Login

russian armor

JU-87 Strafe shredding tanks.

PAGES (8)down
9 Nov 2014, 19:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

ITT: we can see the good ol ISU/EleJT syndrome. Because X ally unit is OP, it's fine that axis Y counterpart unit should remain OP aswell.
9 Nov 2014, 19:20 PM

Thats completely incorrect

All air abilities have an area of effect

Recon will show a visible green circle

Attack runs will show a Red cirle

If tanks are out of red cirle. Even if the p47 spots them. it WONT fire.

Edit: there is also a way to trick the plane. If u see the direction the plane is attacking from. u can face ur tank twards the p47. revers while blitzing. then sharply turn. More rockets will miss. This only works if one p47 has been shot down. If the planes attack from both sides. then ur out of luck.

oh please queen, i know EXACTLY how the p47 works.
OP was referring to how you can reverse while the p47 is shooting you so that the rockets hit the ground instead of a stationary target.
also the p47 actually WILL chase targets, even outside of the AoE (for one pass) as long as the vehicle was inside the AoE when the p47s attack run started.
9 Nov 2014, 19:22 PM

Just want to put it out there... But if Axis unit A costs about the same and inflicts about the same damage as Allied Unit A.... Is that not something magical called BALANCE!?

About to jump on a 9 hour flight... I think many replies will be waiting for me when I reconnect on the other end...
9 Nov 2014, 20:16 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

About to jump on a 9 hour flight... I think many replies will be waiting for me when I reconnect on the other end...

9 hours seems to be an eternity on this thread, sadly....I would not be so sure

A fellow Mod has had to invis another 2 posts..... this thread literally hangs in the balance...

Back to topic
9 Nov 2014, 20:21 PM

Hi PwnageMachine,i would like to hear your comments on the p47 rocket strike as well. thanks!
9 Nov 2014, 20:28 PM

This thread (and it's invised posts...)
9 Nov 2014, 20:40 PM
Donator 33

9 hours seems to be an eternity on this thread, sadly....I would not be so sure

A fellow Mod has had to invis another 2 posts..... this thread literally hangs in the balance...

Back to topic

Bloodnok drops Star Wars references like a boss.
9 Nov 2014, 22:33 PM

I find that it is usually better, if you're in the circle, to go toward the strafing rather than ryin to outrun it, because it will most likely catch up to you, and deal ddiionnal damage, since you will remain in the fighters's sight while trying to avoid him.
Kind of like what happens if someones aim a stuka to wipe outretreating units.

but as said, AA option are quite limited for allies, except maybe with shermans for USF.
OKW get many AA emplacement by default, ostheer get mgs on almost every tank, +222

on the other hand, you gotta keep in mind allied armor is squishier and doesn't have blitz
10 Nov 2014, 02:34 AM

The P-47s have 2 planes and JU-87 has only 1.

So build AA units and you will find what difference the 2 abilities have.The JU-87 will soon be killed and the P-47 will last long time.

The P-47 rockets attack is the most usefull off-map ability. It always help the tank battle. Too OP for wiping out axis heavies in 5 seconds.
10 Nov 2014, 03:33 AM

If you build T3 as soviet, their is a good chance your going to lose. If you build a half-track as soviets, your wasting resources, and are probably going to lose.

And lets say you do manage to finally get out a half-track that can survive the Germans superior at infantry, guns and tanks, its probably not going to shoot down an anti tank plane, faster then the anti tank plane will shoot it down.
10 Nov 2014, 03:47 AM

If you build T3 as soviet, their is a good chance your going to lose. If you build a half-track as soviets, your wasting resources, and are probably going to lose.

And lets say you do manage to finally get out a half-track that can survive the Germans superior at infantry, guns and tanks, its probably not going to shoot down an anti tank plane, faster then the anti tank plane will shoot it down.

u dont leave AA units in the frontline, you leave it in the rear. theres really no reason for it to get destroyed.
10 Nov 2014, 03:50 AM
Patrion 28

t3 for flaktrack with con repair blob and 34/85s works ok. lot of field presence.
10 Nov 2014, 04:32 AM

Next, can we have an Enola Gay run that nukes the map? It'll be balanced; you just need to reverse your tanks into a specific corner of the map and have 4 FlaKvierlings set up at least 3.445 minutes ahead of the bomb run, and you have a 44.492451% chance to down the bomber before it can release its payload!

Skillplanez are retarded in all regards. In a realism mod/realistic setting, they would probably be less infuriating (see: strafing attacks in reality were highly inaccurate), but in CoH2, its just a damn silly "click button -> click map to deny tanks/infantry/tanks+infantry in an 80 meter radius because reasons" huefest.
10 Nov 2014, 04:55 AM
Patrion 14

i think 270/30 is not too much for forward reinforcing. and for 90mu or 120mu, i havent used it in a while, you get long range decent ai power and good aa power.
10 Nov 2014, 05:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 04:55 AMpigsoup

i think 270/30 is not too much for forward reinforcing. and for 90mu or 120mu, i havent used it in a while, you get long range decent ai power and good aa power.

M5 quadmount is not bad at all, but we are still implying that the Soviet player goes T3.

Many Soviet players dont bother teching T3 or T4 at all, and if you go T4, then you dont have access to T3 AA.

I removed the m5 in a mod of mine for genuine Soviet gameplay, and i realized how stupidly minimum of AA soviets had when the AI spammed loitering planes.

Then i realized how stupid it is that Soviet AA capability in CoH2 is represented by a lend-lease American quadmount halftrack. However did the Soviets survive the Luftwaffe? :S
10 Nov 2014, 05:43 AM

Yeah they buffed the hell out of it last patch. And now we have this, since Relic don't know how to or don't bother to actually play test their changes.

Um, what? You think Incendiary Barrage is game breaking? You do realise that when you see that Red Smoke you can just walk out of it... like every other off-map arty ever except for strafing runs which do have smoke but have a massive radius that can't be dodged. If you're having problems with off maps abilities that are completely dodgeable then I think it says something about your skill level and how valid your opinion is on balance.

Also Incendiary does not instantly shred 80% off any tank (apart from IS2), nor does it instantly 80% infantry. It only works at forcing MG's and AT guns to make up before a big push, or area deny.

Insta-wipe IL2 of the past was OP and game breaking with no chance for counterplay... that's why it was nerfed. That's how balance works.

incendy isn't breaking, but it can be dropped just behind AT guns and they can't get back fast enough to not be burned to death and if you move forward well you are going to die that way too and give your enemy a Pak gun.

great off map arty isn't a bad thing but on shock rifle commander, it comes with beastly infantry call in, great AI tank (KV8) and the IS-2 super heavy...pretty much no holes in that commander...most commanders only have 2 of those things not all 3 (great tanks, great off map, great inf)
10 Nov 2014, 05:50 AM

Looks just as broken and overpowered as P-47. But does the Axis really need something of that calibre to go with its already strong Late Game tanks?

it does if it comes in a doctrine with no call in tanks.
10 Nov 2014, 05:51 AM

it does if it comes in a doctrine with no call in tanks.

Then all commanders with no call in tanks should have an OP ability. :S
10 Nov 2014, 06:00 AM

Then all commanders with no call in tanks should have an OP ability. :S

it should be taken into account, for instance the elefant is hardly OP on its own as a call in but if you were to put it in a doc with tiger call ins and storm trooper call in well that would be OP becuase of such a great array of elite units you can call in.

Or SU having T34/85 callin with IS-2 and KV8 and shocks and guards all in one commander.

Point number 2, why do you think SU and Wehr for instance barely use any commanders with no heavy tanks...because the other abilities aren't enough to compensate for the opportunity cost (a little econ term :)) of passing up Tigers/Elefants.

Bottom line, entire commander array of abilites has to be considered as well as base army in deciding if ability is OP or not. Its why I don't think P47 is OP because USA needs to have a doctrine that greatly boosts AT capabilities as that is the core weakness of their base army...but thankfully for them the commander comes with great AB infantry call ins.
10 Nov 2014, 06:15 AM

it should be taken into account, for instance the elefant is hardly OP on its own as a call in but if you were to put it in a doc with tiger call ins and storm trooper call in well that would be OP becuase of such a great array of elite units you can call in.

Or SU having T34/85 callin with IS-2 and KV8 and shocks and guards all in one commander.

Point number 2, why do you think SU and Wehr for instance barely use any commanders with no heavy tanks...because the other abilities aren't enough to compensate for the opportunity cost (a little econ term :)) of passing up Tigers/Elefants.

Bottom line, entire commander array of abilites has to be considered as well as base army in deciding if ability is OP or not. Its why I don't think P47 is OP because USA needs to have a doctrine that greatly boosts AT capabilities as that is the core weakness of their base army...but thankfully for them the commander comes with great AB infantry call ins.

Ah, good. I was contradicting that lone statement, so im happy to see real support.

I was thinking about those completely useless Ostheer and SU commanders made in early CoH2 time which we all know and make fun of.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 118
unknown 3
Germany 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L