Login

russian armor

The Problem of Axis in Teamgames

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
18 Aug 2014, 13:04 PM

Quoted.

Im not even going to comment on what this kind of attitude entails in gameplay and balance discussion.
Everyone can draw their own conclusions for themselves.

I think what wong is saying is that annoying soviet strats exist because playing combined arms or reliance on conscripts means an uphill battle
18 Aug 2014, 13:50 PM

Soviet fanboys trying to pose as if its difficult to do anything vs axis without amxim and isu a-move noobspams.Total rubbish-shocks terrorize every single infantry unit save obers.Armor-is-2 superb tank..can beat anything save a king tiger.t-34/85-best medium tank in the game along with e8.Everyone who plays the game recognizes soviets are easily the most powerful faction by far atm.Still maximspam and isu is being supported...my message to these noobs.Play a dozen games as wehrmacht.Just as freikadelle xx the former soviet fanboy,has had his awakening u'll have urs.

Übertreib mal

The problem is the German are the greatest "Fan base" of Relic. So they are fearfull to nerf Germans. it's not allowed that Allies is in any stronger than the Axis.

Imagine the Allies would have MG's at start and Germans must choose Buildings. "Go i forst at MG's or sniper? (T1/T2)"

"The Soviet dont need to Skip some Buildings, he can build all and suppress with MG's !!!!"

nerf nerf nerf...
18 Aug 2014, 14:44 PM

wall of text

I have been playing a lot more team games recently as both allies and axis and I have to say +1 to this thread and especially to PwnageMachine.

There are some specific allied strategies that work on specific maps and snipers still work even in 4v4s but generally you are on the clock as allies and you have to completely win in time too, not just secure a big advantage. For example even if I bleed my opponents dry with double/triple sov sniper BS all game (yeah I do it, it`s not my fault it`s in the game), getting vet 3, denying map etc. if the axis is not completely wiped out their dominant late game just comes as if the previous part of the game hasn`t happend at all (while in 1v1 it would be pretty much gg).

It`s obviously hard to balance the game across the game modes but some things could be done. First of all the PwnageMachine`s suggestion of making maps more spacious and flank-friendly without increasing retreat distance would be amazing if implemented. Then the income could be tweaked for larger team games only, or fuel/muni caches could be taken away from the game. They are largely irrelevant in 1v1s and just mess up team games (and are one of the reasons why OKW/OST is better than just pure OKW). Such changes would help without inflicting collateral damages on 1v1 balance.

Than there are the general balance issues/propositions which would influence 1v1 but might do so positively. Yeah I know this is subjective and won`t be agreed upon. But what I would like to see (among other things, but this is too long already) is soviets being able to play straight up and on the other hand their cheese being limited. For example I would like to see conscripts being made somehow more effective (consequently the presence of AT nades would help allied late game in team games) and on the other hand snipers being limited to 1 squad at any given time.

18 Aug 2014, 15:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

2 flames posts invised, containing reference to a poster who is not even present on this thread.
18 Aug 2014, 17:05 PM

Except both soviets and Americans need to choose a doctrine with late game units, while Germans can choose a early game doctrine and still have access to late game units.

all those german early game doctrines... care to give some examples besides assault grens?

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 09:28 AMwongtp

grens lmg42 which the soviets have no equivalent nor durable enough to hold them off

guards. pretty much the same long range dps once they get their DPs, but with much higher durability at vet 3. now that their armor has been replaced by recieved accuracy you can also merge them to keep your mp drain down. people just like to pretend that soviets have no long range infantry. a guard blob is way more annoying that something like a panzerfusilier blob because you cant even get near it with vehicles.
18 Aug 2014, 17:29 PM

Guards are quite good...conscripts with ppsh and mass charging with oorah and molotov are very good in numbers.
Best of all shocks with smoke..and for lolz 'mother russia'.

Penals need buff.
18 Aug 2014, 17:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Soviets rely too much on commanders in teamgames. Ive played axis and forgot to even choose a commander and still win.

Usf (im gonna be blunt with) Simply is not viable in teamgames. You can easily lose to a campy axis team of lesser skill than You and Your team. Rule of usf- win in 20min or surrender

I am losing hope in an allied buff or axis nurf. This game is dominated by axis fans who would scream and cry if allies had a fighting chance in 3v3's and 4v4's.

Relic has the 3v3 and 4v4 mode in thier game. People who say that 3v3 and 4v4 balance doesnt matter can just stop talking. If you put a game mode in you game. SUPPORT IT RELIC.
18 Aug 2014, 17:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 17:05 PMwooof

guards. pretty much the same long range dps once they get their DPs, but with much higher durability at vet 3. now that their armor has been replaced by recieved accuracy you can also merge them to keep your mp drain down. people just like to pretend that soviets have no long range infantry. a guard blob is way more annoying that something like a panzerfusilier blob because you cant even get near it with vehicles.

Problem is that they are static piñatas waiting to drop their weapons. Juggling and baiting with nades makes them lose all their DPS in comparison to PF blobs who can just run around the map.

If only we had a button to drop weapons.
18 Aug 2014, 17:43 PM

Soviets rely too much on commanders in teamgames. Ive played axis and forgot to even choose a commander and still win.

Usf (im gonna be blunt with) Simply is not viable in teamgames. You can easily lose to a campy axis team of lesser skill than You and Your team. Rule of usf- win in 20min or surrender

I am losing hope in an allied buff or axis nurf. This game is dominated by axis fans who would scream and cry if allies had a fighting chance in 3v3's and 4v4's.

Relic has the 3v3 and 4v4 mode in thier game. People who say that 3v3 and 4v4 balance doesnt matter can just stop talking. If you put a game mode in you game. SUPPORT IT RELIC.

no. l2p.
18 Aug 2014, 17:52 PM

Permanently Banned

no. l2p.

So. you clearly know how to counter 2 Kt's, a JT, with mg and pack wall. Not to mention grens ready to faust? With no heavy armor, paper tanks, and rifles that get eaten by falls and opers.

Plz id love to hear your genius strat on how to counter super tanks and space marines. Plus the roaming grens with their Shreks that are guaranteed to pen and damage.

Did i forget to mention OKW/Ost teams u have to manage thier raging panthers and tigers?

my point still stands. A majority USF team in 3v3 and 4v4's need to win in 20min or surrender

18 Aug 2014, 18:03 PM

So. you clearly know how to counter 2 Kt's, a JT, with mg and pack wall. Not to mention grens ready to faust? With no heavy armor, paper tanks, and rifles that get eaten by falls and opers.

Plz id love to hear your genius strat on how to counter super tanks and space marines. Plus the roaming grens with their Shreks that are guaranteed to pen and damage.

Did i forget to mention OKW/Ost teams u have to manage thier raging panthers and tigers?

my point still stands. A majority USF team in 3v3 and 4v4's need to win in 20min or surrender

easy spam rifles overrun the map in 4 minutes. if you want to really make sure they surrender. it is very easy to win in 20 minutes. easier than to hold out all game to wait for late game heavies to attack.
18 Aug 2014, 18:12 PM

have you won a 3v3 or 4v4 as axis yet?
18 Aug 2014, 19:05 PM

If after noobrolling current OP soviets u still need buffs AND axis nerfs..unfortunately ..i try not to say this..but..L2P.
18 Aug 2014, 19:11 PM

Plz genius i want to know counters vs ur absurd E8 spam,1919 rifle blobs,ur fast AA halftrack...ur maximspam,sniperspam vs OKW,troll ISU,t-34/85 at 130 fuel.Give me all those answers while i try to make something out of my ostheer 'panther'.As for winning with USF i'll give u a hint..E8 spam..or simply park 2 jacksons behind ur isu partner..get a couple of soviet partners and win free.Or american AT gun can get a buff which we can all agree to..while some of the other allied bullshit gets toned down.
18 Aug 2014, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 17:05 PMwooof

all those german early game doctrines... care to give some examples besides assault grens?

I don't know them all off the top of my head by Jaeger infantry is a pretty good early-mid game commander. Pretty much any commander that gives lower CP abilities instead of tigers or elephants, since you can always tech to T4 and panthers late game.

In other words both OKW and Whermacht have nondoctrinal access to strong late game tanks, while US and soviets are stuck with T3 level armor. It's worse for the soviets since they can't even get both medium tanks and TD's.
18 Aug 2014, 19:27 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

My lock finger is itching...almost uncontrollably.....
18 Aug 2014, 19:36 PM

Today I played 5 Games as Soviet in 3vs3 and 4vs4 and we got just pwned by the OKW death blob and the followng armor spam

This is what every Ostheer player has dealt with from the beginning re soviets, except add artillery and superior range tanks.
18 Aug 2014, 19:38 PM

Permanently Banned

Plz genius i want to know counters vs ur absurd E8 spam,1919 rifle blobs,ur fast AA halftrack...ur maximspam,sniperspam vs OKW,troll ISU,t-34/85 at 130 fuel.Give me all those answers while i try to make something out of my ostheer 'panther'.As for winning with USF i'll give u a hint..E8 spam..or simply park 2 jacksons behind ur isu partner..get a couple of soviet partners and win free.Or american AT gun can get a buff which we can all agree to..while some of the other allied bullshit gets toned down.

L2p...
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight