Login

russian armor

Infantry-Only Map Entry Points

rix
7 Jul 2014, 14:09 PM

For my map I would like to add map entry points that are infantry-only.

A part of my map should be fought over as a minor engagement, without armor taking into play.

Is there a way to allow the owner of the sector to spawn units there, but ONLY infantry?
Having armor on that part of the map would make little sense, since it will not be able to leave the sector anyway.

Thanks in advance!
7 Jul 2014, 19:40 PM

I've never seen it done. But in the case where you can't do it through scar scripting then I suppose you could always block off that side of the map with infantry-only bridges or multiple indestructable chokepoints (nothing that can be crushed by vehicles) that are only 1 or 2 tiles wide. Then you could place the entry points just outside of that infantry only territory. So only infantry can enter/exit the territory. I'm not sure about the hitbox size of the new factions. 2 tiles is enough to get an AT gun and other support weapons through, but I'm not sure about the smaller vees such as the OKW wagen or any of the smaller American vees.
7 Jul 2014, 20:16 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

This is something I might create an easy-to-add SCAR script for since it's been discussed a couple of times.
rix
7 Jul 2014, 20:58 PM

This is something I might create an easy-to-add SCAR script for since it's been discussed a couple of times.

thanks. that would be awesome!

I've never seen it done. But in the case where you can't do it through scar scripting then I suppose you could always block off that side of the map with infantry-only bridges or multiple indestructable chokepoints (nothing that can be crushed by vehicles) that are only 1 or 2 tiles wide. Then you could place the entry points just outside of that infantry only territory. So only infantry can enter/exit the territory. I'm not sure about the hitbox size of the new factions. 2 tiles is enough to get an AT gun and other support weapons through, but I'm not sure about the smaller vees such as the OKW wagen or any of the smaller American vees.

i might try this out, but a script sounds more likely to be successful..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★