literally speechless
15 Nov 2014, 14:41 PM

Milkacow said it once again :)
15 Nov 2014, 14:44 PM

"volks can't have a AI upragde as long as cons don't have a upragde at all."

This. And Pshrecks for sturms? haha
15 Nov 2014, 15:38 PM
Donator 11

Panzershreks need long range accuracy severely nerfed which would fix a lot of problems with the volk blob and PGrens could get back their old armor values.
15 Nov 2014, 16:12 PM

I like Milkacows post. Removing panzerschreck and adding faust instead sounds like a good idea. Still, if volks are to scale to late game they need some form of upgrade, AI or AT.

Having Obers using LMG34 or Panzerschreck would serve as a good munition sink. Not sure if i like Pios with schrecks, very squishy squad to send against veichles.
15 Nov 2014, 16:32 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2014, 16:12 PMjacko
I like Milkacows post. Removing panzerschreck and adding faust instead sounds like a good idea. Still, if volks are to scale to late game they need some form of upgrade, AI or AT.

Having Obers using LMG34 or Panzerschreck would serve as a good munition sink. Not sure if i like Pios with schrecks, very squishy squad to send against veichles.

with their crazy vet stats and nade, i think they might be fine. just unlock at snare to them once first tech is teched for more versatility.
15 Nov 2014, 17:18 PM

I liked MilkaCow's suggestions. Well-written and well thought out! +1!
15 Nov 2014, 17:36 PM

Volksgrenadier improvement? They are useless now? Did I miss a patch?
15 Nov 2014, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2014, 17:36 PMcarloff
Volksgrenadier improvement? They are useless now? Did I miss a patch?

They aren't useless yet, but they would be if a lot of these "suggestions" were pushed through.

Literally not enough AT in the OKW arsenal to stop M20 or M15 or even M3 and WC-51 rushes as it is. At what point does anything think that it's even marginally okay to remove the Panzershrek from the Volksgrenadiers?

Well colour me surprised. I had no idea you'd not like Milka's suggestions, you know, you being impartial and all...

As if any of you are being any less impartial.
15 Nov 2014, 17:46 PM

This thread...
15 Nov 2014, 17:55 PM

Removing it would be OK if rak43 gets fixed, IE longer sight, faster reload, survivability buff and less required XP for vetting up.
15 Nov 2014, 18:01 PM

Im certainly for removing the Schreck from the Volks squad, and replacing it with the Faust.

Im not fine with giving Schrecks to Obers however, because they are way too expensive and come way too late to be viable as an anti tank unit. Dont forget that its 50mp to reinforce. Thats quite a lot.

I would give the Schreck to the Pios instead, although they are expensive too. But not as much. You could offset some of the disadvantages caused by the squad and reinforcement cost by reducing the price for a Schreck. I would also give them the ability to carry 2 Schrecks.
But that would man that they would overlap with Pgrens to an extent.

OKW, as of now, is very reliant on Schrecks due to Raketens being garbage most of the time.
15 Nov 2014, 18:04 PM

That suggestion of Milka sounds terrible to me. So Volksgrenadiers lose Panzerschrecks, but get nothing as a replacement? What will be their purpose in the late game? They will do little damage against infantry and also no damage to tanks.

Putting Panzerschrecks on Sturmpioniere or Obersoldaten in the described ways seems bad as well. Sturmpioniere are less survivable than Panzergrenadiere and half their veterancies will become obsolete if they cannot even repair anymore. Obersoldaten with Panzerschrecks will be a joke, you have to pay for a 400 manpower squad + reinforcement costs then to get something that Ostheer gets cheaper and it also comes rather late.
15 Nov 2014, 18:04 PM

Yeah, and Vet 5 Sturm blobs on the way.
15 Nov 2014, 18:38 PM

320 mp per squad with 40-45 reinforce per man...now 4 man squad...

Kind of hard to blob with no manpower, and thats like complaining about ye old panzerschreck panzergrenadiers - which aren't anywhere as good as they once were. For good reason.
15 Nov 2014, 18:50 PM

I'd rather see blobs of fragile, expensive 4 man squads rather than blobs incredibly durable, scheap 5 man squads.
15 Nov 2014, 19:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I like Milka's suggestions too. I think people are rejecting them a little out of hand because they're somewhat incomplete but the idea behind them is solid. Obersoldaten would need to come earlier and cheaper or sturmpioneers have their vet bonuses reworked.

These changes might be way too radical to ever be implemented though since at this point we're practically redesigning the faction.
15 Nov 2014, 19:57 PM

I agree, it would be nice if Volksgrenadiers can be upgraded with LMG's, MP44's or perhaps infrared MP44's. Right now, Volks are only good for preventing Russian and US tanks from steamrolling over your troops, so you have to rely on Obersoldatens to deal with their infantry. If Volks are provided the option of upgrading to either a Panzershrek or LMG/MP44's and maybe an infrared mp44 then that would pave the way for new strategies, and we probably won't see volks with shreks every single game.

Another option is to give the Volks new abilities that cost munitions, or you can give the Volks the option of buying both the Panzershrek, an LMG and MP44's; they have the squad number to make this possible, it's entirely up to Relic though to implement these changes
Vaz
15 Nov 2014, 19:58 PM

I don't mind the shrek on the volks. Usually I can run them over with HE shermans pretty reliably. I don't think volks need an improvement though. Volks needs to be nerfed and the shrek in general needs a long range nerf. I find volks at vet0 can hold their own quite well against all other early infantry, yet they are the cheapest and get access to grenade pretty fast. The real problem is what festive pointed out though, the veterency bonuses are over the top. By the time they are at vet5 they seem to have that bullet shield Fortune has Metal Gear Solid 2.

15 Nov 2014, 20:16 PM

So if Volks get some upgrades...does that mean Conscripts can some goodies :D

And lol at the MGS video, she's an OBERSOLDATEN!!!
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 95
Philippines 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak