Login

russian armor

Scavenger? How good it is and what do you do with it?

23 Jul 2014, 22:19 PM

Now that the store is open, any views about Scavenger?

I had heard of this artillery bug. Has it been fixed?
23 Jul 2014, 22:47 PM

scavenger is awesome. in 4v4 3v3 anyway. the arty is does decent damage against all units. ost is nice to have around compared to flak truck. g43 troops are really good against shocks at a distants and leading them into mg traps.
23 Jul 2014, 23:06 PM

is it a bug? its supposed to drop more shells the higher youre stored munitions are. i noticed that no matter how much i float the barrage actually looks the same, but it seems to occur a couple of times with a high stock of ammo. this might only be my imagination though.

when i actually use it im too busy keeping track of it while trying not to lose the game :D
24 Jul 2014, 00:44 AM

Infiltration nades and scavenging are both pretty strong abilities. Jäger are rather weak at first, but once they hit vet 2, they gain cloak and coupled with their good long range dps can become a right pain in the ass. However, they are much too fragile and expensive to be used as mainline infantry, much like Fallis. The Ostwind at 8 cps can be useful against heavy infantry play, but overall comes too late to be an impact unit, and unless you absolutely have armor dominance already, I would not advise sinking that much fuel into a unit that has zilch At capabilities. The arty is the strong suit of this commander, if you manage to accumulate 300 plus munis, which as of this patch is actually a possibility, it can seriously decimate infantry and support weapons in a pretty large area. Overall a solid commander, not particularly strong though.
As for shocks though, believe me, Ive tried, Shocks take Jäger apart, reliably so. You might kill a model or two on the charge but then its time to abscond right quick or you will lose and lose hard, and Jäger are expensive indeed.
24 Jul 2014, 08:50 AM

As for shocks though, believe me, Ive tried, Shocks take Jäger apart, reliably so. You might kill a model or two on the charge but then its time to abscond right quick or you will lose and lose hard, and Jäger are expensive indeed.

hmmm. actually jägers can kite shocks pretty well and chip away at them at medium range. if the shocks ever get to close, use sprint to relocate
24 Jul 2014, 18:08 PM

hmmm. actually jägers can kite shocks pretty well and chip away at them at medium range. if the shocks ever get to close, use sprint to relocate

exactly. the jagers are THE kiting infantry of coh2. sprint is so nice. they would be useful even if they had k98 just because of sprint and how fast they move. two vet 2 jagers are killing machines.
24 Jul 2014, 18:15 PM

Jägers are extremely good skirmishing infantry, and a pair will shred any other squad. I bought the commander, and i dont regret it one bit. The Ostwind comes around when there is armor, but its been made cheaper now, and you should be able to have your own AT units and tanks to deal with them. Arty demolishes everything. And, of course, amazing grenades. Scavenge buff is also really neat. The deletion of the muni penalty made this commander much more powerful (technically, practically every OKW commander better). I highly recommend having this commander.
24 Jul 2014, 18:24 PM

As for the barrage, I was under the impression that the amount of muni stockpiled affects the duration, ie. more muni, longer bombardment.
And sure you can kite with Jäger against Shocks, but you can only kite so long - if your models run straight away from his they wont shoot - and he has smoke if he has to cross roads or other stretches of red cover. 1 on 1 ill take Shocks over Jäger any day of the week - which is only ok, given that they cost more.
24 Jul 2014, 22:33 PM

At 300+ munitions, the barrage can wipe an entire USF base. As for Russian player bases, you'll tend to only destroy two buildings and highly damage the rest, since they tend to be more spread out than the preplaced USF base. All you need is line of sight, so doing a quick drive-by with a puma or tank to line up a shot for the OKW Death Star is always an option. The passive scavenging ability is especially good for stockpiling munitions for the barrage, and/or making up for the munitions deficit if you choose to convert munitions to gas. Jägers are great for harassment. The ostwind is too much a gas sink that could be better spent elsewhere and comes in a bit late for dominance over enemy infantry, as they'll most likely have armor on the field. All in all, it's a great doctrine.
24 Jul 2014, 22:46 PM

So disable usage on base? (:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 60
United States 14
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L