Zook ideas
Option Distribution Votes
63%
38%
Total votes: 8
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
13 Feb 2015, 16:00 PM

Hi guys,

the complaining about shreks and/or zooks made me think of how could that be rebalanced. Real AT guns haver their reasons for existance, but are not worth it if you can just spam Shreks or zooks(which are in their numbers potent too). To get away from Company of Spam and make combined arms more worth again for mid-level-players too. So to get to topic here are my thoughts:
-i tried orientate mysself to the Maxim/MG42 concept to keep things varied
-to redesign that, some things around it have to be changed too

1. M1 Bazooka
-remove the ability to tech them, make them accessable with the LT/T2 to remove the Lack of basic AT, but not motivate to spam them by not having the captian with that tech tree (of course you still can tech him too, but not both simultaneously). Maybe BARs with Captian then to keep it equal, but thats another story. And increase teching cost a bit, cause u get "free" access to zooks/bars
-Make them to portable AT guns with a bit less range, better overall damage but an inconsistent penetration against medium Armor. So they would stay viable against early vehicle rushes, but not denying 100+ fuel tanks the battlefield. Adjust the cost of a bazooka too, but im not into that exact-number-and-what-you-get-at-what-second-thing so other people can add their stuff right [HERE]. And hitting the rear armor would be really rewarded then

2. RPzB 54 "Panzershrek"
-let damage and penetration where it is to silent the but-shreks-where-developed-from-M1s-they- have-to-be-better-guys, but reduce the range significant. In addition it was twice as heavy as an M1, so taking away two weapons from the squad would let an OKW vgren spammer think twice before he ugrades them and Pgrens would become dedicated AT then (for them cost of Shreks could be reduced by 20-30 ammo then). It would reward players for ambushing tanks with true sight that would fit into game mechanics too and it would stay a viable option to keep allied tanks on distance and not chrush them or flank real AT guns supported by a shrek. a reduced reload time due two people manning it would be just fair. Maybe Relic could even get it so far that they increase reload time when only one man is left so a single old/wounded man or child wouldnt be that much of a threat to a tank like a whole squad.
-the reduced range would reward kiting of shrek blobs and make Shreks a not so offensive threat to tanks, but a flanked/encircled one would still go down fast to them, what would reward flanking and splitting of shreks more.
-adjust the püppchen with reduced MP cost to 240 or somewhat around that. If i use them they are working well with their stats and i dont see many players garrisoning it. 2 püppchen with crossing lines of fire can force away anything except an IS2 maybe. So in my opinion its fine where it is, shrek is jsut too attractive.

So thats it from my side. The poll is for people who doesnt want to write a whole story in it but bring in their opinion. Of course that doesnt mean i want to discourage people to vote and comment. Wanna hear opinions form all sides of the community.

P.S.: Relic: decrease the weight of most game iussues by adding side armour
13 Feb 2015, 16:02 PM

idk why shrek poll wasnt added
13 Feb 2015, 16:15 PM
Patrion 28

personally, i think giving them higher near pen (for the bazooka really) and lower far pen would probably be enough.
13 Feb 2015, 16:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

handheld at should be defensive in my opinion but as it stands down you can chase down tanks at long range no problem with schrecks.
So reduce long range accuracy or remove the ability to heat seek.
Change penetration from 180/170/160
to 190/175/140
13 Feb 2015, 16:43 PM

handheld at should be defensive in my opinion but as it stands down you can chase down tanks at long range no problem with schrecks.
to 190/175/140

It should be offensive but not like that. Chasing tank frontally is not something we want.
Handheld AT should be used to attack from side ( :foreveralone: ), hide, lure enemy's tanks into ambush, get out, shoot rear armor and retreat.

But right know we see Volks blobs charging tanks frontally.

That's why I would like to see close range high pen, but mid and long pen very, very low, so you can't fight frontally but when attacked from side ( :foreveralone: ) you still will penetrate always.
13 Feb 2015, 23:05 PM

I, too, think it's the 100% penetration at all ranges of the shrek that makes it so OP right now. Lower it.
14 Feb 2015, 13:15 PM

decreasing pen is the easiest way but enough shreks will still do the Job
Edit: and it would add even more RNG
14 Feb 2015, 13:35 PM

to 190/175/140

I believe this man is exactly right. Handheld AT should be used as punishment if an opponent sends/leaves vehicles in areas unsupported with no line of sight. They are a short range ambush weapon. The idea they they can be used super effectively moving head long into the face of a tank which has a coaxial machine gun and sometimes 50 cal. firing onto them is absolutely ridiculous. This is especially true considering how flank-able and micro intensive normal AT guns are.

I don't know how this passed basic QA testing. Blobbing (specifically schreck blobbing) really turned me off from the game since WFA was released. It's been an uphill battle getting my Gaming Group to play matches with me as well. Hopefully this will be acknowledged as a problem and fixed sooner than later because the life-cycle of developer support for this game is probably coming to an end soon and it's really not in a great state and hasn't been for a long time now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★