Login

russian armor

Company of Blobs 2

• This thread is locked
9 Aug 2014, 11:31 AM

Since WFA, it's just blobs everywhere.
I don't really get it cause I really don't do that.
9 Aug 2014, 11:31 AM
Donator 11

I only blob to counter the other blob Kappa
9 Aug 2014, 11:32 AM

I love it when I face blobers. Easy win for me.

Seriously though, you can blob in any strategy game and it's a newbie move. It's nothing new and the solution isn't anything new as well. Whip out your anti-blob units and make him suffer. If you don't know how to use them efficiently then the fault is in your part. Don't blame a game which has improved from release.
9 Aug 2014, 11:39 AM
Patrion 14

Last game I built 2 penals 1 con 2 snipers (note: no maxims!) and was accused of both spamming and blobbing. It looks like any form of playing that someone loses to is quickly branded blobbing and spamming these days, whether or not it really is.

Hands up, do you know of anyone that actually has attack-moved his entire force and won consistently that way? I've personally never seen an obvious and successful mindless mass attack-move. For all I know, the opponent could be maneuvering like crazy within that huge "blob" of his, I really wouldn't be able to tell. I do know that with the USF I do need to micromanage the units at all times, or else risk a lot of squad wipes.
9 Aug 2014, 11:59 AM

Lets be real here.

First of all, what is a blob?
I think we can agree it means a large amount of units in one concentrated place.

Second, why is that a bad thing?
Well, it isnt.

A blob becomes a problem if one or both of the following is true:
-Your build cannot handle blobs
-You havent pulled your units together to counter their blob.

In both cases, its a matter of player error in judgement.
Blobbing should not be part of this game. If it is, why introduce the cover system? The TrueSight system is just a waste of time if everybody's gonna blob through MG and kill everything in it's path. I find that this ruins the feeling of playing COH. In COH1 ( Goodness, I hate saying COH1 is better in these aspects ) The MG can really stop blobs and really required you to flank the MG while in COH2, you can have like 5 squads of infantry load them up with some sort of LMG (preferably M1918/MG34) and watch as everything just disappears. In fact, shooting on the move with LMG is unrealistic. You can shoot them on the move IRL but while causing so much damage? Come on, we know that is extremely unlikely.
9 Aug 2014, 12:05 PM

@Steel: It seems you don't understand me, and I dont understand you.

We've both had our say, but we seem to be unable to communicate.
Lets just leave it at that.
9 Aug 2014, 12:20 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The poll is not constructive and the OP then follows up with an ad hominem, as if to prove the point.

As we currently appear to be at a polite impasse,it is the chance to move on........
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★