Login

russian armor

Vaux Farmland 2v2

Vaz
9 Nov 2014, 07:26 AM

Any tips on this map? My partner and I are struggling against the Axis defense here. Not the usually defense, this map seems to invoke EXTRA defensive playstyles with lots of bunkers and mg's. We are double USA too, so while some mortars could help, they (indirect fire) aren't coming any time soon.
9 Nov 2014, 07:53 AM
Donator 11

get an isu or two with p47s...gg

ps. on any map ;)
Vaz
9 Nov 2014, 10:36 AM

p47's are not helping lately. They are getting shot down by okw flak truck after the first pass. Most players worth their weight seem to have learned to avoid the rockets quite well, also.
9 Nov 2014, 12:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

both players get captain, both get 1 pack howie, then one goes armor doc and spams m10s and the other player gets priests. Don't loose units and try to lure axis tanks to come alone to a part of the map where you take it down with fast moving m10s. Use stuarts to stun enemy vehicles. Arty plus smart unit positioning on this map is the key i feel.
9 Nov 2014, 13:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 12:41 PMSpanky
both players get captain, both get 1 pack howie, then one goes armor doc and spams m10s and the other player gets priests. Don't loose units and try to lure axis tanks to come alone to a part of the map where you take it down with fast moving m10s. Use stuarts to stun enemy vehicles. Arty plus smart unit positioning on this map is the key i feel.

Do you have a replay of that? Ive never seen m10s used effectively apart from 1v1
9 Nov 2014, 14:55 PM

Permanently Banned
get an isu or two with p47s...gg

ps. on any map ;)

ISU can be flanked very easily on this map, in my experience. Better off with an IS-2 or some T3485s, IMO. Same applies to Jagdtiger.

For this reason, among many others, such as it being very pretty and visually well designed, I'd say it's the best 2v2 map, and quite possibly the best map in the game.
9 Nov 2014, 17:25 PM
Patrion 15

This requires insane micro skills because M10 are so weak you have to babysit them all the time. Do you have any Replay?
9 Nov 2014, 20:26 PM

This requires insane micro skills because M10 are so weak you have to babysit them all the time. Do you have any Replay?

i have watched him spank around with his M10s even nibbling on Tigers.
9 Nov 2014, 22:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 07:26 AMVaz
Any tips on this map? My partner and I are struggling against the Axis defense here. Not the usually defense, this map seems to invoke EXTRA defensive playstyles with lots of bunkers and mg's. We are double USA too, so while some mortars could help, they (indirect fire) aren't coming any time soon.

The map is enough large to flank, this is weird because it is one of my favorite when i play 2vs2 random USF or Soviet.

My tactic is to flank... from the middle :D

Explanation:
At the very beginning, Axis players always rush fuel points or Muni with their Kubel/MG/whatever.
I'm passing between them in the large open area on top.
To have a effective flank, I always try to wait to have 3 rifle squads on the zone. When I'm in place:
-1 Cut the fuel territory by capping top with a rifle squad
-2 Move to flank the munition point mid from right and top. Having an early grenade is always a +.

If I have a good success, I cap his munition point and finish to cap the fuel top. After that, I guess it always depends of the commanders/reaction etc... But it put you in a good position for the rest of the game.

NB, 80% of the time, because you're not pressing top, the smart Axis player mines the area, so don't rush too fast to cap there with your rifles.
Vaz
10 Nov 2014, 01:15 AM

I guess the early game isn't a problem. Many times we get majority map control, but are still beat by Axis to tanks. I like that armor/infantry combo.
10 Nov 2014, 07:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 01:15 AMVaz
I guess the early game isn't a problem. Many times we get majority map control, but are still beat by Axis to tanks. I like that armor/infantry combo.

Same here we pushed them all the way back to there base going as double us with him going captain and Stuart and me going Lt and aaht we had all the map then came there combined arms push 2 AT guns HMGs moratrs and lmg grenadiers with halftrack we couldn't hold it back this map is too open. I'm not sure wat we could do. Combined arms is hard to beat in this open map
10 Nov 2014, 07:34 AM

By faction design you have upper hand early game with rifle spam.

Then one go infantry company and the other airborne.

Use priests to constantly bombard their buildings, P47 in case of lot of armor and just spam infantry all over the map.

Don't forget to lay some mines be it with M20 or riflemen
Vaz
10 Nov 2014, 10:10 AM

The riflemen mines don't do crap, I wish they would get buffed to have a common effect. I suppose there is no avoiding preists. The p47 does awesome once the AA building is gone, but there are just enough houses and shot blockers to make it really hard to blow that thing up.
10 Nov 2014, 11:25 AM

Usually I don't really camp at their base entrance, but on field edges around the middle where I can get some good cover.
But you probably do it as well.

There is 2 ways to defend a counter attack.
1 - You build a strait line of defense and you hold.
2 - You go for profundity , you let your foe deploys his units and attack your line and you flank him.
The second way is more USF style. I'm not sure if bombarding his buildings in the fog is a good strat, it is better to wait for his counter attack and release the kraken on it with all you have. So you get a better chance to wipe his squads.

What is important is reco, The major reco plane is capital to know what you're going to fight. If you're playing a commander with better reco stuff, use it often.

Last, if you intent to base rape him with priests, use reco to know where to shot.
Vaz
10 Nov 2014, 13:05 PM

I hate the major a lot, but I'll give it a try
10 Nov 2014, 14:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

This might be the worst advice for vaux farmlands that I have ever seen :lolol:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS