Login

russian armor

2vs2. Double Ostheer Help

12 Aug 2014, 10:29 AM

Myself and my partner have recently decided to play more double ostheer as we both prefer playing as them.

We are struggling to create a BO and strategy that works effectivly. Are there any BO's and startegys you recommend? We are both fairly defensive players. But seem to eventually get over run by the russian and american hoards!

Also which commanders best work well together and what maps are best to veto?

Any help is appritiated. Thank you!
13 Aug 2014, 17:02 PM
Senior Editor Badge

In answer to your map question, I like to veto Crossing in the Woods, Moscow Outskirts winter, Rzhev Winter, and....Ettelbruck Station, maybe?
Moscow is just huge and the deep snow is a nightmare (sort of Langreskaya winter), Rzhev is the same deal, except it's just a large map and I'd rather play it 3v3, and my buddies just seem to hate Ettelbruck, so we don't play it.

What I find works best is getting two opening forces that can survive on their own. Not like, one guy build 5 MGs and you build 5 Grens, but each player takes 2-4 Grens, an MG (or two), maybe an extra pio with sweeper or flamer.

When I play 2v2 (or even bigger team games) I just use a 1v1 build order, which is: Gren Gren MG Gren...then either another Mortar or an MG. Sometimes I throw in a sniper after the MG for shits and giggles, but remember it's micro intensive and 360 mp invested into one man.

I would definitely recommend going outside of the box and not playing defensively. It may be good to build a bunker and a minefield to lockdown a VP, fuel, or cutoff, but being aggressive and always engaging your enemy somewhere with something is good, to keep them busy and on their toes. I always try to be aggressive (unless I know I do no have a chance to penetrate their lines) by either capping around the edges of the map, sending out patrols of 1-2 squads, or even mortaring targets through the fog of war (and then changing positions slightly with them after; try to do the same with MGs, to prevent nasty indirect fire).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★