Login

russian armor

Will CoH2 ever support double screen user ?

13 Aug 2014, 05:51 AM

Hello hello.

It has been a year and I just wondering that if Company of Heroes 2 will ever support double screen user ?

To be more detail, I mean to display the tactical map on the 2nd screen will be a nice future for us and not really a balance problem right ? ( I mean games like Battlefield 4 also support double screen :D ). I found on the internet that there is some software that let you to zoom in the mini map into another screen but it doesn't really help a lot.

I find that at the moment open the " tactical map " using the 0 number is a pain in the ass because I have to my my left hand to do that and in 1vs1 and 2vs2 when a small mistake is fatal, it's not really a good ideal to move away from those hotkey.

Also, I find some delay whenever I press the tactical map button: it's just about 1 or 2 seconds but it feels like the screen freezing.

Right now I really want to spend my 300$ to buy a new computer screen to replace my old Acer H223HQ 21.5inch ( it still usable but I prefer something with better quality. I mean come on it has been like 5 years lol ) but my only concern is that CoH2 currently does not support double screen and wonder in the future will they ?

If not then I will just spend that money on a SSD for a better performance.

13 Aug 2014, 19:32 PM

I use two monitors on my setup, and currently play the game with coh2 fullscreen on one monitor and my other monitor just sits open, dis allowing me from scrolling over unless I windows + M over.

I wish coh2 had functionality for -noborder -windowed launch options like valve games do, so you can scroll to your other screen without the game closing (complete pain in the ass atm)
13 Aug 2014, 19:35 PM

tactical map on 2nd screen, oh man how sick would that be :D
Nem
13 Aug 2014, 19:36 PM

It does: -window. You can also Alt+Enter to switch back and forth between fullscreen and windowed, and use Ctrl+Backspace to lock/unlock the mouse to the window.
13 Aug 2014, 20:03 PM
Patrion 14

Check coh2 steam launch options, there's a thread somewhere around here :)
13 Aug 2014, 20:24 PM

dont have these expectations from a second hand game.
13 Aug 2014, 20:38 PM

dont have these expectations from a second hand game.

Nice post dude, nice contribution!

Ok.
13 Aug 2014, 21:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 19:32 PMiDolize
I use two monitors on my setup, and currently play the game with coh2 fullscreen on one monitor and my other monitor just sits open, dis allowing me from scrolling over unless I windows + M over.

I wish coh2 had functionality for -noborder -windowed launch options like valve games do, so you can scroll to your other screen without the game closing (complete pain in the ass atm)

-nomovies -window -fullwindow -forceactive -lockMouse

try copy pasting that entire thing into your launch options. it will do exactly what youre asking for. oh and it will also disable the opening movies... so you could get rid of that first part if you really enjoy those on start up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★