Login

russian armor

Why Do You Lose Games?

10 Jan 2015, 20:11 PM

I'd have to say some macro mistakes. But for the most part what annoys me enough to surrender ( why i have most of my losses ) is interface lag, 10s random freezes and rng.
My last match was a hoot, not only did my rifles not retreat when going from suppressed to pinned no matter how much i spammed t, the same mg team killed 3 models of my other full health 5man rifleman squad that was flanking with 4-5 shots from the mg crew.. Instant rage surrender.
15 Jan 2015, 06:42 AM

My APM is too low. I can compensate with tactics and strategy to a certain level. But when I hit the streak of asian players with roller balls in their fingers, I'm toast.
15 Jan 2015, 08:29 AM

Both micro and macro mistakes, but mostly micro.
I lose frequently when opponent clearly outsmarts me or just hardcounters my strat (falls pop out behind snipers, stuka zu fuss against AT guns, etc).

Also there are factors like:
- game freezes/fast forward
- infantry just doesn't say "Grenade!"
- pathing, when you flanking with 3+ mediums
15 Jan 2015, 09:01 AM

Micro. And I can't do anything about it at my age :P. You need to be at most 25 to improve micro.
...aaand I just can't use the keyboard as often as I should. Mouse 80-90%. I use sometimes A, D, U, T hotkeys maybe sometimes F1-F4 but that's all. Damn, I wish I could use hotkeys more.
15 Jan 2015, 09:08 AM
Donator 33

Only play 2v/3v/4v:

1. Not blobbing enough. To take my game to the next level I need to study the art of selecting all my units and right clicking around the map. This irritates me.
2. Match making. This isn't about blaming teammates, just looking at the overall matchup on both sides. Celo gives you >90% certainty about the outcome of the game before it begins. This also irritates me.

Obviously micro and macro also, but the above two are much more significant.
15 Jan 2015, 09:14 AM

More often micro mistakes than macro. Sometimes it has to do with the team not communicating good enough and you have both going heavy AI thinking AT will come from the other guy.

No wait what am I saying I only loose to [insert enemy team] is OP and [some unit] is bullshit OP, or my team sucks, RNG fucks me, game is buggy ro some other bullshit. Whatever the reason why I lost it is never my fault. I have no responsibility for any of my looses.
15 Jan 2015, 09:27 AM

lol, looking at this thread you realize most of you are so pro that only loose because of obers, RNG and so on.....Really? don´t think so....maybe only pros are posting in this forum, how knows....

Pretty sure when most of you have a game againts luvnets, Romeo, Cruzz....you lost because they are way better that you....but it´s beter if we blame to RNG and Relic, hohoho.

I lost because I´m an average at most, so tons of players that I face, outplay me....The rest of the time, when I face a less skilled player or anyone with similar level and I lost that game, is because I fuck up hard with my micro and/or macro....not enough APM, not enough focused on the game, not enough skilled to read the opponent strategies....

15 Jan 2015, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2015, 09:27 AMFul4n0
lol, looking at this thread you realize most of you are so pro that only loose because of obers, RNG and so on.....Really? don´t think so....maybe only pros are posting in this forum, how knows....

Pretty sure when most of you have a game againts luvnets, Romeo, Cruzz....you lost because they are way better that you....but it´s beter if we blame to RNG and Relic, hohoho.

I lost because I´m an average at most, so tons of players that I face, outplay me....The rest of the time, when I face a less skilled player or anyone with similar level and I lost that game, is because I fuck up hard with my micro and/or macro....not enough APM, not enough focused on the game, not enough skilled to read the opponent strategies....

you're right dude, i don't lose because of RNG... i lose because when i see a shreck ober blob i contract a serious AIDS infection. then i have to quit the game because i need to go to the hospital :(
15 Jan 2015, 09:34 AM

No wait what am I saying I only loose to [insert enemy team] is OP and [some unit] is bullshit OP, or my team sucks, RNG fucks me, game is buggy ro some other bullshit. Whatever the reason why I lost it is never my fault. I have no responsibility for any of my looses.

:rofl: That is pure gold right there mate!
15 Jan 2015, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2015, 09:01 AMJohnnyB
Micro. And I can't do anything about it at my age :P. You need to be at most 25 to improve micro.
...aaand I just can't use the keyboard as often as I should. Mouse 80-90%. I use sometimes A, D, U, T hotkeys maybe sometimes F1-F4 but that's all. Damn, I wish I could use hotkeys more.

Nah. My micro (and APM) actually improved significantly throughout my CoH "career", and its all been well past the 25 threshold.

When I lose games - leaving RNG/Performance issues asides - it is usually either through tunnel vision - aka staring at one particular engagement to the detriment of others, or because of overextension/aggression. Of course alot of people are simply better than I am, but those are my specific weaknesses.
15 Jan 2015, 11:10 AM

maps, poor map design gives certain factions advantages.
15 Jan 2015, 21:39 PM

I mostly lose to poor micro and tossing "with my last breath I spit at thee" nades with 2 man squads.
15 Jan 2015, 22:22 PM

Mostly micro
Although i have to admit that i dont know what to do when a guy spams scotts which wipes all your infantry squads thx to relics new cover system
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★