Login

russian armor

Plane crashes should deal no damage

• This thread is locked
11 Nov 2014, 15:23 PM
11 Nov 2014, 15:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Removing plane crashes is not even remotely close to making the game 100% mathematical or robotic or predetermined or whatever you want to call it. The game still has tons of randomness to increase tension.

I have won close, intense games instantly because a plane fell on my opponent's army. Not fun for me and infuriating for them. When it was just Soviets vs Ostheer plane crashes were fine because they almost NEVER happened. Now OKW tech structures shoot down five P-47s a game. It's absolutely not a rare occurrence. It happens all the time and its absurd impact on the game needs to be removed.
11 Nov 2014, 15:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Nerf P47, too stronk!

You could reduce a bit splash and direct damage, but that's it.

11 Nov 2014, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 14:39 PMmrako

Dude not each one of us is going to become an e-athlete when COH2 becomes an e-sport. I am fine with COH2's gameplay as it is. If they can only fix the performance decrease after the WF :(

It's not about esports to be honest, it's about fair and deserved wins and losses.

Do you think it's fun or a well deserved way to lose or win just because a plane crashed into you? You lost not because you got outplayed, but because the game decided that you must lose. That's just terrible.

My personal suggestion is to remove the ability for planes to crash on the map altogether. Always make them crash offmap. Reducing the planes crash damage would make planes crash into tanks/infantry and overall do nothing, which would look/feel weird.

Then again a tank can directly survive a 152mm HE shot 2 times before finally exploding, so it's not like it would be completely out of touch with the coh 2 universe.

11 Nov 2014, 15:56 PM

It does happen a lot now a days, something should be done. Would be nice if the crew of the plane had a chance to survive do.
11 Nov 2014, 20:16 PM
Donator 33

It does happen a lot now a days, something should be done. Would be nice if the crew of the plane had a chance to survive do.

Angry pilot landing on top of your obersoldaten with an parachute and killing everyone with his pistol? :megusta:
11 Nov 2014, 21:21 PM

My opinion: RNG is fine as long as there are ways that players can intelligently mediate and calculate the risks. Does my opponent have a mortar? I have to prepare for the chance that it will land a hit, but I can do things, like spacing out my infantry, to avoid it.

So issue I have with plane crashes is that they frequently punish players for shooting down a plane. That makes no god damn sense. If I have the foresight to build some AA halftracks, or an Ostwind, why should there be a random chance that those units doing their job will get me nuked? If that's going to be the case, then there should be way to tell AA units to not shoot planes. That way, getting plane nuked is still possible, but you can minimize the risk by playing better.

11 Nov 2014, 21:59 PM

I like the crashes. Maybe reduce damage and add critical chance.
13 Nov 2014, 06:44 AM

Last time I checked, the planes fly everywhere on the map.....The air support doesnt even work on some maps the least it can do is crash into something randomly...it can crash anywhere on the map and affect the allies as well....
13 Nov 2014, 06:52 AM
Patrion 27

This is just stupid, we nearly lost a game because the enemy P47 crashed into our King tiger and destroyed it. It would be bad enough if this would just happen once in a lifetime but a little bit later another P47 crashed into a King Tiger and left it seriously damaged behind. Lucky for us we could get it back into our base,if we had lost it because of that, we would have certainly lost the game because of a stupid rng mechanic.

The damage from the P47 is bad enough alone but with this random crashing it can change a game. So i think that the damage shoudl either be completely removed or lowered so far that it can just kill infantry

Didn't watch but I must point out and laugh at "our first King Tiger got killed and our 2ND KING TIGER struggled." Poor OKW :megusta:

I do agree that crashing overflights are WAY too strong and feel magnetized to units and vehicles.

I feel like the relationship between AA and flights could gain some depth. If overflights had 3 levels of veterancy that filled up with each callin where each level gave them a bit more health, armor, flight time or a mix of all three. Then AA units can get more veterancy when they shoot down vetted planes. I figure pintel mounted mg's would have to get nerfed against planes a bit though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★