Login

russian armor

Double RE builds

12 Nov 2014, 12:55 PM

Some kind of forum error. Original post went something like this:

Could someone go over the finer points of double RE builds? I know you can zook them up later to get some mobile AT but since that comes pretty late what about before then.
12 Nov 2014, 13:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I mainly get a second RE when im going airborne and want a m20. I build a fuel cache with them and dont go for a 3rd rifle since I will have paras later on.

They have terrible dps but i keep both squads together and try to cap the flank flags. This way I always win vs a lonely squad trying to stop thanks to volley fire.
Midgame i just build a fighting position and keep them in there, if you dont get zooks you dont need a 2nd re past early game really :P
Keeping 1 is good for recrewing stuff
12 Nov 2014, 13:02 PM
Benefactor 115

good on more open maps to speed up the initial capping and flank kubel better, that's pretty much it
12 Nov 2014, 21:05 PM

Double REs are useful against kubels, as accuracy is the main problem with their damage output.

Kubels having a larger target size means that REs can be effective in draining health and turning them away.

Also, stick them in fighting positions and they are awesome early game. With decent placement and a bit of protection from enemy squads getting in close, you are talking 2000% + efficiency at the end of the game.
12 Nov 2014, 21:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I go 3 REs now in 1v1s. Great for pressuring kubels and map harassment. You can upgrade their weapons later and they can repair your vehicles at super speed along with vehicle crews.
12 Nov 2014, 21:38 PM

Coolio, thanks for the responses.
12 Nov 2014, 21:40 PM

I realised that if you get 4 REs you have exactly 300mp when cooldown is cleared for Veteran Riflemen, the timing is just perfect. This is my early build order for 1on1s now and I'm having a blast :D

Nothing is more satisfying than getting 5 member RE squads with Bars.

Seriously though, REs pretty much suck since volley fire nerf.
12 Nov 2014, 23:18 PM

I normally open up with 4 rear echos followed by ambc, works well for me. REs are pretty solid inf.

I dont brother making riflemen, so I save mp for fighting holes. Careful fighting and using cover is ofcourse needed.
17 Nov 2014, 05:58 AM

Got a question. If you go double RE for map control won't you actually lose more map control because there's barely any troops that can really fight on the field to hold the territory?
Vaz
17 Nov 2014, 08:02 AM

Many axis players bring all their force around the map in a blob. So since they can't be at all positions at once, you hold on to territory. You should notice a recurring theme with that. Lone axis units are typically dead meat(with a few obvious exceptions, obers). Even the players will often huddle together and won't venture out until they have really powerful stuff. That's what's powering the meta right now. Hold on to just enough to get the bullshit out, then take it all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★