Quentin :"Blob is not noob"

Quentin :"Blob is not noob"
Option Distribution Votes
37%
63%
Total votes: 82
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
6 Feb 2015, 07:25 AM

I'm gonna defend Hoi Paulad by this thread. Blob is a part of the game, it can be good for râpe a unit alone or for make a decisive push in a khey point. You know what ? Hitler used Blob with Rommel's Tank for smash the France, they won because all their tanks were regroup on a same point and french's tank not. For exemple, i loosed one time one mg because of a blob, it was so a nice choice. Blob is a tactic like another, it can be good and ofc bad in others situations, but not noob. PS : yes = true ; no = false. Don't know why i wrote yes and no.
6 Feb 2015, 07:28 AM

Quentin is prestige 3 lvl 100 trolllord Kappa
6 Feb 2015, 07:31 AM

People are way too offended by being called a noob :)

6 Feb 2015, 07:32 AM

Your poll options fixed.

For the poll.. It's a tricky question. I would say that blob is noob if the player does not know anything else than blob his units.

If it's part of his one game's strategy (like Lenny's NKVD guide), then I would just count it as strategy like everything else.
6 Feb 2015, 07:43 AM

Ye flamee, but it's not because someone think blob is good all the time and he is a noob, that we can say that it's a noob style. After if blob is make everytime by all noobs, we can maybe say that Kappa.
6 Feb 2015, 07:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2015, 07:32 AMFlamee
Your poll options fixed.

For the poll.. It's a tricky question. I would say that blob is noob if the player does not know anything else than blob his units.

If it's part of his one game's strategy (like Lenny's NKVD guide), then I would just count it as strategy like everything else.

True, blobing is a part of a game but it can also be very punishing.

By blobing you are risking your whole army, indeed. So if you do it all the time and carelessly, you def lose. plus good players know how to punish it if that's what you just do and they expect it coming.

Honestly, I think allies have some great tools to punish that, even though many complain about OKW blobs.
6 Feb 2015, 07:53 AM

I always considered blobbers to be the people who are too lazy to micro individual units and just select them all for an attack move. The units will end up clumped together and easy prey to nades, arty, and barrages. As for keeping units in close vicinity to maximize their firepower, I don't consider that blobbing. I guess there is a fine line to walk though. lol
6 Feb 2015, 08:01 AM

I never regard blobbing as noob.

It is risky if your constantly doing because you put all your eggs in one bag. However, if you do it occasionally it can really catch over-extended oppoents off guard.

Tactical blobbing wins more games than what mindless blobbing can.
6 Feb 2015, 08:09 AM
Benefactor 115

there's blobbing and blobbing. selecting all the units and a-moving to a point, then retreating all of them when only one is dying -> noob.
big push with decent spacing between units and possibly multiple angles of approach -> legit
6 Feb 2015, 09:16 AM

Permanently Banned
6 Feb 2015, 09:56 AM
Patrion 15

my guess would be that a lot of people who complain in this forum about blobbing have not fully understand one key concept of infantry fighting in this game. that would be that the strenght of a present force in a fight is growing exponetially if you increase the numbers of the involved soldiers.

example: 4 grenadiers are not twice as strong as 2 grenadiers but roughly 4 times stronger.

the reason behind this is that 4 grenadiers have not only 2 times the firepower of 2 grenadiers but also twice the hitpoints.

this results in the legit tactic that to win an engagement you have try to trow in as much of your forces as possible. this is even more important when you are about to attack because the defender has the advantage of cover and from better aim while standing still.

through this reasons blobbing can indeed be better compared to have your forces spread over the whole map and that way loose more encounters.

on the other hand: if you can spare the time it takes to micro - in almost every case: it is better to spread your troops out and not move them together in one big control group, because doing so puts you at a great risk of suppression, flames and all kind of explosive weapons.
6 Feb 2015, 10:01 AM

Man, you're the Jaden Smith of coh2.
6 Feb 2015, 10:21 AM

If its noob or not has nothing to do with the concept "blobing". Its not noob if the game mechanics rewards you for blobing. Coh2 is all about blobing = in Coh2 blobing is not noob.
6 Feb 2015, 10:46 AM
Patrion 15

If its noob or not has nothing to do whit the concept "blobing". Its not noob if the game mechanics rewards you for blobing. Coh2 is all about blobing = in Coh2 blobing is not noob.

the game does not reward blobbing. in fact there are numerous aspects that punish blobbing. that would be the whole supression mechanic, indirect fire, flame weapons, mines, tank shells, fear propaganda etc etc.

in coh1 there was a time when blobbing was indeed rewarded. that was when it was a legit tactic to group about 5-8 squads of 2 man pioneer squads together and move them around beeing close together. by beeing blobbed up it was very hard for the enemy to focus fire the most deadly pioneers with flamethrowers or hurt squads.

coh2 does not work that way. it does not reward to blob your units. what the game does reward is to have more firepower in an engagement than the enemy. this can be achived by attack-moving all your units across the map, but it is better achived by having your force being together but spread out.
6 Feb 2015, 11:07 AM

the game does not reward blobbing. in fact there are numerous aspects that punish blobbing. that would be the whole supression mechanic, indirect fire, flame weapons, mines, tank shells, fear propaganda etc etc.

in coh1 there was a time when blobbing was indeed rewarded. that was when it was a legit tactic to group about 5-8 squads of 2 man pioneer squads together and move them around beeing close together. by beeing blobbed up it was very hard for the enemy to focus fire the most deadly pioneers with flamethrowers or hurt squads.

coh2 does not work that way. it does not reward to blob your units. what the game does reward is to have more firepower in an engagement than the enemy. this can be achived by attack-moving all your units across the map, but it is better achived by having your force being together but spread out.

If the top10players are discussing it and blaming one another (see replaysection) for blobing I think we safely can say that blobing is rewarded in Coh2. Only the embarrassment is restraining them...
6 Feb 2015, 11:21 AM
Patrion 14

Tank shells don't matter a bit when a schrek blob is coming towards a tank, and suppression is really bad currently. Maxims don't even have area suppression, and even MG42s have a hard time suppressing USF blobs. A mine will barely help, as it doesn't have suppression as in CoH1. It may get a squad to half health, big deal, there's 7 more of them. Fear propaganda may work, but you can't do that every time, and it's only in certain commanders. Flame weapons? Just outrange them. Indirect fire? Just keep on moving.

Seriously, blobbing is a tactic that works way too well at the moment.
6 Feb 2015, 11:32 AM
Patrion 14

Blobbing is the easy way. You can play very effective with a relatively rudimentary micromanagement. From this perspective, yes, blobbing is the noob way to do things. Sometimes a better play might lose because his enemy chose the easy way an blob and thats frustrating. Furthermore a game without blobs is a pleasure to watch from my perspective.

In CoH1 Brits and PE benefit from blobbing. On the other hand MG´s are a fairly effective way to stop such a blob. I think there are no boni for a blobbing player in CoH2 (besides the easy way thing mentioned above) but there is also no blob stoping unit like the MG.

You know what ? Hitler used Blob with Rommel's Tank for smash the France, they won because all their tanks were regroup on a same point and french's tank not.

Reality unequal game mechanics. Your argument is invalid.

Besides that it was not just about the tanks, it was also about the combined arms tactic and the Mission-type tactics the Wehrmacht used.
6 Feb 2015, 12:13 PM

I would mean in this exemple that blob can be good for rape a unit alone or make a decisive push in a khey point like in WWII (attck of france by germans)
6 Feb 2015, 12:52 PM

Yes, let´s make blobbing socially acceptable.
All I want now is Schrecks for my Obers.
Who cares about game mechanics. *Sarcasm* :facepalm:

6 Feb 2015, 14:25 PM

Blob is a tactic like another, it can be good and ofc bad in others situations, but not noob.

What do you a call a blobbing noob then??
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 29
Germany 822
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak