Login

russian armor

ISG/75MM Howie

6 Jul 2014, 01:11 AM

LONG POST MOVE THE THE RED IF YOU ARE UNINTERESTED IN BACKGROUND

This suggestion may be a bit off for some of you and shoot me down all you like it is purely a way that I feel would be much less frustrating.

Artillery will never be the hero of COH as it is an infantry and armor fanfare which GOD I do not want a WWI sim so for that I am thankful. At the release of WFA (As I did not play the beta) I was so excited to try both of these units as a former artillerymen myself all I could think is hell yea some steel rain I will actually build. (Not that I don't love my Tube slapping infantry brethren)

These light artillery pieces both are terrible at one thing, the thing they are meant to do support infantry. Its all well and good to build one plop it down and "skill" away squads and while that truly was the way of the Easter Front, it doesn't quite fit with the confrontation in the West.

Proposed Change

What I envision is that both weapons do not have an "auto-fire" function. They will still have attack ground which can be enable and will fire at the sustained fire rate (or notional one for the purposes of balance) indefinitely at a location. If the target is shifted there would be a target acquisition time.

German ISG - This units stats would remain identical to current with the loss of auto-fire being the only penalty.

US 75mm - Target Aquistion time 10s/7s/5s Fog of War/Squad Near Target/Officer Near Target
- Barrage Accuracy (using current values) 75%/125%/150% Fog/Squad/Officer

This would facilitate the more proper and deadly use of these weapons and would give the true feel of American Support fire while using the 75mm I know its a shot in the dark really but you could use the barrage function with some success to mount an assault. I think that feel would be amazing and would make these something other than worthwhile/worthless auto killing machines.
6 Jul 2014, 01:17 AM

Are.. are you asking for them to autofire like mortars? Because they already do that.
6 Jul 2014, 12:34 PM

No, he's saying an attack ground function. So I can keep a Howwie back somewhere and indefinitely shell a point, say, a Victory Point. And just forget about using it.
7 Jul 2014, 11:14 AM

Sorry for the confusion. The auto fire function is what I find to be broken about both of these weapons.

I merely would like to see more consistent and impacting performance when using the barrage or attack ground.

@Cyridius just like the mortars current attack ground.

I just feel both these weapons have kind of gone the way of the 120 in use now I am no pro or expert but often my the most damage my opponent will deal will be from arbitrary one shots through auto fire which just doesn't seem to highlight tactical superiority.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★