Login

russian armor

Mines

13 Oct 2014, 16:19 PM

Hello there,

I just wanted to get a few pointers regarding the use of mines.
if there should be threads that fill the same purpose please link me to them and free to close this one.
the only threads i found were about specific mines.

what i wanted to know, how the different factions should use their mines.
which ones seem to be (cost-) effective, which arent.
the way i understand it soviets should spam them whenever they can.
but what about the rest?
should i bother with them? or rather save the mun for nades, weapons and offmap artillery?
when i played coh1 mines were very important (in my opinion at least) but whenever i play coh2 or watch a replay i hardly ever see somebody use them.
13 Oct 2014, 16:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Mines are most important for USF. If you spam m20 mines all over the place they could easily win the game for you.

Soviet mines are great just because a lot of soviet strategies don't require you to spend munitions on much of anything else so you can spam them like crazy to bleed your opponent.

Ostheer mines are nice but like you said probably not as important as getting upgrades on your units. It's much more circumstantial.

OKW mines usually don't pay off all that much. Your munitions are probably better spent on shrecks or the occasional grenade.
13 Oct 2014, 17:13 PM

You should use as OKW to cover the flanks of your Jagdtiger & Kingtiger. They are slow, so basically surrounding possible flank paths are important to keep the rear armour not exposed to agile medium tanks.

Also I sometimes use them to destroy a soviet M3 that is just roaming among my units.
You might think that it's better to wait for a Panzerschreck - well that's sometimes not the case, as a skilled soviet player can push your volksgrenadiers around so that they won't shoot while grilling them as you desperately trying to destroy it.

3 Mines will definately kill a scout car, while a Panzerschreck can be wiped by a flamer car.
13 Oct 2014, 18:12 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Mines wins games.

It has been said since time immemorial - well at least,since the vCoH franchise was well under way.

That is why it used to be said that a player with a Engi/Pio minesweeper was considered to be experienced, if not good - bcs steps were being taken to preempt the mine menace.
14 Oct 2014, 03:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Mines wins games

"Don't lose squads".

OH:
In general, you are better with upgrades for your grens.
Tellers. Do not put minefields if you are gonna lay "important" tellers. You don't want to force a minesweeper. Most of the time this will remain undetected for a long time since they are not trigger by infantry.

Minefield. Put it on retreat paths and on ice. Cancel after 1 or 2 fields are deployed.

SU:
Mine, mine everywhere. Ice, building doors, chokepoints.

OKW:
I would rather get upgrades first.

USF:
:foreveralone:
While M20 mine is awesome, it is locked on a tiered unit. Use it if you have the munition.

15 Oct 2014, 18:35 PM

The M20 mine is ridiculously good. Vehicle ain't too bad too, you even get a free bazooka if you swap your RE for the crew and it shreds infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★