Login

russian armor

Overloon Museum Photodump

10 Jul 2014, 20:34 PM

I took these photo's a while ago but only shared them with some friends. Only just now thought of posting them here. Took photo's of pretty much everything.

So, some background: From 30 September-18 Oktober 1944 the only major tank battle in the Netherlands took place near and in the town of Overloon in the south east of the Netherlands. The Germans attacked the salient between Eindhoven and Nijmegen established by the Allies during Market Garden from a bridgehead near the city of Venlo. Operation Aintree was launched to secure this salient and in preperation for the Allied advance into the Rhineland. The 107th Panzer Brigade defended Overloon. The US 7th Armored Division attacked, but took a lot of casualties and retreated. Little ground was gained. Until the 8th of Oktober the Americans and Germans fought a fierce battle with many casualties for the Americans. The Americans were then replaced by the British 3rd Infantry Division and 11th Armoured Division. They were eventually able to take the town after having taken many casualties and shelling the town to tiny bits. They then advanced towards Venray, where they also sustained a lot of casualties. All in all around 2500 British and American troops died. The Germans lost 600 men.

Could be an excellent CoH2 map if the British are added.

Most of the stuff is from the actual battlefield near Overloon, but it also has a ton of other vehicles.

Here's the folder with all the pictures, because there are a lot of photo's so it's probably not a good idea to put them in the thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f3jpgxh9amgxx0f/AAAxYHN03FbJDgEuHHz3yuhIa#/

10 Jul 2014, 20:58 PM
Patrion 14

10 Jul 2014, 21:09 PM

I also have a folder with photos of pretty much 80% or 90% of all the vehicles/tanks in the Bovington Tank Museum from when I visited it, if anyone wants to see that.
10 Jul 2014, 21:15 PM
Patrion 14

Nice! Sparked my interest, I think I'm gonna visit that museum sometime this summer :)
10 Jul 2014, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2014, 21:15 PMCptEend
Nice! Sparked my interest, I think I'm gonna visit that museum sometime this summer :)

Very good idea. I've been there like 4-5 times now and it still is nice to go there. Lotsa fun stuff.
10 Jul 2014, 23:30 PM

I've been there! Ages ago though, I should visit it again :P
11 Jul 2014, 19:03 PM

I also have a folder with photos of pretty much 80% or 90% of all the vehicles/tanks in the Bovington Tank Museum from when I visited it, if anyone wants to see that.

Great photos from Overloon.

What was your favourite Bovington, vehicle?
11 Jul 2014, 21:55 PM

Great photos from Overloon.

What was your favourite Bovington, vehicle?

The Tiger I of course :D
12 Jul 2014, 00:13 AM

Heh, my heart still lies with the M10
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 476
Netherlands 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L