Login

russian armor

(4-6) Enix - (8) Enix

2 Jan 2015, 13:43 PM

This is my first coh map at all. I had some ideas and decided to combine them together in a single map. There is a D-day style beach for tanks to rule since there is few cover for infantry and almost everything is open space. Then there are big trenches for artillery fights to control the middle of the map and keep the resource points. And last, there is a town with narrow streets for infantry to garrison and ambush the enemy.

The map is balanced, as it is almost symmetric. The beach territory doesn't have many points compared to the other parts of the map, but if you capture it, you can call in reinforcements from there. In the middle there are trenches, perfect for artillery and defense strategies. Just in the middle, in a straight line, there are resource points, its important to keep the enemy away from them as whoever has those points, will have the advantage. In the town there are quite a lot of resource points, but unlike the beach, you can't call any reinforcements from there.

there are 2 versions for different number of players and max population:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=366767778
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=367243115

And another for infinite resources:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=367769208

Hope you enjoy it!

Description:
Use your heavy armor to control the beach. Obliterate the enemy trench lines with artillery strikes. Garrison your infantry in the town, and ambush the enemy in the narrow streets. Destroy and conquer, and victory is yours.

Version 1.1, changelog:
- Added more details and textures
- working day and night cycle
- Increased max population to 175
- Added some more resource points.

Version 1.2, changelog:
- Changed and improved the town textures
- Night time is longer, and day tim is more sunny at the end.
- Added some more walls and details.

Version 1.3, changelog:
- Added base defences
- Fixed the starting position problems.
- Added more detail and improved textures.
- Added water effects.
- You can no longer capture points inside buildings.
- Decreased population to 125 to make it more standard, you can use mods to change that though.

Have fun!

feel free to post any suggestions for the map, as this is my first map for coh. Any way to improve textures even more? I have seen some maps with incredible textures and details.
2 Jan 2015, 16:52 PM

Looks detailed, im getting this now will update the post after i play a round.

update: this map is really good has both CQB and open areas favouring both close and long range scenarios.

A good map to compstomp when bored

was the lack of base defenses intentional ?
2 Jan 2015, 18:08 PM

Looks detailed, im getting this now will update the post after i play a round.

update: this map is really good has both CQB and open areas favouring both close and long range scenarios.

A good map to compstomp when bored

was the lack of base defenses intentional ?

thank you! Well, I thought that the map was large enough to keep the enemy away at least for the beginning, and so I decided not to add defenses. the trenches are also a good barrier and a nice place to set defenses while in game. So I don't know, I may change my mind and add 1 machinegun bunker for each player, but for now this works :)

thanks for the comment :)

Edited:
Added the base bunkers to all the maps.
4 Jan 2015, 18:24 PM

Gonna check it out, just finished a 6 hour world builder session. Time to relax and play a game. Be back to comment in a bit.
5 Jan 2015, 00:59 AM

Gonna check it out, just finished a 6 hour world builder session. Time to relax and play a game. Be back to comment in a bit.

Thank you! Yes I know what you mean, I spent so many hours in this map, and I know the feeling. I just hope that I'll find people to play a multiplayer game with it, because I haven't tried it in multiplayer yet.
15 Jan 2015, 13:33 PM

This is my first coh map at all. (...)

Hey Dude, good to see you´re among us! :welcome: to CoH2.org!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★