russian armor

(Relic) looking for map feedback on (2-4) Road to Kharkov

Only Relic postRelic 24 Aug 2014, 03:01 AM
Developer Relic Badge

looking for specific map feedback on Road to Kharkov

thank you
24 Aug 2014, 03:13 AM
Patrion 14

Scale back the big forest impasse east of the top cutoff towards north direction a bit so it does not feel so clustered there.

Widen the chokepoint south of the middle vp.
24 Aug 2014, 03:51 AM

What he said,north cut off is clustered.
24 Aug 2014, 04:50 AM

I don't think this map should be included in 2v2 mode, because 3 mgs can lock down half of the map and often the game ends up being a camping match.
24 Aug 2014, 11:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Put some splats or objects on the places were the buildings were. It's so empty on those spots.
24 Aug 2014, 11:50 AM

I don't get why the building on the east side near the south spawn were removed. The northern players cut-off for the west side of the map is surrounded by buildings, but the southern players cut-off for the eastern side of the map is now void of building for some reason.
25 Aug 2014, 13:16 PM
Senior Editor Badge

remove from 2v2 rotation pls.

Its small and easy lockable.
25 Aug 2014, 13:27 PM

Widen it. Left and right side to allow for flanking.

It's so narrow, it's easy to lock down with MGs and little hope for a flank = face-to-face slugfest / arty slugfest. Remove some pathing blockers and widen it and you've got a decent map.
26 Aug 2014, 03:13 AM

I think this map needs the south spawn cut off's moved closer to the spawn. The north side has a much closer distance to its cutoff's as well as harassing the south cut off's. Also the wide open area around the east VP needs another entrance from the south. You are stuck going through the center either along a negative cover road or into the center VP. the west VP is fine and accessible from all directions easily

On a further note to support my Cutoff's being moved the west south spawn road cut off will no longer be harassed by the building and stone corner walls just north of it.

I also agree with Sarantini that the middle area just south of the center VP needs to be widened
26 Aug 2014, 03:41 AM

I'll agree that the south cutoff is needlessly further than the north. There is also a lot of heavy cover around the middle VP from the north spawn, which makes it really easy to lock down with MG's. I feel the map favors the north for these two reasons. Widening the passages the south takes into the middle VP area would at least help to alleviate it.
26 Aug 2014, 05:29 AM

Sectors seem to be closer to north base in general, and map is to narrow.
In case it is made wider, maybe 2v2 is ok, otherwise remove it from 2v2.
27 Aug 2014, 18:19 PM
Patrion 15

The north side has much easier access to the VPs. The map seems empty, while I think removing many of the buildings was definitely the way to go, it now seems a little bit stark, this is most glaring on the southeastern portion of the map. Also, the map needs more lateral flanking routes, at the moment, as others have said a few MGs can really be a pain to clear out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★