Login

russian armor

(6) Blazing Lowland

10 Jul 2014, 20:58 PM

Hello all,

I've got an old one to share with you today. The map comes all the way from Company of Heroes 1 Opposing Fronts times, converted and highly updated for Company of Heroes 2.

The map has been featured in mods, had an average 9/10 rating on the websites it has been posted to.

Countless hours have been poured into this one, it's my first and pretty much the only loved map of my making that I've continued polishing for years after its initial release. In the past few weeks I've spent 40+ hours just to polish it up after the original release of its conversion from the CoH1 version by xxCOMPANY OF COWARDSxx.

The map features good visuals and focused, highly asymmetrical but balanced map layout. Allied side is behind a water crossing which can slow down armor and expose the troops while the Axis has a somewhat more complicated and distant access to the middle of the map to compensate. Territory layout, cover layout and the access points to different areas allow for dynamic gameplay with many play styles and tactics being viable. The frontline is streamlined but flanking is still very rewarding.

Video preview:

Screenshots:

Get it at the steam workshop here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=284055558

A modded version of the map with increased popcap and income is available here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=285534374

Thanks to anybody played this in CoH1 and considers giving the new version a go. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Cheers!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 101
unknown 19
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak