Login

russian armor

Artillery: Soviet 152mm, Ostheer 105mm

19 Dec 2014, 11:53 AM

I played the LeFH18 in my last games and I have to say it was pretty fun together with the PaK43.

BUT you guys are right. The LeFH barely hits anything and the worst part is that both emplacements are dead against either mortars or Katjushas. And these are units you will most likely see against a soviet player. So it's probably a waste of 600 manpower.
19 Dec 2014, 12:39 PM

pak43 -500 mp.No reason why lefh shouldn't be.
I think ostheer ones at least are just in bad doctrines without any good support options -no armor,no panzer tactician,no g43s or stormtroopers etc.The only useable one is joint ops with pak43,recon and arty officer.
22 Dec 2014, 20:08 PM

I'm thinking 480mp would be fair for these 2 howies
22 Dec 2014, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2014, 20:08 PMakula
I'm thinking 480mp would be fair for these 2 howies

Yeah and then they would need to reduce the USF pack howitzer to 380 with 7 or 8 pop cap.
22 Dec 2014, 22:17 PM
Donator 33

Yeah and then they would need to reduce the USF pack howitzer to 380 with 7 or 8 pop cap.

The Pack Howie actually deals some damage. At vet 2 it's amazing (auto-fire) and the barrage is awesome compared to the le.IG. The MP cost for the le.IG could be reduced to 240 and I still wouldn't buy it.

On topic: The leFH is garbage mostly because there's no target on the field. Blobs? You won't hit them. Weapon teams? You won't hit them.

The Soviet arty pieces become very effective after vet 1 and OKW's forward HQs are always good targets.
22 Dec 2014, 23:07 PM

I like using all three of the units OP mentioned. It may explain why I'm such an awful player but boy they are a lot of fun to use.

Given the performance of the ML20 and LeFH I think a lower MP cost would be great.
The Priest could use a touch more armor to allow it to survive a single skill plane pass.

23 Dec 2014, 00:00 AM

The ML20 is quite good in my opinion (played against tons of time), thats why I have every game Close Air Support as Wehrmacht, if they choose it. Recon + Divebomb and its dead.
23 Dec 2014, 01:00 AM

Ostheer 105 is abysmal compared to the mediocre 152. It does half the damage with the same scatter and aoe. Its shoots 2 more shells...but thats not enough to compensate for the fact that shells individually do almost nothing. It honestly looks like they didn't even pay attention to the statistics when typing them or test out the unit in its present form. Theres no way this could be valued at 600 manpower
23 Dec 2014, 01:50 AM

I see the ML20 fairly often and it usually manages to get to vet 3.
The LefH on the other hand I haven't seen in ages. The shells lack in punch, it hardly worth the popcap and the manpower.
A Ostheer mortar / Mortar Halftrack does a better job.
23 Dec 2014, 05:44 AM
Patrion 15

provide a link for all us lazy f***s, please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPs_ALx_aBg

Howie that fa show pays off
23 Dec 2014, 07:42 AM

but how am i supposed to kill that king tiger!!!
23 Dec 2014, 07:44 AM

Before the LeFH and ML-20 got nerfed, I played them 50% of the time (Good old Joint Ops Doctrine). Now the LeFH is nerfed too much to make it useful.

The ML-20 on the otherhand is still a great unit to use (90% of the time soviet shock army). Perhaps because I'm sick and tired of the call in strategy, which is a different discussion!

Please give me back my LeFH :'( we used to kill 60-70 units each per game!
23 Dec 2014, 08:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2014, 07:42 AMNinjaWJ
but how am i supposed to kill that king tiger!!!

With a few Priests (3+), they will bless it to death... but yeah I don't know about the Ml20.

Btw does anyone know how much damage the Priest does compared to the SOV/OsT arty? I find it more effective since you can stack them because of decrewing to by pass pop cap.

23 Dec 2014, 08:58 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPs_ALx_aBg

Howie that fa show pays off

Good to see I'm not the only one who uses terror. It works very well vs OKW as the propaganda can constantly shut down blobs. however I find t4 much more effective for the su-85 rather then hoping that your t34 can seal the deal vs tanks. And instead of using the t34s like Ice was, I use the kv-8s.

Edit: And I cried laughing when he finally used the prop/arty combo, its one that has worked for myself MANY times.
23 Dec 2014, 10:29 AM

With a few Priests (3+), they will bless it to death... but yeah I don't know about the Ml20.

Btw does anyone know how much damage the Priest does compared to the SOV/OsT arty? I find it more effective since you can stack them because of decrewing to by pass pop cap.

A good hit by the ML-20 will knock off maybe half of the health of a panther, I like artying repairing German tanks as they don't take kindly to having repair crews and pioneers etc blown up by the falling shells.

I like to use the ML-20 in conjunction with a katyusha. (I play 4v4s mostly these days, the rest of the game is too depressing) Katy for short range blob control and the ML-20 for artying Sim cities, expected routes where the enemy will advance and tanks (because the Katyusha can't do a thing versus tanks...) ML-20 isn't particularly good at shooting at moving targets, but it prevents them bunkering down on targets.

I haven't seen the leFH for an age (nor have I used it). It used to be a year ago that I'd be getting very concerned if there was an leFH on the map, the amount of shells it threw out and the non-existant cooldown made it very dangerous to my units. These days if I see falling arty shells, I just shrug, it doesn't do enough for me to worry about. Even the Panzerwerfer doesn't seem like it does much damage these days (speaking from the receiving end here...)

23 Dec 2014, 11:24 AM

A good hit by the ML-20 will knock off maybe half of the health of a panther, I like artying repairing German tanks as they don't take kindly to having repair crews and pioneers etc blown up by the falling shells.

I like to use the ML-20 in conjunction with a katyusha. (I play 4v4s mostly these days, the rest of the game is too depressing) Katy for short range blob control and the ML-20 for artying Sim cities, expected routes where the enemy will advance and tanks (because the Katyusha can't do a thing versus tanks...) ML-20 isn't particularly good at shooting at moving targets, but it prevents them bunkering down on targets.

I haven't seen the leFH for an age (nor have I used it). It used to be a year ago that I'd be getting very concerned if there was an leFH on the map, the amount of shells it threw out and the non-existant cooldown made it very dangerous to my units. These days if I see falling arty shells, I just shrug, it doesn't do enough for me to worry about. Even the Panzerwerfer doesn't seem like it does much damage these days (speaking from the receiving end here...)

True. Even a mortar is scarier.:S
23 Dec 2014, 11:35 AM

Just tested the ML20 against ai in an attrition skirmish I have to say its pretty effective at doing damage to tanks when it hits and wiping infantry, it has great range even before vet3 outranges the Priest by quite a bit.

23 Dec 2014, 13:50 PM

I miss my old reliable LeFh 18 :(
23 Dec 2014, 14:08 PM

Before the LeFH and ML-20 got nerfed, I played them 50% of the time (Good old Joint Ops Doctrine). Now the LeFH is nerfed too much to make it useful.

The ML-20 on the otherhand is still a great unit to use (90% of the time soviet shock army). Perhaps because I'm sick and tired of the call in strategy, which is a different discussion!

Please give me back my LeFH :'( we used to kill 60-70 units each per game!

I cant recall that anyone in the first placed asked for a change to the arty before they nerfed them. I can recall them being good and that you met them sometimes but not that they were gamebreaking in any sense.
23 Dec 2014, 14:14 PM

Soviet Reserve Army in 3v3 or 4v4--> 5 cons with Rapid Conscription (need working almost all time), two or three muni caches , one zis and 3 howitzers (and T4 for both SU and BM13, working well on everything) --> gg
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 91
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment