Login

russian armor

Help vs USF ,,,this is just ridiculous

13 Dec 2014, 19:24 PM
Patrion 14

Ass grens are a joke for the cost. Badly need some love from Relic.
15 Dec 2014, 02:50 AM
Patrion 14

I've been having pretty good luck vs, USF by going heavy mechanized to make up for the weaknesses of grens. Grens will lose 1v1 vs. Rifles in equal cover most of the time. The trick as ostheer is to focus on one fuel/ VP sector of the map, and try to hold a munition point as well. The MG42 is an invaluble tool early game, but you need to set it up intelligently and support it with grenadiers. I find that sending your pio squad out to harass works well, as it forces the USF plyer to send forces to recap and oush away the pio, which makes it easier t hold on to your side of the map.

Once I get to t2, I build A scoutcar if vs. USF, and upgrade it with an autoannon. Remember that the scout car will win at range while its front armor is facicng the M20, so never get too close. Even if you are winning, getting close allows him to pop out of his M20 and hit you with a bazooka. After my scout car, I get a mechanized grenadier group out from my commander (german mechanized) and start to use my mechanized forces to harass the enemies side of the map. What do I mean by this? Drive the mechanized grenadiers to the enemy cutoff, decap it, then move to fuel, cap, keep hitting his important positions, forcing him to keep units on the move. remeber to kite your 220 if attacked by rifles, as a rifle grenade can be annoying to fix. A gren in 220 wil alwas beat a rifle squad, and can effectivly deal with two. A fuel cache is a good investment at this point, but I have nt yet found a good time to build it.

At the 10 minute mark in the game, I will try to get a pak40 out, and tech to t3, and save for a pz4. THe panzer 4 is great vs shermans and m8 scotts, and only needs to worry about the jackson non-doctrinally. Remember, if he gets a jackson, your infantry will be able to walk all over his, unless he is using the rifleman lmg HTD in combat exploit, in which case have fun running him over. Swap out the lmg grenaiers in your 220 with a spare pio squad, and continue to harass. If you are on an urban map, upgrade a flamer.

If the game persists to the ultra late game, after you get 2 p4s, or 1 p4 and 1 command tank, tech to t4 and get a panther. This should seal the deal. If your opponent is going heavy infantry, a brumbar or even an extra pz4 will suffice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★