Login

russian armor

Wild Soviet restructure idea

2 Nov 2014, 17:06 PM
Patrion 27

Now that Soviet tier one has the same cost as tier two, which I think is fine, I had an idea to make a more well-rounded teching structure. A few of the Kappatch changes are included in this proposal.

Soviets are meant to be forced into picking between tier 1/2 and tier 3/4 and rely more on doctrinal units than any other faction so I propose a couple of unit swaps to promote more "in-tier interdependence" in-tier-dependence (kill me.)

-Swap mortar and penals

-Swap T70 and SU76

-Allow all snipers to garrison transport vehicles but disable their firing while inside.

-(from Kappatch) Remove Soviet sniper sprint and improve the flare ability.

-(from Kappatch) Building tier three or four reduces the cost of the other one to 120/60. Let's do the same thing with tiers 1/2.

Tier one becomes the recon tier while tier two becomes the "flanking" tier. Sniper can be displaced using the M3 scout car and the mortar benefits from the spotting of both sniper and M3.

Penals can effectively flank units that are suppressed by the Maxim and allow both tiers 1 & 2 to have an infantry unit.

SU76 overlaps too much with Su85 and Katyusha and T70 will give tier four a turreted vehicle that can scout for both of them and also capture territory at vet 1.

I think this will also grant more flexibility and benefits from using call-in 120mm mortars, dshk machine guns and call in infantry.

What are your thoughts?
3 Nov 2014, 02:47 AM
Patrion 27

There was a flurry of posts after I initially posted this earlier today so here's a bump.
3 Nov 2014, 03:27 AM

I like it, clean and simple. I would complain about seeing this put into a beta to test out...

It's a shame Relic is too full of pride to at least consider changing Soviet tiers...
11 Nov 2014, 17:26 PM

Sounds Pretty fucking good to me.

I think the Kv-1 should have it's own t5 building. So it costs a large amount not only to buy, but also just to get to. But is in there army in a un doctrinal fashion . Could be sweet. And why the hell don't they have a not doc heavy tank. It would be a good fit I think.

It was one of the first of its kind. You can over charge for it, 225 fuel or something, plus the building. And its just mildly awesome.
11 Nov 2014, 19:50 PM

Only one thing is needed - free molotovs and atnades to cons. This would save 250mp+50fuel.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★