Login

russian armor

Suggestion for War-Spoils Dupes

13 Jan 2015, 09:22 AM

I just thought of this, and I figured I could share with the rest of you to see what you think.

1)Add an in-game currency. One that is only obtainable by completing online games. You could also throw in different types of in-game challenges which reward players with more in-game currency or war-spoils. (Kind of like how it used to be before war spoils came in) Also, other match only awards like "Most kills", "Most tanks destroyed", etc

2)Still have random warspoils drops, but add an in-game "War Department" (or whatever name you can think of) which allows you to purchase crates (again, whatever you want to call it) that contains bulletins, skins, commanders, etc. Again, can only be purchased with the rewarded points, gold, coins, etc gained from matches.

3)The ability to sell off bulletins, commanders, skins, etc that you have obtained already for currency.

I apologize this isn't as well polished as I would have liked due to being exhausted and about to head to bed.

Hopefully, you can understand what I'm getting at. By no means am I supporting, or suggesting, Relic add-in more "P2W" mechanics. As I mentioned above this is all things you can only obtain by doing in-game activities, no real money is used.
13 Jan 2015, 09:36 AM
Donator 33

Sounds like a decent solution. I think there would need to be a bunch of stuff that could only be purchased with igg, such as unique skins. Otherwise if you're just trading your trash items in for a bunch of randomised (probably also trash) items at a bad exchange rate, most people won't bother engaging with it.
13 Jan 2015, 10:18 AM

Don't bother with warspoils, they said like half a year ago they are working already on it and they did already all those surveys and stuff to find solutions. It won't get faster if we come up with new suggestions now again, Relic just needs to get off their ass to do what they already planned.
13 Jan 2015, 11:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2015, 10:18 AMgokkel
Don't bother with warspoils, they said like half a year ago they are working already on it and they did already all those surveys and stuff to find solutions. It won't get faster if we come up with new suggestions now again, Relic just needs to get off their ass to do what they already planned.

I can agree on that completely
13 Jan 2015, 11:13 AM

Yeah Relic still drops us duplicate faceplates, bulletins and commanders. Solution: "Hide duplicate items :snfPeter:"
13 Jan 2015, 11:44 AM

What i want is that i can sell say 3 of my commanders(duplicates) for atleast 1 new of my choice.This would be fair solution at 3:1 ratio.
Same ratio can be applied for skins.And maybe 5:1 or 10:1 for bulletins.
13 Jan 2015, 22:19 PM
Donator 11

I wan't to be able to bet money on obs mode :megusta:
13 Jan 2015, 22:25 PM

Is the Warspoils system rocket science? If so, then why bother adding in such a convoluted system...

I want to get rid of my useless duplicates that are impossible to use. Instead, i want to replace them with things i dont have or to get duplicate bulletins of pen/reloading bonuses to be used in stacking. Is it too hard to be payed to work on this?
14 Jan 2015, 07:51 AM

What i don't understand is if relic is understaffed or unable to fix things due to pressure,why doesn't it involve community members who will do it free?Give them objectives,let them tweak things u can't be bothered urself,test them..then scrutinize the final thing urself.Overall guide the process,but let community provide manpower - so vision is urs largely without need for much additional work.
14 Jan 2015, 09:05 AM
Patrion 28

legal and control issues involved with getting the community involved. someone could theoretically change the name of OKH to Penis or something and have it slip through the patch, which they would have to check anyway. this is an even bigger issue with their shitty version control. there's still a lot of little stuff they could tackle though, or at least tell us that they have a super secret party every friday and don't do any work and that's why everything takes so long or whatever.
14 Jan 2015, 09:55 AM

Good solutions, but I think relic has other options in mind, maybe trading of crafting. But you have good points.
14 Jan 2015, 09:59 AM

What i don't understand is if relic is understaffed or unable to fix things due to pressure,why doesn't it involve community members who will do it free?Give them objectives,let them tweak things u can't be bothered urself,test them..then scrutinize the final thing urself.Overall guide the process,but let community provide manpower - so vision is urs largely without need for much additional work.

This is exactly what Valve is doing, community makes something, test it and then they simply implement it in their games and everyone is happy. They are mostly cosmetics though, but we have people here with great ideas (commanders, maps etc.). They have done this with maps, but things like commanders, skins, even units can be created by the community. Valve even pays a cut to the creator, but I think we can find people here who will do that for free. I think it's up to Sega to decide.
14 Jan 2015, 23:51 PM

When was the last time relic said anything about fixing duplicate drops? I've been away for 5 months but it seems nothing really has changed (a lot of people still pissed off and relic doing nothing to solve a very simple problem)
15 Jan 2015, 03:54 AM
Patrion 28

"fixing"? never
15 Jan 2015, 06:40 AM

How does it work anyway? Does anyone have a link to an explanation?

In my experience so far, it seems like ppl get more spoils from losing than winning, but ofc that may just be envy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★