Login

russian armor

OKW base AA v.s. Lend-Lease commander's supply drop

11 Jul 2014, 21:48 PM

So I've been using this commander again for the first time since WFA was released

One of its abilities is a supply drop that always comes in from the enemy's side of the map, flies over their home bases, and drops fuel in your home base territory

To be fair the description says it is weak against AA fire, but it gets destroyed every time you call it in if your enemy has an OKW player (and they always do)

I would be ok with flak trucks or pioneer-built AA guns taking it out, but the free base AA making this ability completely useless seems to be an oversight ;(

It's not a huge deal, but I figured some of you german players would approve buffing a commander that doesn't have an ISU or IS2 :)
11 Jul 2014, 22:02 PM

The base AA should have a zero chance of bringing down aircraft. OKW has no lack of aa in other places, it's not fair that a faction automatically gets something that counters a pretty large machanic of the game. Even having one OKW player on the team means that a team gets free access to these AA units.

11 Jul 2014, 22:03 PM

Some planes the OKW base structures just dont shoot at. It could be simple coding just to have them ignore fuel planes. However, flak halftracks and the schwerer panzer HQ would still own it nevertheless.
11 Jul 2014, 22:12 PM

Some planes the OKW base structures just dont shoot at. It could be simple coding just to have them ignore fuel planes. However, flak halftracks and the schwerer panzer HQ would still own it nevertheless.
That's perfectly fine though. The payer pays for those. This is like if a they made an entire faction who took less damage from artillery from the start. It makes certain strategies less viable under all circumstances which is bad for the game.
nee
12 Jul 2014, 09:25 AM

I actually thought of that when I first noticed the OKW factions' base emplacements were 2cm flaks, although I think I recall the enemy still getting supply drops even though we had the emplacements.

I can't think of any good solutions though, besides changing the base emplacements from flak to something else like a slit trench with an MG34. IMO, the 2cm can turn 360 degrees AND post a threat to armour, so that's a huge advantage for a faction that doesn't even have to rely on HQ territory for its trucks to set up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★