Login

russian armor

ISU-152 Overnerfed

PAGES (10)down
26 Oct 2014, 17:57 PM

Good riddance, it's about time they nerf that one shotting monster!

*wipes 3 retreating squads and an AT gun with one Stuka barrage*
26 Oct 2014, 17:59 PM

I just say that is the ISU-152 is tone down like that, something must be done to improve soviets else they will be as «good» as the US...meaning a lot less allies in automatch in 3vs3 and 4vs4 matches... that all.

thanks
26 Oct 2014, 18:00 PM

Well, it deserved the nerf but fixing the soviet army must come soon
26 Oct 2014, 19:02 PM

I prefer powerful units like ISU to require more skill to use.
For me this is a welcome change.
Same goes for Jagdtiger as this unit will be changed accordingly if I am not mistaken.
26 Oct 2014, 19:53 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2014, 15:35 PMJohnnyB
Whoever thinks ISU and Jagd are overnerfed was greatly taking advantage of these abuse machines before. L2 micro.

Amen
26 Oct 2014, 20:26 PM

If the hat fit you...

I am not going to get into a big flame war here because its pointless, but I think the pressure to read every comment falls squarely in your field since you opened the discussion. In addition, if I did miss something I apologize I was trying to address your comments directly but you did not address mine. Finally, you never even attempted to tone down your belittling comments talking about those who disagreed with you as if they were too stupid to understand. I just don't think you have any room to even attempt to point the finger at this point.

ISU 152 was broken, you didn't think so fine, but many people did. Relic hasn't even said this is going to be the final change, they actually did this to get feedback.
26 Oct 2014, 23:46 PM

Your comment was already addressed in my comment above yours. Before you call out "axis fan clubs" you should read everyone's comments. Dismissing all counter arguments as axis favored is foolish. Clearly the unit was broken, may still be, but we are trying to find a solution to it short of removing it from the game.

The long term health of COH2 demands all players seek to make the game balanced not give one uber unit to a side until the other side is weaker.

QFT. The design where the ISU countered the entire Axis armies until the Jagdtiger stomped it was awful. Heaven forbid you are playing as Ostheer and have no way to efficiently counter it.

Whenever the rest of the Soviet arsenal is OK is another debate. But it's definitely not an excuse to let the faction have a silly OP unit at all.

Also, sorry to say it, but team games will always be extremely hard to balance, and 4v4 has never been even remotely balanced in any RTS in history.
27 Oct 2014, 02:33 AM

Ok, maybe I've been too harsh. But some selfish comments did make me angry.

I will say it again :

The ISU-152 had not made the soviet faction the best faction. Those who win the most in 4vs4 are the Axis.
The sole reason you see ISU-152 often on the field is not because this is the i win unit, it's only because the soviets lack of equivalent alternatives. We had to use the ISU or else we didn't have any real chance to win versus any good Axis players.

If they buff the Su-85 a bit, you should see a lot less ISUs.

Even if Relic would remove the Jagdtiger completely the axis would still probably be the top dog.

I really care about COH2, i just want our preferred game mode (4vs4) to be enough balanced to be fun.

We all already agree that the US is underpowered in 4vs4, so it not by nerfing the best chance the allies have to win that they will make the 4vs4 fun again. (Remember that the Axis still win most of the matchs, even will the unerfed ISU...)

Nearly every thing in the beta is an improvement but the ISU nerf. If Relic show us another beta that contain elements that help to make the 4vs4 enough balanced to be fun, then we could analyse if the ISU nerf is still needed.

I hope now that i'd improved the way i expressed my point of view.

Thanks. :)

27 Oct 2014, 02:54 AM

May I give you a piece of advice? Start playing some 1s and 2s, and most importantly, play all factions. It will quickly revise your opinions on balance, you would not have been the first one. ;)
27 Oct 2014, 03:01 AM

One less ridiculous Soviet unit means the Soviet faction is one step closer in its revision. Im happy that the ISU is no longer as dominating as it was before. It required no skill and micro whatsoever to roll over the enemy, and... Im happy that it isnt an obvious choice in every match. Makes me use Counterattack tactics, Lend Lease, and the IS-2 more (still relying on callins, though :( )

It made winning feel fake. And it was super annoying to face off as Axis...
27 Oct 2014, 03:09 AM

May I give you a piece of advice? Start playing some 1s and 2s, and most importantly, play all factions. It will quickly revise your opinions on balance, you would not have been the first one. ;)

Thanks for the advice, but i play with my pals and we play mostly 4vs4, alone there is others games i play. (Path of exile, Divinity sin, mechWarrior and more)

I like the intensity of the 4vs4. I've played the Axis some time, was so easy thats it's boring. I play 4vs4 since beta vcoh... Maybe we can play Axis when there is more challenge playing it. I bought the game for 4vs4, as i did for Vcoh. Vcoh was balanced enough in 4vs4 to be fun, why not COh2 ? The best was COHO 4vs4 it was a blast.

Thanks !
27 Oct 2014, 03:37 AM

One less ridiculous Soviet unit means the Soviet faction is one step closer in its revision. Im happy that the ISU is no longer as dominating as it was before. It required no skill and micro whatsoever to roll over the enemy, and... Im happy that it isnt an obvious choice in every match. Makes me use Counterattack tactics, Lend Lease, and the IS-2 more (still relying on callins, though :( )

It made winning feel fake. And it was super annoying to face off as Axis...

Good lets nerf Shocks, SNipers, Cons, IS2 then. We need ot make SOviets as shitty as possible so they can get a revision!!!
27 Oct 2014, 13:14 PM

In previous versions such super heavy long ranged units like Elefant, Jagdtiger and ISU were almost standard units for the huge impact on the game they had. The range nerf was a great first step, but they were still extremely strong.

I think this change is great and I'd really urge people to try it for some weeks before posting on the forums. The ISU should be a unit that you sometimes see, not one you see in every game. Considering it takes up almost 1/4 of your armies popcap it required close to no micro in the previous iteration. This is now changed and the requirements are somewhat in line with the value and cost of the unit. Same of course for the Jagdtiger.

It might need some changes to the rotation speed / firing animation etc, that's all possible. Yet in order to figure that out, this change needs to be tested first and directly shouting "UNDO!" does not help. I'd rather have such interesting changes to the mechanics of a unit, that really make them stand out than probably just nerfing it's raw power. If a unit is strong, but only if well microed then this adds a chance for the player to show his skills.

Far too much logic and reason in this post for it to belong in the CoH2 Balance Forum.
27 Oct 2014, 13:45 PM
27 Oct 2014, 14:38 PM

It would be an interesting change if they cut the range to 60 or 65 and increased its damage to AT. Additionally, they should remove the focused sight ability. This would make it a true assault vehicle where you need to get up fairly close to the enemy. It would be a high-risk high-reward type of unit.

What do you guys think?
27 Oct 2014, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2014, 14:38 PMNinjaWJ
It would be an interesting change if they cut the range to 60 or 65 and increased its damage to AT. Additionally, they should remove the focused sight ability. This would make it a true assault vehicle where you need to get up fairly close to the enemy. It would be a high-risk high-reward type of unit.

What do you guys think?

think get new fire shoot if this unit have arty gun/isu cant move and can fire like soviet arty ML.20
27 Oct 2014, 15:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2014, 15:00 PMfaus515

think get new fire shoot if this unit have arty gun/isu cant move and can fire like soviet arty ML.20

I think it should still be stationary when it fires.
27 Oct 2014, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2014, 15:02 PMNinjaWJ

I think it should still be stationary when it fires.

its be nice for germans blobs and if soviet havent ml-20 commanders in team. now its only way to kill so many shreks spam blobs covering by pupphens and strong german armom tanks units

or b-4 shoot abulity for isu-152
27 Oct 2014, 15:23 PM

as it is in beta it is usless. the best unit of soviet army is gone forever
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak