 8 players random games. The biggest game mode I steped in is 3 v 3 and ONLY with friends. Starting with random 2v2, there's no guarantee what kind of moron you will be "lucky" to have in your team. The bigger the unknown players' number, the bigger the chances to actually be stuck with a moron.
23 Feb 2015, 08:14 AM

You can still win a game with a comp at 3vs4, it happens to me regularly chiefly when the leaver is a moron. Comp will play better than him.

I don't know if I'm that much lucky but I didn't meet that much of dumbass playing ally recently, maybe 1:5 or 1:6
There is also a Behavior to have, being polite and saying early game where you'll attack of hold is helping.

23 Feb 2015, 10:32 AM
Patrion 28

the computer is an amazing ninja capper. not very good in a fight though.
23 Feb 2015, 13:53 PM

3vs3 Allies side is not as balanced as 4vs4 Allies side, many maps are way to large for 3vs3. On the largest, Axis mobile units give them some advantages. It still playable, but not as fun as it should.

Relic should give us dedicated 3vs3 map.

Axis edges on 3vs3 :
Fallschirmjäger
Encirclement doctrine
Great armored mobility : Blitz

More could be said.

Long live to Coh2, the king of all team RTS.
23 Feb 2015, 18:54 PM

the computer is an amazing ninja capper. not very good in a fight though.

Indeed, the computer shows no respect whatsoever. One can often see it pop in the weirdest of places behind your front line capping with a singel AT-gun. As if it wants to tell you "yeah I'm playing against a total moron that probably wont even notice. I mean, how did I even get THIS far? lolz" :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 39
Poland 10
New Zealand 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak