Login

russian armor

Jaeger Light Infantry vs. Pathfinders

21 Jul 2014, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 04:09 AMRollo
jaegers are crap for the price, who in their right mind would use these guys over panzer fusiliers? 55mp to reinforce a single guy, lower squad size and even worse DPS than falls or obers despite being more expensive to maintain (Oh and no AT grenade/faust).

For me pathfinders are not really comparable, you build one squad to set your beacons up and they sit back as a sniper lite support unit for the rest of the game. Maybe if you are feeling particularly jammy you might recrew an AT gun with them to make use of their superior LoS.

They do more dps at close range than fallshrm and panzerfussilars.

Just also cost 55mp reinforce, and low armor
21 Jul 2014, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 14:49 PMiDolize

They do more dps at close range than fallshrm and panzerfussilars.

They still get melted by bar rifleman or shocks up close and even 30.cal rifles at range, then you are forced to shell out another 165mp to reinforce a single squad.

Also to the guy that said they "only" cost 290mp so you can spam them and just suicide them, you are still throwing away 290mp. You will lose by attrition even faster than reinforcing by doing that.
21 Jul 2014, 18:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 17:10 PMRollo

They still get melted by bar rifleman or shocks up close and even 30.cal rifles at range, then you are forced to shell out another 165mp to reinforce a single squad.

Also to the guy that said they "only" cost 290mp so you can spam them and just suicide them, you are still throwing away 290mp. You will lose by attrition even faster than reinforcing by doing that.

Yes its only 290mp, let us compare them to 270mp penals shall we?
21 Jul 2014, 18:37 PM
Patrion 14

But see, the problem is that they are a dedicated AI squad that can spawn in any neutral building that only cost 290 mp. They are cheap enough that you can deploy them from any neutral building in the middle of a fight to flank the enemies for only 290mp. Units that spawn from buildings usually have an oppurtunity cost, this is why fallshimjaeger and Paras cost so much. At the very least Jaegers need a price nerf (increase). You cannot clais that they are bad because they have an exorbitant reinforce cost (same as fallshimjaeger) if they are able to turn the tide of any engagement you drop them in.
21 Jul 2014, 18:42 PM

JLI needs a price increase
21 Jul 2014, 18:48 PM

im okay with a higher price if they change the reinforce accordingly (1/2*price/squadsize) theyre the only unit atm that doesnt follow that formula which is utter bullshit
21 Jul 2014, 18:54 PM

They have a low initial call in cost, but a stupidly high reinforce cost. Either way, one has to go up, and the other has to go down. Otherwise, the unit is strong, but its only real combat utility is small arms and sprint, it has no offensive/defensive abilities such as grenades. Its a nice utility unit that doesn't really need much tinkering apart from cost.
21 Jul 2014, 21:11 PM

im okay with a higher price if they change the reinforce accordingly (1/2*price/squadsize) theyre the only unit atm that doesnt follow that formula which is utter bullshit

They are valued at 110 MP per entity. Obers are 100 MP.
Their reinforce is set correctly to .5

Not sure if their value is too high or their call-in is too cheap, yet I dislike "underpriced" Call-Ins. There definitely are some Call-Ins that are either too cheap or expensive. Paras, Fallschirmjäger are too expensive, for example. T34/85 Dual Call-In and PIV Battlegroup as well, but that's the normal discount factor. 45mm ATG for Soviets is also fairly underpriced. It's valued at 260 or 280, but it's Call-In cost is just 200.
21 Jul 2014, 21:31 PM

Well, the Jaegers are armed with G43s, something that no other squad in the game so far gets. And G43s are downright deadly up close.

Besides, the extra abilities the Jaegers get in addition to their armament makes them a lot more combat-worthy than the Pathfinders. Although the 55 MP per unit might be a bit overkill.
21 Jul 2014, 22:30 PM

They are valued at 110 MP per entity. Obers are 100 MP.
Their reinforce is set correctly to .5

Not sure if their value is too high or their call-in is too cheap, yet I dislike "underpriced" Call-Ins. There definitely are some Call-Ins that are either too cheap or expensive. Paras, Fallschirmjäger are too expensive, for example. T34/85 Dual Call-In and PIV Battlegroup as well, but that's the normal discount factor. 45mm ATG for Soviets is also fairly underpriced. It's valued at 260 or 280, but it's Call-In cost is just 200.

so a units value might actually differ from its cost. you learn something new each day, i guess. but tbh i think 440mp would be total overkill. falls cost that much, got better weapons and AT + nades. i think they should cost(reinforce for) as much as pgrens probably.
21 Jul 2014, 22:45 PM

JLI are 290 to deploy, partisans are 210. This makes me sad.
21 Jul 2014, 22:58 PM

Call-In costs can differ from their actual cost, spam.r33k.

Falls for example are 440MP to call in, but only have 380MP value on the squad.
Paras are 380 (I think) to call in, but are only 336MP value.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★