Login

russian armor

Why no one builds PAKs/Trenches ??

15 Sep 2014, 05:11 AM
Donator 22

I kinda wish they had made the Pak 43 moveable. Maybe give it a very slow movement like a Jagdtiger or even make it able to be moved, but only if towed by a halftrack.

Making it immobile means it dies to arty very quickly and therefore makes it untenable.
15 Sep 2014, 05:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I realized yesterday the pak43 is now only 10 popcap
16 Sep 2014, 11:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 05:11 AMMortar
I kinda wish they had made the Pak 43 moveable. Maybe give it a very slow movement like a Jagdtiger or even make it able to be moved, but only if towed by a halftrack.

Making it immobile means it dies to arty very quickly and therefore makes it untenable.

ROFL..

where would you get the time to move it slowly they will rush after arty strike anyway. So if you are building one keep a volks squad near by to re-crew it, it usualy survives 2 arty strikes before it gets destroyed. it helps keep those early T34 rushes at bay till you get out your panther. So you approximately survive about 300 secs after being detected (katyusha recharge is 90) so usualy takes about 2 barrages to decrew it.

but Priest 1 barrage will decrew it and second one will destroy it but if he invested on priest he might be lacking 1 or 2 medium tanks.
25 Sep 2014, 06:13 AM

you definitely have to adjust your strategy to incorporate the pak43 into your unit roster. i almost always go fortifications in 2v2s now, and have had really good success with it. I always go for a very aggressive medic truck, and secure a large portion of the map with mg34s and a kubel. i place my pak43 next to the medic truck, so that if it gets hit by arty i can just reinforce, and sturmpioneers can just repair it quickly. its a very good unit to hold off allied armor until you can get your king tiger out.
25 Sep 2014, 06:55 AM

well simple answer is this is a WW2 game not a WW1 game
25 Sep 2014, 08:34 AM

you definitely have to adjust your strategy to incorporate the pak43 into your unit roster. i almost always go fortifications in 2v2s now, and have had really good success with it. I always go for a very aggressive medic truck, and secure a large portion of the map with mg34s and a kubel. i place my pak43 next to the medic truck, so that if it gets hit by arty i can just reinforce, and sturmpioneers can just repair it quickly. its a very good unit to hold off allied armor until you can get your king tiger out.

And my B-4 fires twice, now no PAK-43 and no Medtruck.

I think the Pak-43 can be a good way to fight, under a few specific scenarios. Only if does soviets industry and towards heavy T-3. Any T-4, off-map or on-map artillery and all forms of static defences will melt away with little effort.
25 Sep 2014, 08:46 AM

I still build em once in a while. Mg34 in trenches can hold off maximspam better than greencover mgs. Raketen in trenches are also good.

My theory about pak43. The pak has to be hidden away until you're sure to get at least 1 tankkill. It pays for itself very quickly so no worries if it gets destroyed. MP for enemy fuel is a very good trade for OKW. In a defensive stance it can secure flanks for jagdtiger, KT and sturmtigers. It's all about the sim city.
25 Sep 2014, 15:07 PM

And my B-4 fires twice, now no PAK-43 and no Medtruck.

I think the Pak-43 can be a good way to fight, under a few specific scenarios. Only if does soviets industry and towards heavy T-3. Any T-4, off-map or on-map artillery and all forms of static defences will melt away with little effort.

thats assuming they go counterattack doc in the first place. one shell cannot hit both the pak and the truck, so your sturms can just repair which ever was hit inbetween barrages. sturms have the highest repair rate in the game, and have an even higher repair rate with the minesweeper upgrade.

katyushas actually have horrible accuracy, and even if you start losing models u can just reinforce since its next to the medic truck. also you should get a stuka most games, it helps to deal with enemy weapon teams and b4s too.

26 Sep 2014, 03:10 AM

The reason I hate trenches so much is that they actually make units more vulnerable to certain weapons like AT guns and TDs. A ZiS is pretty meh against infantry in the opening, but it's deadly to infantry standing in a trench.
29 Sep 2014, 09:31 AM

The reason I hate trenches so much is that they actually make units more vulnerable to certain weapons like AT guns and TDs. A ZiS is pretty meh against infantry in the opening, but it's deadly to infantry standing in a trench.

I thought all units inside a trench were just ejected without damage when thew trench dies? Do the units garisonned in trenches gain some kind of increased damage modifier or take damage from the building exploding?
29 Sep 2014, 10:19 AM

thats assuming they go counterattack doc in the first place. one shell cannot hit both the pak and the truck, so your sturms can just repair which ever was hit inbetween barrages. sturms have the highest repair rate in the game, and have an even higher repair rate with the minesweeper upgrade.

katyushas actually have horrible accuracy, and even if you start losing models u can just reinforce since its next to the medic truck. also you should get a stuka most games, it helps to deal with enemy weapon teams and b4s too.

B-4 one-shots PAK-43, but two shots HQs. I was under the impression you would place them next to eachother so both would be in the B-4s AoE. A slight miss and the PaKis still completely destroyed. Why have a strategy that can be so easily hardcounterd? Like i said it is effective against a strat that focuses on a lot of tanks, like windustry. but it is worthless against anything that has either artillery or a heavy off-map.
So not good enough for a general strategy in my mind.
29 Sep 2014, 18:00 PM

no you just place it within the reinforcement radius. in 1v1s and even 2v2s it works quite well since its rather rare for soviets to go b4s and most of the time will aim for an ISU or IS2. The pak43 outranges even the ISU and only needs 4 penetrating shots to kill it.

this strategy is perfect for establishing a foothold and keeping it. its extremely hard to dislodge MGs that are constantly reinforcing, and suppression spam is one of the most frustrating things to play against in this game. on certain maps, you can use this to creep onto the enemy cutoff while maintaining control of your own vital resources.
29 Sep 2014, 18:08 PM

Well as I said barring the B4 you will most likely see IL2 bombstrike together with ISU, which will also ista-kill the PAK-43.

As for a heavy MG turtle strat. That is faced with indirect fire. And you'll bleed the enemy. Turtling only works when the enemy is foolish enough to attack a strong-point head on.
29 Sep 2014, 18:18 PM

im not gonna bother arguing what could POSSIBLY happen in a game. i used this strategy and have won many games with it. im rank 2 in 2v2s and fairly high ranked in 1v1s, this has worked for me during my ladder climb.
30 Sep 2014, 23:08 PM

Well as I said barring the B4 you will most likely see IL2 bombstrike together with ISU, which will also ista-kill the PAK-43.

As for a heavy MG turtle strat. That is faced with indirect fire. And you'll bleed the enemy. Turtling only works when the enemy is foolish enough to attack a strong-point head on.

pak43 can build behind block cover. secondly we are talking about the strategy that mostly works,not ALWAYS(100% ).if pak 43 didnt have any counter ,it would be hard OP!
10 Oct 2014, 20:48 PM
Patrion 310

LemonJuice have some good points imo.
Not alot of players goes priest or B4 to hard counter the pak43 at 8 CP. But even if they did, those two doctrines have no hard counter to the KT which is what OKW should be saving for anyway. With good truck positioning pak43 is much easier to defend than OH pak43.

Pak43 also allow OKW to go abit more heavy on obers and mines. Once the KT is it out OKW can then convert fuel into munitions to get more shreaks, mines or zero artillery to prevent medium tank flanking the KT.

As for OKW mobile AT guns, LEIG hollow charge ability is more reliable long range AT than the raketenwerfer. LEIG hollow charge has more armor penetration and 2x range vs raketenwerfer. So why even bother with the raketenwerfer? :thumb:
LEIG fit pretty well with the WW2 idea of one all purpose AT/AI infantry support unit. Work best against USF when they are repairing tanks with tank crews or slow soviet tanks.
10 Oct 2014, 21:34 PM

i make paks and trenches.
17 Oct 2014, 19:10 PM

i make paks and trenches.

:bananadance:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %