Login

russian armor

Using the Scavenger Doctrine 1v1

9 Aug 2014, 04:08 AM

I've been playing with the scavenger doctrine as of late in 1v1.

Thorough Salvage.
This Helps out in the munitions department. I always seem to have munitions laying around when ever I need them. Beware of the time it takes to salvage. It's quite a bit longer and may leave your guys in a bad situation if some one stumbles onto them working.

Jeager Light Infantry Recon Squad
They spawn out of buildings. I use them to harass points and add long range DPS to engaugements. They come with G43s and don't need any munitions for upgrades. Their sight range is very impressive. I use them regularily to spot for my infantry guns. At Vet 2 These guys will cloak when Scavenging a Tank.

Infaltration Tactics
Awesome ability. Volks and Obers have it but the Jeagers don't. Great against garrisioned units. I used it to punish the enemy in cover. Almost never in 1v1. I engauge, then run a squad up to throw thats not being attacked(it gets risky getting close).

Flakpanzer IV Ostwind
Good to deal with crowd control. It's a bit more durable but does the same job as a Luchs, just with a bit more staying power. More effective against USF then SOV, just because SOV has better earlier AT. Combined with some Pueppchen it could deal with medium armour or at least bait them into a trap.

105MM Howitzer Barrage
Decent artilery. Takes a while to get going. I like to use it on with Jeagers spotting for areas that the Enemy has dug in or to deny an area. Late game, I send my extra truck to their base and, if it makes it or finds anything along the way, drop some arty on the swine.

I use this with T2-T4. The infantry gun is a must for draining their manpower. If there are good shot blockers, I place the medic truck forward and cover it later with the Flak Truck.

My Build Order is generally:
Volks
Volks
Volks
Jaeger
Jaeger
Medic Truck
Infantry Support Gun
Flak Truck
Racketen
Ober
Panther

Thats the basic plan. Range is Key.

Replay
9 Aug 2014, 11:04 AM

I'm new to this game and i really like OBW because they have cool and elite units :D just a question if range is the key then how do you counter soviet MG's and american bars?. do you mean JLI has longer range than soviet MG's? and american bars are VERY strong long/short range i need help. but what i really like is the 105mm howitzer barrage all i need is to save up some ammo until it reaches 500 then send a scout into the enemy base then boom gg, but still its very impossible for this to happen if you can't counter enemy bars and mg's so help please :D
9 Aug 2014, 17:33 PM

JLI have a large sight radius. If the see an mg in your building and your ISG is in range it will start hammering them. you need to find where the mgs aren't and try to cap that territory. If I suspect MG spam I go T3 sometimes to use a puma and park it right up against the building to try and push them out. The infiltration tactics are awesome against MGs. Send 2 volks up different sides which ever one makes it tosses 5 nades.

Against rifles mines are awesome. ISG is awesome. Obers are good. this is where the FlakPanzer or Luchs work really well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★