Login

russian armor

is coh to competitive yet?

2 Dec 2014, 22:41 PM

Sooo what is the status of Coh2 and leaderboards ranks etc? I refused to move from coh1 until proper ranks were displayed in game(not the playtime rank) even though ive had it since beta. I know there is a steam leaderboard now which is something but sucks that it isnt part of the game and i hate the fact that you cannot get a idea of your opponents skill in automatch until you look them up afterwards. Also would like to see win/loss ratios ingame.

Is there any word on this stuff? I havent been keeping up with patches or anything but I did jump in for one game a month or so ago and it looked as though custom matches have made it in so just wanted to know if the game is ever going to go the competitive route like the original in the future.

Has there been any polls on this? Since I last played the game it seems to be geared for casuals which in my opinion makes it completely boring and I would think will give it a fraction of the longevity of the original which I still play on a daily basis.
2 Dec 2014, 22:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

There's still no in-game leaderboard. The game is still not very well balanced. The meta is still not very diverse. The devs have not made anything other than pretty vague statements about how it will change in the future.
2 Dec 2014, 23:10 PM

Has long as RNG will have even a slight chance to decide the outcome of games Im afraid it's never gonna be competitive
2 Dec 2014, 23:40 PM
Patrion 27

Coh2 can have RNG and be competitive. The problem is the bugs, the maps, the tech trees, the commander system, the call-ins, the CP system, the armor system, too easy comebacks, shreks on tier 0 units, unusable units, pathfinding, true-sight... am I leaving anything out? :snfPeter:
2 Dec 2014, 23:50 PM

Cruzz suggestion of building tiers for call ins is brilliant. Please add.
2 Dec 2014, 23:51 PM

Coh2 can have RNG and be competitive. The problem is the bugs, the maps, the tech trees, the commander system, the call-ins, the CP system, the armor system, too easy comebacks, shreks on tier 0 units, unusable units, pathfinding, true-sight... am I leaving anything out? :snfPeter:

lol. I think you got it all.
3 Dec 2014, 00:53 AM

matchmaking sucks pudding in this game its unfriendly to new players inbalanced and to random to be competitive its no way near a sc2 or e-sports

im lvl 70 or something my mate is 45 or something getting pretige 2-3 in our matches makes no fun to play vs someone who has 1000 hrs at least more then u
3 Dec 2014, 01:08 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2014, 22:46 PMRomeo
There's still no in-game leaderboard. The game is still not very well balanced. The meta is still not very diverse. The devs have not made anything other than pretty vague statements about how it will change in the future.

On top of that:

• map balance (worst issue right now if you ask me)
  • too unreliable (grenades sometimes work, sometimes they don't)
  • performance (even worse lately than usually)
  • small playerbase (lack of advertisement, competetive events)
  • a clear goal: what does CoH2 want to be? what are the goals for the future?
  • bugs
  • extreme cases of rng (mines wiping out whole squads, sometimes just one model, abandoned vehicles)
  • DLC system (no equal opportunities for everyone. commanders / bulletins and such. Latest example: access to 10 % increased Rifle vet for Ardennes Assault)

3 Dec 2014, 01:08 AM

so long as airplanes can fall out of the sky and wipe your units... no, not even close to competitive. especially if it happens 3+ times in a row... LOL who came up with this crap?
3 Dec 2014, 01:47 AM

Hmmmm ok guys thanks for the replies I think ill stick to coh 1 for a bit longer then. I really miss the old community and seeing the responses on this its obvious most have moved onto Coh2 which I would really love to do but just cant at the moment it just dosen't give me the enjoyment/thrill that i get from the old system.

I did have a 2v2 auto a month or so ago (first game since a week after release) and cleaned up which should have been ultra satisfying but wasn't strangly
3 Dec 2014, 02:49 AM

Permanently Banned

Latest example: access to 10 % increased Rifle vet for Ardennes Assault)

Sorry for off-topic but:

A bulletin like that exists? So youre telling me that you dont necessarily get all the drops even after playing through AA twice? >.<
3 Dec 2014, 02:51 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2014, 02:49 AMI<444>3CoH

Sorry for off-topic but:

A bulletin like that exists? So youre telling me that you dont necessarily get all the drops even after playing through AA twice? >.<

I have no idea, I haven't played Ardennes Assault myself. But yeah that Bulletin exists.
3 Dec 2014, 04:01 AM

I have no idea, I haven't played Ardennes Assault myself. But yeah that Bulletin exists.

It is a war spoil drop, not an AA reward. See www.coh2.org/topic/26173/list-of-new-war-spoils
3 Dec 2014, 11:22 AM

You forgot bad optimalization, freezes, lags, crashes, unit response delays, memory leaks.
3 Dec 2014, 11:30 AM

DLC system (no equal opportunities for everyone. commanders / bulletins and such. Latest example: access to 10 % increased Rifle vet for Ardennes Assault)
If you're talking about "Live and Learn" where riflemen gain veterancy 10% faster then you don't need AA. Just got it recently without AA. :)
3 Dec 2014, 12:07 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2014, 11:30 AMsteel
If you're talking about "Live and Learn" where riflemen gain veterancy 10% faster then you don't need AA. Just got it recently without AA. :)

Alright alright I surrender! :gimpy:

But still, with some players having content to commanders that others don't have, how would you create a solid competetive basis?
3 Dec 2014, 12:19 PM

Is it true, that the amount of automatch players of coh1 and 2 are about the same?
3 Dec 2014, 12:44 PM

Alright alright I surrender! :gimpy:

But still, with some players having content to commanders that others don't have, how would you create a solid competetive basis?
Get Relic to give all commanders to everyone for free. :snfCHVGame:

Tell them the benefit of giving all for free. :snfAmi:
4 Dec 2014, 03:00 AM

On top of that:

• map balance (worst issue right now if you ask me)
  • too unreliable (grenades sometimes work, sometimes they don't)
  • performance (even worse lately than usually)
  • small playerbase (lack of advertisement, competetive events)
  • a clear goal: what does CoH2 want to be? what are the goals for the future?
  • bugs
  • extreme cases of rng (mines wiping out whole squads, sometimes just one model, abandoned vehicles)
  • DLC system (no equal opportunities for everyone. commanders / bulletins and such. Latest example: access to 10 % increased Rifle vet for Ardennes Assault)

actually mines are not RNG, if you put a mine in the same place and a squad walks over it in the same formation itll do the same damage everytime.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★