Login

russian armor

[2v2 vs Sov] When to get a Püppchen?

21 Jul 2014, 00:20 AM

Permanently Banned
Hi,
my teammate and I are in some kind of dilemma at the moment and strategy-wise dont know what the right answer is:

I always thought that when playing double OKW against double soviets the chance of a m3 hitting the field is quite high and in the hands of a good player is also really punishing because of the lack of panzerfausts . Which is why I always build a Raketenwerfer 43 in anticipation very early (2nd or 3rd unit), to deny my opponent the chance to roll over us. The downside is obvious: If the enemy team does not field any m3, then my püppchen is quite useless that early and while I will build one eventually anyway I simply have one less unit dealing with their infantry based weapons in the beginning of the game giving the advantage to my enemy without him actually having to do anything.

Is it better to build the püppchen as a reaction to his m3? My fear is that this will result in the m3 being the early shock and reason why we get pushed off.
21 Jul 2014, 01:41 AM

I think puppchen is better as reaction unit.

here is my reasoning and strategy:
By building M3 Soviet is giving up precious capping power early game ( he build T1 building and then he will build M3) So you should be very agressive right from the start... use your truck to find his engineers and run your storms into them to prevent them from capping etc. Punish him allot before the M3 comes out because he will punish you when it does... this way when you don't have AT ready for M3 right away it is not so damaging for you as Soviet will be recuperating himself; this way you can take time to build puppchen as a reactionary unit.

Same thing (to a lesser degree) applies vs weapon team spamming Soviet.
21 Jul 2014, 01:53 AM

You could try to scout the enemy base with the sWS and see if they got T1 up. Otherwise i would wait with the Püppchen until you hear or see the M3.
21 Jul 2014, 07:29 AM

U do know, that u can see what buildings soviets get through fog of war? Watch Ciez's guide OKW vs soviet.
21 Jul 2014, 11:50 AM

Permanently Banned
Hey everyone,

great tips, especially pointing out the fact that you can see the soviet buildings in the fog of war.

In 2v2s seeing one player go for t2 and one for t1 is quite common, but they not always get a m3. What do you think, should i get a püppchen as a reaction once i see t1 or once i know that there is a m3 on the field??

Apart from that, I really dislike using the sWS as anything besides a building. I feel that it is more of an exploit to use it for scouting and especially for pushing, even though the functionality clearly exists and probably wont be removed. It still feels cheesy and i dont want to resort to these kind of tactics just to have a higher chance of winning. Not that I dont appreciate the hint, I just wanted to point that out :)
21 Jul 2014, 22:06 PM

I usually dont get it 1v1 even it they go m3 scout cars. They sacrifice capping power, and I can just play around them untill i get early puma to clear the map of these pesky trucks. Also combined firepower of 2-3 volk squand and\or sturmpio squad can scare them away until puma arrives.
1 Aug 2014, 07:14 AM

I use double "Grim Reaper Tool" bullitens to bring the cost of my schrecks down to 81 muni and usually buy a pueppchen when I get my second truck set-up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★