Login

russian armor

There are no topics how to counter Soviets?

9 Sep 2014, 11:38 AM

Hey there mates!

The title says it all. Are USF and Soviets so equal and nobody has any problems against Soviets?
How do you counter the typical start(fast M3A1 and T34/76's)?

I'm a Wehr/OKW player, but i just got interested to play with USF and got addicted to them because of their versatile arsenal :thumbsup:, they seem a lot of fun, but the problem is the start and the late game (T34/85's, IS-2).

How you guys deal with those? USF can get alot of zooks, but i've read and also tried myself them and they're not costworthy atm.

Regards,
Flail
9 Sep 2014, 12:14 PM

Permanently Banned
I have no idea what you're actually asking.

Topic says "counter Soviets", but in your post you talk about how you recently started playing USF.

Please try rewording this post in a more comprehensible fashion.
9 Sep 2014, 12:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I assume you are talking about custom games with USF v. Soviets. Is that right?
9 Sep 2014, 12:33 PM

Sorry, if i didn't myself clear, i guess i was too excited and wanted to share my enthuastic when playing with the USF faction :crazy:

Below was the point of this thread.

"How do you counter the typical start(fast M3A1 and T34/76's)?"
"but the problem is the start and the late game (T34/85's, IS-2)."

Counter and counter?

And yes is was talking about 1vs1 custom game. USF works great as a support faction in 2vs2,3vs3 etc. with their artillery.
9 Sep 2014, 14:08 PM

I haven't thought about it for a lot but I would say there are none.
USF isn't meant to be played against soviets so it's simply unbalanced.
May some Jackson might work, who knows.
9 Sep 2014, 14:41 PM

I haven't thought about it for a lot but I would say there are none.
USF isn't meant to be played against soviets so it's simply unbalanced.
May some Jackson might work, who knows.

Oh man, that's sorry to hear. I just got excited with them and my big brother plays allways with soviets, so then i'm screwed :( I'm ok with Wehr against him, but we didn't buy WFA for nothing.
I want experience all what this game and its add-on has to offer :help:

Is that really true, does any disagree with this? Someone has to know some "tricks" B-)
9 Sep 2014, 15:16 PM

Who says USF doesn't have advantage? Both Soviet openers (besides cons) counter rifle spam but USF T2 will rape clown cars. As for maxim spam, rifle company to T3 is the way to go. Rifle smoke will shutdown maxims and riflemen can kill maxim gunners before they start firing if they get in close. Soviet infantry is a paper tiger against USF.

USF will obviously play a very heavy early/mid game. Late game, E8 will wipe all Soviet armor except ISU and IS2, but it should never get to that point.

In any case, 2 E8s can parry a tiger ace so they should perform adequate versus IS2 if USF has a lasting early game edge
9 Sep 2014, 15:25 PM

Who says USF doesn't have advantage? Both Soviet openers (besides cons) counter rifle spam but USF T2 will rape clown cars. As for maxim spam, rifle company to T3 is the way to go. Rifle smoke will shutdown maxims and riflemen can kill maxim gunners before they start firing if they get in close. Soviet infantry is a paper tiger against USF.

USF will obviously play a very heavy early/mid game. Late game, E8 will wipe all Soviet armor except ISU and IS2, but it should never get to that point.

In any case, 2 E8s can parry a tiger ace so they should perform adequate versus IS2 if USF has a lasting early game edge

Now we're talking B-) Thanks for your tips theblitz6794!

Anyone else have some opinions?

I know it's very hard to play against soviets with USF, but i just wont believe that's impossible for average players.
9 Sep 2014, 15:49 PM

Now we're talking B-) Thanks for your tips theblitz6794!

Anyone else have some opinions?

I know it's very hard to play against soviets with USF, but i just wont believe that's impossible for average players.

Meh, it could be the majority of USF strats suck but there is one that is OP and if you stick with it, you'll win

Mech company is also interesting against maxim or clown car. I don't know how the clown car 2 compares. But against maxims, dodges can circle strafe easy. But it will get messy. Early T34 might be a Soviet strat against this, which needs to be countered with 57. Zooks, as they did in Korea, are gonna suck against Soviets. T70 will take out mech company though. So will guards.

But captain + pack howie vs T70/maxim.

So LT definitely against T1. Cpt against T2 (but only preferably).

So we have LT against T1. Use m20 if you are in a pinch but the AA HT will devastate. Soviets have NO T1 counter and AT nadescripts will get shredded.

So he pops T2 for Zis. Now his tanks are delayed and he has committed to early game. Get Cpt and pack howie and shell him.

Alternatively against maxim, use the 50 cal. I'm not sure if it outshoots maxim but I think it will. It also shreds clown car.

So we have LT and CPT vs T1 and T2. You should be in the advantage. Shocks will be less effective because riflemen are good at CQB and end up with BARs. Rifle company WP arty will make a mess of weapons teams.

TL;DR You gotta survive with just rifles until you can get out an M20, AA HT, or pack howie. Grenades are a MUST against T2 because of smoke. Charge in with smoke nades, throw real nades, and slaughter the weak weapon's team squads in CQB with mass flanking.

An unstoppable flank vs an unflankable MG is this fight. Have fun!

EDIT: Rifle company flamers may pair well with rifle smoke. Since USF infantry are tougher than Soviet, you have a marginally less risk of exploded flamers.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 84
Germany 26
United States 22
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %