Login

russian armor

Lienne Forest Crashes

4 Feb 2015, 01:45 AM

In most MP games on Lienne Forest I'll crash to desktop with a notification saying that the display driver has stopped and has recovered.

I've verified the game cache, installed latest drivers, installed MS 'Fix' for this error and have changed all my graphic settings to low but it still crashes!

Why would it be this particular map so consistently?

Is it fixable without a patch from Relic?

Thanks for any help.
4 Feb 2015, 06:14 AM

Hmm i have not seen this crash but Frencho who regularly plays with me has crashed several times when we were doing 4's
I just assumed it was his POS computer..
Good to know.
4 Feb 2015, 06:16 AM
Donator 33

Dunno if it's related but the only map I've had the super low FPS issue is Lienne Forest. Happened maybe 5 times?
4 Feb 2015, 07:31 AM
Benefactor 115

I wish my computer would crash when I load that map..
4 Feb 2015, 07:42 AM

I've had the same problem, turned out both of my GPUs were done for... had to buy a new one. Do you have this problem only with CoH2 and only on this map? Or this has happened when you put a lot of pressure on your card? Do you have artifacts when paying different games?

You can search for some "GPU Health Test" or "GPU Pressure Test" softwares, or even GPU Z and check if there is a problem with you GPU.
4 Feb 2015, 08:38 AM

Ta for the replies.

This is the only game & only map where the display driver actually crashes and leaves me on the desktop.

Although I do get artifacting in Civ 5 very occasionally in the other Civ Leaders' screens.

The map runs smoothly enough, at least as well as most other maps, it's just that it crashes. Vielsalm seems way more demanding graphically than Lienne Forest yet it plays through fine. So yeah, I dunno.

I'll be wanting to upgrade my GPU soon anyway so I'll see if that helps any.
4 Feb 2015, 08:55 AM
Benefactor 115

have you checked the gpu temperature under load?
Just dusting it off might help
4 Feb 2015, 18:19 PM

I used to crash constantly on Lienne Forest, around the 3 to 5 minute mark. Seriously, every single time!

Then 2 days ago I played 4 games in a row on Lienne Forest with Kalashnikov and my other team-mates, I only crashed the 4 time.

To be honest I have no idea what is up with this map. Coh 2 never crashes on any other map for me, the game is quite stable for me besides Lienne Forest (Optimization is still crap IMHO).

My GTX 580 GPU runs really cool; never above 58-60 celsius, so we can rule overheating out. Sure it's ageing GPU, yet it still runs all the games I play on Very high settings @1200p without issues at 45-60 FPS and I've never had a single artifact case.

I use EVGA precision for monitoring and now and then stress test it with EVGA OC Scanner. Everything is fine.

I also have the latest Nvidia drivers.

So I guess it's an issue with CoH 2, not Nvidia or my GPU, and specifically with Lienne Forest.

I wonder if it has anything to do with VRAM? Lienne Forest is the most detailed and beatiful 4v4 map.

The GTX 580 only has 1.5 GB of Vram and I run "high" for texture settings. But then, why would the GPU run out of Vram at the 3-5 minute mark when there are no massive armies engaging and only a couple of squads skirmishing? Also if it was Vram, I'd crash on every other large 4v4 map!

Edit: Just played again on Lienne Forest with textures lowered to medium, guess what! Bugsplat and the driver stopped responding. It even crashes while spectacting live games, it's definitely an issue with the map, not the GPU!

4 Feb 2015, 23:46 PM

Frencho, I had this issue and fixed it by underclocking the memory and core speed slightly.

edit: using MSI afterburner.
5 Feb 2015, 01:03 AM

Ah that's interesting, I have GTX 580 SLi.

I remember there was internet banter about these cards having bad memory in a lot of samples back when they were released but I've never personally had a problem until now. Even if it's because of the card, why this game and this map only?

I will try underclocking the card a little as akula did.

It's not the temps, my system is water cooled. :D

EDIT: Lienne hasn't crashed for me since the patch today & I've played it 3 or 4 times in MP matches.
I don't want to speak too soon but maybe it's been resolved... we shall see. :)
7 Feb 2015, 09:26 AM

Played Lienne 3 times today and has crashed twice.
3 Apr 2015, 03:48 AM

Just thought I would update this thread as I upgraded my GPU's recently to GTX 980 SLi and haven't had Lienne crash on me once.

The game still bugsplats quite frequently just before the stats/score screen but at least the game is over by then. :)
3 Apr 2015, 03:55 AM
Patrion 28

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight