Login

russian armor

Playing without MG34 commanders?

22 Sep 2014, 06:38 AM

I was just wondering if anyone has seriously played OKW without MG34's. I feel like the commanders that have this unit are by far superior to the other OKW commanders just because MG34's finally gives OKW a solid way to deal with hordes of inf from soviets/USF. Let's look at some of the other call in infantry:

Panzerfusiliers + Officer: My next solid choice, but it compared to the sector denying power of MG34 its just a whole lot MP drain to accomplish the same task. I'll admit the Jagd is pretty good, but I think you get a whole lot more mileage out of a KT since it is a huge anti inf platform too.

Jagerinf from scavenger: Like fallshims, these glass cannons require the volks to hold the line against a blob to do some good work which is just an MP drain without an MG. I'd rather get obers which can do the same thing better. Alone, these guys sometimes struggle against a flame engie squad. Ostwind is pretty good, but once you get it, you're probably facing tanks that can kill it so I'd rather get a panzerwerf/panther if I really need some anti inf or anti inf anti armor combo. The arty is cool, but takes too long to drop.

Is anyone actually playing better with the other commanders? What situations would you want to use another commander?

22 Sep 2014, 07:41 AM
Benefactor 340

Is anyone actually playing better with the other commanders? What situations would you want to use another commander?

Especially with the Kubel in its current state with the Kubel and the nerved MG34 it never was easier to skip the MG34.

I personally play MG34 with Defense Doctrine mostly against USF. And Breaktrough against ISU 152 and Elite Armor against other heavier Russian Tanks.

23 Sep 2014, 16:20 PM

I never use the MG commander. The other commanders have a lot to offer... the MG commander is too much of a defensive doc for my style, although the falls are great but very expensive.
23 Sep 2014, 16:21 PM

And the rare defensive doc just sucks 1v1 (OK in 3s and 4s) because static emplacements are so weak.. at least I haven't been able to use them well.
23 Sep 2014, 16:52 PM

Just spam kubels for now. Until nerf you need no mg34
23 Sep 2014, 21:07 PM
Patrion 310

From what I have seen, MG34 are risky using against soviet because they usually have alot of different non-fuel options to counter it. USF on the other hand dont have many non-fuel options and the vet0-vet1 pack howie are inferior to soviet vet1 mortars because the howie takes a long time to get vet2 and cant retreat.

Infiltration grenades (only cost 10 munitions for 5 volks grenades) are great and with abit of luck allow volks to win all 1vs1 engagements even against shocks with good grenade micro.

One pro-tip, infiltration grenade cooldown are cancelled once you make a movement with the sqaud. Which mean you should throw 4 grenades with volks (not 5) and then you are ready to throw 4 grenades again and again. Also get a full refund if you dont throw any grenades so can be used to scare units out of cover as well.
Takes abit of practice but very useful if you want to quickly destroy stationary targets with 8-12 grenades :P or blobs in narrow places like on a bridge.

Anyone tested if OKW can destroy demo charges with infiltration grenades?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
United States 28
Germany 27
unknown 38
Germany 33
Peru 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W