Login

russian armor

Maxim spam still unbeatable.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
14 Jul 2014, 05:37 AM

Knowing op, probably waste of symbols, but skill hard counters maxim spam. You never believe me, but, hell, it hard countered even dshk spam back in days of pre-nerfed defense doc.
14 Jul 2014, 06:05 AM

Mortar halftracks with incendiary rounds usually do the job against those...well or regular mortars but it is more satisfying to see the bastard burn.
14 Jul 2014, 06:32 AM

Permanently Banned
Mortar halftracks with incendiary rounds usually do the job against those...well or regular mortars but it is more satisfying to see the bastard burn.

If only OKW had incendiary options, snipers or Mortoars.... Zis supporting Maxims is unbeatable early game.

for OH If i notice maxim spam I straight away use Elite troops and vet my mortar. Unfortunately you can pump out maxims faster/merge ALOT faster than you can kill them.

For OKW i cant do anything since once you get flak halftrack out good soviet player will time a to support his spam. The LeI gun is far too expensive to counter maxims since its 420 Mpa they can have two maxim squads for the price of one of these things. and by the time it gets out already 6-7 maxims on the field. with some cons for merging, or mixing with guards

Its then a matter of transitioning to Medium armor and T-34 call in for the end game.

Rinse and Repeat.

14 Jul 2014, 06:43 AM

Lol, OKW kicks maxim ass. Maxims will shred kubels in a straight fight, but driving one around the maxim will force it to turn and then you eat it alive with a sturmpioneer. Or you can use the 20 mm flak halftrack, because it simply wipes squads and suppresses them in one burst. You DO NOT have the right to say OKW cant counter maxim spam.
14 Jul 2014, 06:48 AM

LeI gun may be expensive, but it counters maxims very well. Worth the investment. Just gotta defend it well and you'll be home free. You can also block maxims from entering certain pathways to your fwd truck. Going dbl sturmpios and spamming their uncuttable wire usually helps.
Lol, OKW kicks maxim ass. Maxims will shred kubels in a straight fight, but driving one around the maxim will force it to turn and then you eat it alive with a sturmpioneer. Or you can use the 20 mm flak halftrack, because it simply wipes squads and suppresses them in one burst. You DO NOT have the right to say OKW cant counter maxim spam.

They can easily get an AT gun and upgrade at nades to counter dat hf. And same goes with the kubel bait, one flanking con upgraded with at nades and you're toast.
14 Jul 2014, 06:57 AM

Then i just beat maxim spam by forcing Soviets to counter me with something other than maxims? Maxim spam isnt maxim spam if the Soviets open up with anything more than one conscripts and the maxims. 20 mm will eat the conscripts and then the maxims. Maxim spam will get broken if Soviets anticipate with an AT gun, but chances for the average maxim spammer to do that are rather low - building one after i kicked his maxim front line to bits mean i won the maxim spam.

The kubel flank also involves an infantry unit. If i flank with the kubel, it means its not in the maxim arc. I dont think im that stupid, so if i see the conscripts first alongside the maxim, ill deal with them before the maxim. If the maxim turns to fire on the kubel at any point, it means i won as i flank with my squad and destroy it, even if i lose a kubel.
14 Jul 2014, 07:19 AM

Go VetLolcakes. They all laughed at Edison too! Equal rights for Ostheer!
14 Jul 2014, 07:30 AM

Then i just beat maxim spam by forcing Soviets to counter me with something other than maxims? Maxim spam isnt maxim spam if the Soviets open up with anything more than one conscripts and the maxims. 20 mm will eat the conscripts and then the maxims. Maxim spam will get broken if Soviets anticipate with an AT gun, but chances for the average maxim spammer to do that are rather low - building one after i kicked his maxim front line to bits mean i won the maxim spam.

The kubel flank also involves an infantry unit. If i flank with the kubel, it means its not in the maxim arc. I dont think im that stupid, so if i see the conscripts first alongside the maxim, ill deal with them before the maxim. If the maxim turns to fire on the kubel at any point, it means i won as i flank with my squad and destroy it, even if i lose a kubel.

Yes, but if you get flanked by an around the corner conscript that you did not anticipate while engaging that maxim or maxim/con you're still gonna be boned. Also you can easily achieve maxim spam while getting a single at-gun or con out to accompany those maxims, because obviously one needs at as well at some point. So even if you're 20mm will eat cons it wont be eating dat at-gun facing itself straight in front of you.
14 Jul 2014, 07:34 AM

A 320 mp extra kind of eats into the budget of spamming maxims, meaning you cant spam maxims. Same for making cons. Its not maxim spam otherwise. Maxim spam is a maxim placed at every chokepoint making enemy advancements impossible. Its 3 maxim straight build order or bust.
14 Jul 2014, 08:02 AM

A 320 mp extra kind of eats into the budget of spamming maxims, meaning you cant spam maxims. Same for making cons. Its not maxim spam otherwise. Maxim spam is a maxim placed at every chokepoint making enemy advancements impossible. Its 3 maxim straight build order or bust.

By the time you've made 3 maxims you should have enough mp to get an at-gun out before or right as the enemy is getting their flak ht out. Then after you have done this you can simply proceed to spamming moar maxims. 320 mp to take out the one thing countering you isn't that bigga deal on the whole mp spectrum, especially after you've got you're initial 3 out.
14 Jul 2014, 08:06 AM

Whatever... it hasnt failed me yet. Cant say the same for my Ostheer anti-maxim tactics.

Thats saying if you build an AT gun after 3 maxims without knowing whether or not the enemy does produce a vehicle. It hasnt failed me yet because the enemy is too busy spamming maxims and by the time the flak halftrack bites away his maxim lines, the damage is done and he is forced to counter with real balls. Also, one AT gun cant protect 3 different maxims so its only a 1/3rd chance of blocking successfully - thats saying if i dont somehow magically flank the halftrack and surprise the AT gun and the crew is forced in a recrewing cycle until its dead.
14 Jul 2014, 08:13 AM

Whatever... it hasnt failed me yet. Cant say the same for my Ostheer anti-maxim tactics.

if will fail you against a decent player however and the packup time of the flaktrack means it is screwed if it encounters an at gun and doesnt have vet 1 yet.

best bet is support gun and tech straight to obersoldaten.
14 Jul 2014, 08:19 AM

"A decent player" cannot be used to describe a maxim spammer, imo. Hardcountering with units many allied-favoring players complain about apparently is an answer to a very cheesy and skill-lacking tactic.
14 Jul 2014, 08:22 AM

Thats saying if you build an AT gun after 3 maxims without knowing whether or not the enemy does produce a vehicle. It hasnt failed me yet because the enemy is too busy spamming maxims and by the time the flak halftrack bites away his maxim lines, the damage is done and he is forced to counter with real balls. Also, one AT gun cant protect 3 different maxims so its only a 1/3rd chance of blocking successfully - thats saying if i dont somehow magically flank the halftrack and surprise the AT gun and the crew is forced in a recrewing cycle until its dead.

Most good players I know will get AT on time because they know that at some point if the opponent is as smart as them they'll get armor to counter like the flak ht. If they're also smart they'll prob lay mines and try to lure that flak ht into the mines near his at-gun position so that if the opponent gets too ballsy and tries to flank the at-gun or chase the maxim he'll hit a mine and inevitably get destroyed by the incoming at-gun. I'm guessing you play maxim spamming noobs most of the time if they're unable to sense this. And yes I know some good players that maxim spam unfortunately.
14 Jul 2014, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 08:22 AMVonIvan

Most good players I know will get at on time because they know that at some point if the opponent is as smart as them they'll get armor to counter like the flak ht. If they're also smart they'll prob lay mines and try to lure that flak ht into the mines near his at-gun position so that if the opponent gets too ballsy and tries to flank the at-gun or chase the maxim he'll hit a mine and inevitably get destroyed by the incoming at-gun. I'm guessing you play maxim spamming noobs most of the time if they're unable to sense this. And yes I know some good players that maxim spam unfortunately.

I normally do not associate good players with maxim spam, so unfortunately, there is 0 chance against beating these people who tie off all loose ends and counter everything. I was just responding to situations the OP would probably rage in, because i was under the vast assumption that the OP would rage at the simplest things like nooby maxim spam.
14 Jul 2014, 08:31 AM

I normally do not associate good players with maxim spam, so unfortunately, there is 0 chance against beating these people who tie off all loose ends and counter everything. I was just responding to situations the OP would probably rage in, because i was under the vast assumption that the OP would rage at the simplest things like nooby maxim spam.

Ah, very well then.
14 Jul 2014, 08:42 AM

Any player can maxim spam, since it takes very little micro-managing skills because of the ease it takes for maxims to re-place as well as their 6 man team (and the fact it can be your first unit made). Ive seen several streams - played against very annoying tactics that included penals and FHQ's built on neutral decapped territories to see that soviets can be a pain in the butt without needing to camp out and send home every enemy unit that meets the maxim line. I usually lose to those than maxims which is why i answered. But a good player + maxim spam is a sad sight to see. I, fortunately havent met the likes to give me a fast defeat.
14 Jul 2014, 09:02 AM

Permanently Banned
Any player can maxim spam, since it takes very little micro-managing skills because of the ease it takes for maxims to re-place as well as their 6 man team (and the fact it can be your first unit made). Ive seen several streams - played against very annoying tactics that included penals and FHQ's built on neutral decapped territories to see that soviets can be a pain in the butt without needing to camp out and send home every enemy unit that meets the maxim line. I usually lose to those than maxims which is why i answered. But a good player + maxim spam is a sad sight to see. I, fortunately havent met the likes to give me a fast defeat.

Sanatorium rofl stomped NWF and he said any reasonable player that does it reasonably well can overwhelm top players.

It really needs to be looked at. Balance is good atm.

But there are a few game breaking devices that are ruining it

I.e. Maxim, T-34 85 call in, Panther being too expensive or severly UP, ISU152 and IS2 + US Bar blob and USA AA truck. and OH grens needing a slight buff

Once these are fixed we can have good balance
14 Jul 2014, 09:50 AM

With OKW this is what i usually try to do vs maximspam in a team game.Co-ordinate with ur heer teammate who needs to get mortars .Get the doctrines that let u deploy infantry from buildings like fallschirms.But most of all just survive till u can rush a stuka...once stuka arrives..i can bet he will not have enough time for 10 CPs and 2 t-85s because maxims don't get enough kills and u can pulverize his turtle.

With this strategy ur ostheer teammate needs to go p4.U should get raketenwerfers-minimum 2 .Ur doctrine should be pak 43 one since ur armor will come a little late if u want added AT protection ..or fallschirms if u want early game ambushes on maxims and zis.

The other method is infantry support gun.but it will never kill maximspam fast enough and if u need to build 2 or more of those ur main frontline units are usually below strength due to MP crunch.
14 Jul 2014, 10:04 AM

As OKW all you need to do is to use Infantry support gun.
Clear the maxim, salvage it, move to the next one. Get another ISG if needed.
These little guns are amazing against any kind of heavy support weapon play.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS