Login

russian armor

COH2 Volks & Grens, are so trashy in first 6 mins

14 Oct 2014, 16:14 PM

On the priority list of problems, I would rank this pretty low. I'd rather Relic focus on Romeo's list of game-breaking bugs, call-in meta, etc.

14 Oct 2014, 16:16 PM

Permanently Banned
14 Oct 2014, 16:19 PM

Permanently Banned
So we're just now figuring out than Inf-spam meta is a problem? :snfCHVGame:
14 Oct 2014, 16:41 PM

Riflemen in vCoH were strong against vCoH volks, and with vet, against grens. With BARs and vet, they surpassed vetted grens.

This dynamic was very interesting. It was also rigid. Wehrmacht vet in vCoH was like that.

In CoH2, all factions get vet the same way (including losing squad members) and they gain an array of gimmicky abilities. Gauging when and how a unit 'scales' is completely up to the course of the game (i.e. RNG/skills). In a manner of speaking, CoH2 is like Opposing Fronts 2, with gameplay being far more reminiscent of the Panzer Elite and British than either of the original factions.

Even Soviets v Ostheer feels more like the Ami v PE slugfests than anything.

Volks and Rifles in COH1 doesnt have Rifles (MUST) > Volks problems, who position their troops and micro them well, who win.

But COH2 is designed that Rifles MUST WIN engagement (Gren/Volks) in first 6 mins, unless you have MG stopping them, which is stupid.
14 Oct 2014, 17:42 PM

hahaha I guess the way to play grens is to spam a-move them
14 Oct 2014, 18:38 PM

I really enjoy the fact its a bear gif. 10/10 Salmons to VonIvan.
14 Oct 2014, 19:35 PM

It was unexpected. I laughed my ass off
14 Oct 2014, 20:25 PM

all the infantry when properly used are pretty strong to be honest. even conscripts are pretty good i think since you can make a lot of them, they only cost 1 pop per model, and they have oorah which makes flanking incredibly easy. in the mid game you can actually kill most light vehicles with 2-4 at grenades, and since soviets dont have that many munition sinks its easy to have a lot of munitions during that time.
i find theyre only really effective in large numbers however, since they can all oorah to flank from multiple angles, deny massive areas of cover using molotovs, and do massive at grenade assaults. its actually really micro intensive but at the same time very fun to watch hordes of conscripts swarm enemy positions.
14 Oct 2014, 20:48 PM

all the infantry when properly used are pretty strong to be honest. even conscripts are pretty good i think since you can make a lot of them, they only cost 1 pop per model, and they have oorah which makes flanking incredibly easy. in the mid game you can actually kill most light vehicles with 2-4 at grenades, and since soviets dont have that many munition sinks its easy to have a lot of munitions during that time.
i find theyre only really effective in large numbers however, since they can all oorah to flank from multiple angles, deny massive areas of cover using molotovs, and do massive at grenade assaults. its actually really micro intensive but at the same time very fun to watch hordes of conscripts swarm enemy positions.

like you said, it is very micro-intensive. Theoretically, it can be very potent, but im not sure anyone has that micro to pull it off, maybe Jesulin.

14 Oct 2014, 20:55 PM

Volks lack punch, but it's compensated by durability, shrecks, grenade, and crazy veterancy, and it's not like OKW has a bad ealry game anyway.

Grens are bad, however, is a silly statement. Even without LMG they perform well enough, with LMGs they rape anything that's not Shocks, Guards or Paras. They get riflenades which is crazy good against US, and free fausts which, while not as good as conscript AT nade, is better than Rifle AT nade.

My usual Ost BO is 3x gren 1x MG42, and it works plenty well. If shit closes in towards your grens to much, use the MG42, or even get the pioneers close. You'd be surprised how much DPS pios can pump out.
14 Oct 2014, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 20:48 PMNinjaWJ

like you said, it is very micro-intensive. Theoretically, it can be very potent, but im not sure anyone has that micro to pull it off, maybe Jesulin.

So you basically say that everyone besides Jesulin is unable to posess proper Script micro.

Nope.
14 Oct 2014, 20:57 PM

its micro intensive relative to what most players do currently i should say. its actually not all that difficult once you learn the technique, but obviously for people that are not used to using control groups or having fast fingers its difficult
14 Oct 2014, 21:05 PM

Is it a joke? It's a good one. hahahaha.
14 Oct 2014, 21:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 16:41 PMPorygon

Volks and Rifles in COH1 doesnt have Rifles (MUST) > Volks problems, who position their troops and micro them well, who win.

But COH2 is designed that Rifles MUST WIN engagement (Gren/Volks) in first 6 mins, unless you have MG stopping them, which is stupid.

Considering rifles cost 40 more mp than these units and that you cannot build anything else early game as US, your only unit kinda needs to be a good one. Grens can get HMG and sniper support (hell even pios have OK DPS compared to useless REs), OKW has Sturms and lolkubel. Axis factions can actually get combined arms early game, why not use them?

Also, as I remember it in CoH1, Volks lost all but long-range engagements against rifles. Once rifle got BARs, Volks pretty much had to run for their lives and let the grenadiers take their place. But in CoH2, Grens even the odds, and then some, when they grab their LMGs, and Volks can get grenades, crazy vet, and be assisted by a bevy of elite infantry that turns rifle into paste.
14 Oct 2014, 21:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 20:48 PMNinjaWJ

Actually I can do this, and I was able to basically kill everyone with this type of strategy, however I do not do it anymore because A. Gets boring after a while(sorta) and B. OMGPOP used OP MG34s against me(back when they were deadly good) :foreveralone:
I mean I could do this again and gain a shit ton of wins(but I enjoy using more intimate troll strats).....though....might as well throw it into the mix from time to time, since it's so damn effective(especially since MG34 got nerfed).:megusta:
14 Oct 2014, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 21:08 PMVonIvan

Actually I can do this, and I was able to basically kill everyone with this type of strategy, however I do not do it anymore because A. Gets boring after a while(sorta) and B. OMGPOP used OP MG34s against me(back when they were deadly good) :foreveralone:
I mean I could do this again and gain a shit ton of wins(but I enjoy using more intimate troll strats).....though....might as well throw it into the mix from time to time, since it's so damn effective(especially since MG34 got nerfed).:megusta:

ive been using it in some 2v2s and its actually so strong like...why do more people not use this.
14 Oct 2014, 21:14 PM

So you basically say that everyone besides Jesulin is unable to posess proper Script micro.

Nope.

No I am saying Jesulin could probably make the strategy shine the brightest because he has amazing micro and fast fingers.

Im not saying he is the ONLY player on earth who could pull it off, but im just naming someone specific.

EDIT: on a related side note, it is a pain in the ass to assign a number for every unit because retreating units cancel the hotkey
14 Oct 2014, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 21:14 PMNinjaWJ

No I am saying Jesulin could probably make the strategy shine the brightest because he has amazing micro and fast fingers.

Im not saying he is the ONLY player on earth who could pull it off, but im just naming someone specific.

EDIT: on a related side note, it is a pain in the ass to assign a number for every unit because retreating units cancel the hotkey

they dont

i cant imagine playing without control groups / numbers for each unit
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26
unknown 18
Russian Federation 43
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W