Login

russian armor

Current Meta - useful commanders etc.

9 Feb 2015, 09:36 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Dishka is a bit pudding right now

50cal mgs ought to have light armour capability but they don't.

However the main advantage you've got in Lend Lease is that you can go T1/T4, still get an MG and still get a halftrack
9 Feb 2015, 09:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge

@Stug3-E Topic: Yeah I just got steamrolled because I never expected them to be so good, I remembered them to be almost useless crap.

They were a joke unit for a long time, now they are useful.

However they wilt against any serious AT - or really any AT at all; or any armour. Further one with engine damage is usually doomed.

I build two as Ostheer because at the time they come they are something you need.

I don't expect the to live long though
9 Feb 2015, 10:58 AM

Dishka is a bit pudding right now

50cal mgs ought to have light armour capability but they don't.

However the main advantage you've got in Lend Lease is that you can go T1/T4, still get an MG and still get a halftrack

Yep, the DShK isn't great at the moment.

Oh, and don't forget the M4C either. It's not as good against tanks as the Easy 8, but it's rate of fire is pretty high.
The Assault Guards (or whatever they're called) that come with the Halftrack aren't bad either.
9 Feb 2015, 11:07 AM

I have tried and tried to make airborne work for me...I just can't do it. It's so good on paper but it just doesn't work for in-game. Rifle used to be my go-to but starting the game with a cool-down on a 0CP ability? What's the point of a 0CP ability then? Stupid.

I go Armour mainly and maybe Infantry if the situation is right.

I really like Airborne, as it allows me to go Lieutenant -> Major -> fast Sherman, and still get an AT gun should the need arise. Paratroopers are also very powerful and let you handle vetted infantry like Grenadiers and possibly even Obers. The P-47 Rocket Attack is also very powerful.

As for vetted Rifles: early on after the release of WFA, the ability started ready to be used. It was OP as hell. You ended up with a strong numerical advantage early on that snowballed out of control.

That said, Infantry and Armor are both solid choices.
9 Feb 2015, 14:05 PM

Me and my 2v2 partner are not playing at a high level but we usually do pretty good.

I go Sov and go support heavy. A couple of cons into maxims and 120mm mortars and Zis. After that i go for katyusha and/or heavy tanks/SU depending on commander and fuel situation.

My USF buddy spams rifles, get an AA halftrack as fast as he can and then transition over into jacksons/shermans. P47 strafe takes care of enemy heavy armor.

This works against most strats but we struggle sometimes against double OKW with luchs and obers.
10 Feb 2015, 10:16 AM

Its getting better.
What are you counters to axis OKW+OH lategame? Especially on maps like Vaux (really hate that map), where you can push the axis back with ease when done correctly (spammed correctly :D)?

I just feel like you cant choose any commander as Soviets without T34-85, IS-2 or ISU - because no matter how well you play, any non-retarded axis player will screw your lategame.
10 Feb 2015, 13:06 PM

Its getting better.
What are you counters to axis OKW+OH lategame? Especially on maps like Vaux (really hate that map), where you can push the axis back with ease when done correctly (spammed correctly :D)?

I just feel like you cant choose any commander as Soviets without T34-85, IS-2 or ISU - because no matter how well you play, any non-retarded axis player will screw your lategame.

Industry is still very, very powerful.
10 Feb 2015, 18:25 PM

I made use of the commanders with KV8 more often and that helped a bit.
But it's still pretty unsatisfying seeing three penals with flames losing against three panzergrens with 2 shrecks each...

It's totally okay that the Panzerschreck, which was an awesome and well-designed weapon, is performing very well - but it needs some tweaks, doesnt it?

Thank you all guys, your advices proved to be really worthy input and helped me alot - I like that discussion very much so far.
11 Feb 2015, 02:15 AM

Schreks are one of the main pillars upon which the Axis factions stand on. You have to be very careful with tweaks, or the whole thing can come crumbling down.
11 Feb 2015, 09:55 AM

Sure it does, but for example USF needs the bazooka as well! And I'm not sure if this tool is worth their price - but you still have to use them because you usually lack options.

Im not talking of -50% damage or something crazy like most whiners here :D
Just +15% reload time or something similar.
17 Feb 2015, 13:14 PM

You can replace 34/85s, IS2 or ISU with SU85s on the right map with the right doctrinal support.

Or you can go extreme T34 spam maybe with a commander with mark target and try to not let him reach late game, but you need to be ballsy as its basically an all in.

Or spam ZiS with KV8 spearhead.
21 Feb 2015, 11:59 AM

Currently I'm enjoying Lend Lease very much (again). Combination of SU85 (on the right map) with M4C Shermans or T34/85 are somewhat effective enough.

What bothers me most is that t he SU85 seems to have an odd accuracy, even against tanks/vehicles. This baby very often misses important shots.
I had an occasion in 3v3 where a panther ran into a mine, engine damaged.
I've had 3 Su85 ready to fire, each firing 4 shots on a flat engagement area. Two of these 12 shots hit, none of them penetrating.

Sure this is an extreme example, but it's often somewhat similar.
21 Feb 2015, 14:35 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS