Login

russian armor

Thoughts on Assault Engineer Strat?

6 Dec 2014, 19:57 PM

Hi All,

Lately I've been trying out a new strategy, revolving around the use of assault engineers and more specifically the Demo Charge ability they are able to use. What I try to do is use the Assault engineers to plant demo charges on captured points, choke points, or buildings, which I then detonate when an enemy squad comes near to deal huge damage to the squad and most times get a squad wipe.

I have found this is really effective as the Demo Charge easily kills any enemy units in its kill radius, and if it is placed on a building it will always completely destroy the building killing any units inside.

My build order usually goes as follows:

Assault Engineer - Rifle - Rifle -Rifle - Ambulance - Captain - Stuart - Freestyle

By selecting the Armour Company Instantly, it means I can deploy an assault engineer as soon as the game starts, saving valuable seconds in getting units out alongside the Rear Echelon troops that US starts with.

Once I get enough Munis to start planting Demos I start planting them on points that I am sure the enemy will try to capture, or buildings I think I can bait the enemy into taking up position, or key pieces of cover that the enemy will try to hide behind. If done successfully, the enemy unit will come into the kill radius of the Demo Charge and I can detonate it and get a squad wipe. 90 Munis to wipe out an enemy squad seems a pretty good exchange to me :)

Let me know what you think of this strategy, try it out if you would like, and maybe if there's enough interest I will write a full guide and post it to the US Guides Section
6 Dec 2014, 20:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Yep, I do it all the time. I start with one or two extra REs and then a rifle usually though for capping power and the rifle's better fighting capabilities. Then I bring in the assault engineers since it takes quite a while to get that first 90 munitions.
7 Dec 2014, 11:19 AM

Hi All,

Lately I've been trying out a new strategy, revolving around the use of assault engineers and more specifically the Demo Charge ability they are able to use. What I try to do is use the Assault engineers to plant demo charges on captured points, choke points, or buildings, which I then detonate when an enemy squad comes near to deal huge damage to the squad and most times get a squad wipe.

I have found this is really effective as the Demo Charge easily kills any enemy units in its kill radius, and if it is placed on a building it will always completely destroy the building killing any units inside.

My build order usually goes as follows:

Assault Engineer - Rifle - Rifle -Rifle - Ambulance - Captain - Stuart - Freestyle

By selecting the Armour Company Instantly, it means I can deploy an assault engineer as soon as the game starts, saving valuable seconds in getting units out alongside the Rear Echelon troops that US starts with.

Once I get enough Munis to start planting Demos I start planting them on points that I am sure the enemy will try to capture, or buildings I think I can bait the enemy into taking up position, or key pieces of cover that the enemy will try to hide behind. If done successfully, the enemy unit will come into the kill radius of the Demo Charge and I can detonate it and get a squad wipe. 90 Munis to wipe out an enemy squad seems a pretty good exchange to me :)

Let me know what you think of this strategy, try it out if you would like, and maybe if there's enough interest I will write a full guide and post it to the US Guides Section

PLEASE make a guide!
19 Dec 2014, 22:32 PM

Sounds good, though I feel against Ostheer the M20 is almost to good to go without. Maybe that's just me though, and the strat still works for OKW which is the difficult matchup I suppose.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★