Login

russian armor

29 Oct Patch Bugs

30 Oct 2014, 09:42 AM

OMG OMG OMG how cna they Always mess the things up like that? Always Always Always....
30 Oct 2014, 09:43 AM

so nades and arty including zis are fu cked?
30 Oct 2014, 09:58 AM

I believe they've been hotfixed.
30 Oct 2014, 10:01 AM
Patrion 14

They seem to have been. Haven't seen a single bug the last hour anyway.
30 Oct 2014, 10:36 AM

epic... ppl still report the bugs that have been fixed 6 hours later... dont you read the threads you post in?
30 Oct 2014, 10:39 AM

did they fix with mini patch those stuff?
30 Oct 2014, 10:39 AM

I have a problem with downloading the patch pulls me up to 76% and stops downloading and during this time there is a virus, what do I do :(
30 Oct 2014, 10:42 AM

stop antivirus till download is finished
30 Oct 2014, 10:52 AM

as I have already finished downloading to the end of the game I wanted to turn it over again starts downloading the patch this time 1.4 GB
30 Oct 2014, 11:03 AM

We've just pushed an update, details can be found here: http://bit.ly/13gFG3q

Shout out to the team that worked hard to get this out! Sorry for the frustration, folks.

Gremlins. <shakes fist>

Good work by the team to fix these issues, but again it seems something Internally at Relic has gone wrong or that the Internal test/patching process is not what it should be. It isn't the first time ninja changes or features have come to Live that were not ment to. The fact new maps got added that should not of been and a feature connected to War spoils was put it and then also removed shows something is not right.

Relic are a great company and I love your work, but please, work to improve your internal testing and patching process, you want this game to become an E-sport and have a partnership with ESL, you cannot be posting sloppy patches during a tournament season/run that could effect the outcome of games - such as grenade bugs/Barrages not firing or you will lose competitors and interest.

I know the "ground staff" as I'd call it want to communicate with us and tell us about all the changes and features coming but the Higher ups won't allow it, which is why it really pains me to see pudding like this happen.

It just seems that there is a Beta patch, and Open Beta patch and then the internal patch, then these all get smushed together and pushed to Live. If a change is made to a version that is going to be pushed to live, have that Coder/Developer/designer make a note of it - as stated earlier I'm pretty sure alarm bells were ringing when the new maps and "XP Unlocked" War spoils went live that is my guess as to why the servers were down so long, also I bet some guys had to pull overtime/work extremely hard to get that hotfix out to fix a mistake that should not of happened in the first place. So please, just work on that internal patching process and get it streamlined out!

Mods: This is not bashing Relic, they are a great studio but for some reason things keep going wrong, ofc things can and will go wrong but it seems almost every patch brings new bugs or something works its way in to the patch that isn't ment to be released yet, even when they make great improvements like they have lately, the access to Mod tools and an observer mode is great, as are some of the game play changes they are bringing :)
30 Oct 2014, 11:12 AM
Senior Editor Badge

30 Oct 2014, 11:13 AM
Patrion 14

The "umlaut" a,ö,ü are not shown correctly in the nickname anymore. It just displays that "block".
30 Oct 2014, 11:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 11:12 AMnigo
what new maps ????

There were 7 winter maps added to the automatch, wanted to test them in custom but they are linked to ardennes assault and since I don't have that I couldn't
Didn't download the hotfix yet so when I'm home I can extract the maps I guess :)
30 Oct 2014, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 11:12 AMnigo
what new maps ????

there seems to be 2 new maps from AA
30 Oct 2014, 11:21 AM
Senior Editor Badge

There were 7 winter maps added to the automatch, wanted to test them in custom but they are linked to ardennes assault and since I don't have that I couldn't
Didn't download the hotfix yet so when I'm home I can extract the maps I guess :)

Multiplayer content for AA confirmed ??? :P
30 Oct 2014, 11:24 AM

there seems to be 2 new maps from AA

They were already in the game for a while.
30 Oct 2014, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 11:24 AMMoBo111

They were already in the game for a while.

I think they are referring to new maps that were there for a bit, I saw a Lienne Forest Winter, a Ersch Erc... Something, quite a few. Played an AI on Lienne Forest Winter, it was a nice looking map.
30 Oct 2014, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 11:29 AMSeeker

I think they are referring to new maps that were there for a bit, I saw a Lienne Forest Winter, a Ersch Erc... Something, quite a few. Played an AI on Lienne Forest Winter, it was a nice looking map.

Yeah i saw them too, hope they will find their way back into the game.
30 Oct 2014, 12:30 PM

I know the "ground staff" as I'd call it want to communicate with us and tell us about all the changes and features coming but the Higher ups won't allow it, which is why it really pains me to see pudding like this happen.

So Relic is ruled by a teamup of Mr Burns, Lex Luthor, Lucifer and Kim Jong-Un? :P I have the hope that is not the case but that even the ones doing the decisions are committed to the games.

Any company wants to be upfront with their consumers and the frustration we are experiencing isn't because Relic is ruled by some evil thing feeds of the rage from consumers. Rather buisness nececities force you to do choices that can put you on a collision course with the consumers. Im just hoping that the choices made are the right ones.
Maybe the alternative was a shitload worse, like cutting staff, stopping development or reducing the work on patches.

Furthermore I do agree with you, something did go wrong with the patch and it is sad to see that happen. Probably just an innocent mistake but it is bad practice not to test the package fully before sending it out. Also ninja changes. WTF note your work dudes!
30 Oct 2014, 12:53 PM
Patrion 14

http://i.imgur.com/Ls84931.jpg

Captured Maxim with the arc of the .50 cal.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★