Login

russian armor

Ostheer vs Rifle company

5 Sep 2014, 18:42 PM

May it be 1v1 or 2v2, I find this doc to be extremely bullshit.

You start with an early game that's already disastrous for the ostheer and it's only made worse by veteran riflemen.

Then as the game progresses he's free to get both the lieutant for even better anti infantry and the captain for soft AV and skip the major into Ez8 spam that absolutely trashes P4s,infantry and packs alike, I've even tried using panthers, they get equally annihilated by Ez8s.

So I'd like to know what you guys do against this, because even at a conceptual level I can't find a way out, ultra good early, good mid game and then even better late game, Im still quite a noob, no doubt about that but again, I just can't find a way out.

Im sorry if I sound frustrated, because that's how I feel at the moment.

P.S: 1v1 replays/casts very welcome.
5 Sep 2014, 20:18 PM

I definitely agree that Rifle Company is the most consistent American doctrine versus Ostheer OR OKW. Borderline OP if it isn't actually. Like you said, it has pretty much everything needed just from the call ins. Plus you forgot to mention the flamethrowers...

Best advice I can give is playing very carefully and always have infantry supported in the rear with MG42s at key points. One advantage you have is some early game capping because it takes longer to deploy vetted rifles. I think in general the rifle company will be slower coming out with most things. You should be able to get an Ostwind out long before the EZ8, for example, which will be a hardcounter to the vetted inf unless he puts bazookas on all of them. For the lategame, maybe try a Pak 43 (very map-dependent), or an Elephant. EZ8s need to be disabled and then destroyed at range if possible. Regular Paks are very vulnerable not just to the tanks themselves but to the phosphorus barrage, so while one might be good, don't stock up on them.

Also, mortars are strong against the US in general (imo) so be sure to use them and keep them safe.
5 Sep 2014, 20:33 PM

Yup. Pretty much 100% the strategy I've been going up against as the Ostheer against a decent American player. Also the strategy I used to use with 100% success against Ostheer players as the Americans.

I haven't played a 1v1 in a while but a strategy I came up with which could work is getting PaKs as early as possible to deal with the extremely proficient anti-infantry capabilities of the Lieut's tier. A very early Tellar has saved my ass a couple of times against some of the top 50 American player's Lieut light vehicles (In particular the FlaK HT, which is devastating against the Ostheer due to the lack of a reliable AT light vehicle (i.e the Puma) from the Ostheer). The PaKs will also allow you to deal pretty effectively with both vehicles from the Lieut's tier AND the inevitable Easy8s.

I'd recommend picking the Tiger Ace: If you can hold out long enough for the TA, you've essentially won. Also, the TA doesn't require fuel at all so you can spend fuel on getting as early a PIV as possible (PIVs are amazing against the Americans and just about match the AT capabilities of the far more expensive Easy 8).

Regular tiger docs also work. An extremely good Tiger doc is Lightning War: Those G43s are amazing vs the Americans. Gren upped with G43s are extremely brutal vs non-LMG rifleman and G43s are really cheap as well compared to LMGs.

For map control, you should focus on locking down one side of the map exclusively (try and hold at least one fuel; munitions is less important but also extremely useful if you can get it). If the map suits it, you could try and harass the cutoff as much as possible.

I guess that's it. You're at an extreme disadvantage playing against this strategy as the ostheer and it's not beatable without disproportionate luck to your enemy if you're both equal skill, so good luck D:
5 Sep 2014, 20:34 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Oh yes, an ostwin is certainly good,amazing vs USF, but I feel like it doesn't have enough of an impact because he has AT nades, the captain and possibly an AT gun and then in that case he would get out an easy 8 much before I get a P4 and in that case I would be largely defendless with only paks and AT guns left.

The pak43? Could be a good idea, but Im not sure if it can work in 1v1 and he could still use white phosphoru to smoke it and with a little follow up kill it's crew.

I guess I'll try to get a quick ostwind and then see what happens.

I also like to use G43s against USF, but I've recently started using the mechanized assault doc, Im really liking assault grenadiers to protect MGs when they get smoked and to rush up rifles, I do have the elite troops doc aswell as lighting war, I just don't see the tiger ace to be that effective, I mean it's kind of scary to lose it considering it completely drains out your resourcers and the standard tiger doesn't seem to perform that well, both when I use it and when I play against it( in 1v1s and 2s I've never had a problem dealing with a tiger as either soviets or USF with standard docs).

I guess I could try to spearhead with it a build a wall of paks and MGs behind it though.
5 Sep 2014, 20:45 PM

Its pretty much BS. one way to sort of deal with it is a bulid order of:
gren
mg42
sniper
gren
mg42
T2

The key to getting through the early game is to not split your forces. A doctrine I like to use agianst it is the mobile defense. Paks are really great but lack the ability to pursue wounded E8s which is where the really long range puma comes into. Plus the combination of a vet one pak and vet one puma equals stuns for days! P4 command tank is also a great addition to help stem the tide of late game vetted, bar/flame thrower wielding rifle mobs
6 Sep 2014, 04:07 AM

I find that using sniper totally destroys Rifle Company user. He would keep reinforcing his Riflemen that he doesn't even have the mp to get an E8. If he does get the E8, it's either I'm playing poorly or he decided he needs a tank instead of reinforcing his infantry.

My BO

grenx3
MG42
gren
sniper
BP1
T2
Pak
Panzergrenadiere
Pak

Sometimes I would go 222 instead of Pgren.
6 Sep 2014, 05:26 AM

Trying to counter them with tanks would be futile I believe. You should go for heavy AT. Like 3 paks, pgren with shrecks, and some grens. Hans survived easy eights cause he didn't rely on his armor to work wonders for him. I think he used a few mgs, a mortar or two, and a sniper to hold off the riflemen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
United States 17
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak