Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
17 Jul 2014, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2014, 11:50 AMwongtp

blob blob blob, i hear this word a few times, what actually constitutes to a blob, 4 squads moving together? or is it a single 6 man squad moving on its own?

look, im sick and tired of people saying not to blob. arty punishes blobbing, that is a good mechanic. but stuka is a arty piece that focuses all its rounds into a small area. that does not punish blobbing, that basically fucks anything off the face of the earth that is in its strike zone.

tldr, it has a good chance of 1 shotting squads and support teams, just like the isu.

the stuka, needs to be affected by scatter, it is as simple as that.

also to those saying stuka has a sound. yes they sure do, also the shells lands as fast as it is fired and here's a replay to show.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/19918/just-to-make-a-point.

you can bitch about how badly we played and stuff like that but thats not the point. they were good players and we got mashed, but stuka, god damn. almost immediate reaction, still couldn't save anything.

I asked for 30+ kills. I saw 26. But I also saw double Oshteer mortars getting about 20 in that time. I also saw 12 for a very short lived 120MM.

Both the Ostheer mortar and the 120MM cost no fuel. Do you think they are OP?

Again this replay is totally unimpressive. Light Arty Barrage as Ost can accomplish this again no fuel cost.

100 Fuel (133 adjusted for inflation) for what was just Mediocre because of good use. Not good. Not Great. Mediocre. I can do better with a Single T70 and its overall more useful imho then a walking Stuka.
17 Jul 2014, 23:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

100 fuel for okw is 150 fuel for other faction
17 Jul 2014, 23:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

In the OP's thread, he mentions that he is a 3v3 - 4v4 player. Then he says 1v1 balance is unimportant. Thats pretty arrogant as many experienced players will disagree.

Given that that is just the flip side of just about every post on balance (where we repeatedly get told only 1v1 matters despite that this is the least popular game mode) I can't really blame him
18 Jul 2014, 00:01 AM

100 fuel for okw is 150 fuel for other faction

100 fuel for OKW is 100 fuel. That's the whole fucking point of the faction getting a lower resource income. The argument that "Well it's ACTUALLY 150 fuel"(By the way it's 133, great job) is a bad argument made by bad players.
18 Jul 2014, 00:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

18 Jul 2014, 00:09 AM

Given that that is just the flip side of just about every post on balance (where we repeatedly get told only 1v1 matters despite that this is the least popular game mode) I can't really blame him

Yeah i never played agaist a stuka in 1v1 and thats pritty much all i play.
18 Jul 2014, 00:20 AM

100 fuel for OKW is 100 fuel. That's the whole fucking point of the faction getting a lower resource income. The argument that "Well it's ACTUALLY 150 fuel"(By the way it's 133, great job) is a bad argument made by bad players.

im with you there... costs are adjusted. but the math... you get 2/3s income...hence you need to add HALF (1/3) of that to get the value youre aiming for...
18 Jul 2014, 00:32 AM

I asked for 30+ kills. I saw 26. But I also saw double Oshteer mortars getting about 20 in that time. I also saw 12 for a very short lived 120MM.

Both the Ostheer mortar and the 120MM cost no fuel. Do you think they are OP?

Again this replay is totally unimpressive. Light Arty Barrage as Ost can accomplish this again no fuel cost.

100 Fuel (133 adjusted for inflation) for what was just Mediocre because of good use. Not good. Not Great. Mediocre. I can do better with a Single T70 and its overall more useful imho then a walking Stuka.

30+ kills hurts, 26 hurts too. what i wanted to point out was its effectiveness as compared to its point-click-die play style.

it was unimpressive, it doesnt matter, it doesnt have to be. if it was fun, stuka would be balanced. mortars no longer 1 shot stuff, not much at least. i can retreat to reinforce. you have to kill 12 conscripts for 240mp damage, 12mxaim crews for 240mp damage and 12 guards for 330mp damage and i still wont lose my 75munition investment. that is around 36 over kills. also, the ostmortar had a much longer time frame of usage. instead, the stuka achieve that by killing only 26guys, or 22 discounting lucky rng saving me and in a smaller time frame.

as for 120mm, he blobbed, a single shell took out 4 guys from 3 squads, no squadwipe and he retreated. that is proper anti blob tool. if the stuka did stuff like that, it would be fine. but now it blasts a tiny area with all its munitions and kills everything in it.

mortars priests and katyushas all share this firing pause characteristic, 1 by 1 the shells come and relocating of units is still possible even if you are hit because chances are the 1st shell dont really nail ur forces and its a bloody good indicator to gtfo. but staying long in the area means you are going to get hit sooner or later. stuka? lol, the moment the 1st shell lands,if you are not out of the area 2secs before then, you are going to lose something.

stuka and obers just makes games much harder than it should have been, quick squad wipe strikes that puts a gaping hole in your army, rather than slowly chipping away and bleeding you. skill involved? not much, not with units that you can A move with. or drop no-smoke-1sec-to-land arty on stuff.
18 Jul 2014, 00:32 AM

I don't care if there is more 3v3 than 1v1 players. Game is still balanced with 1v1 in mind and frankly I can't imagine being different. 2v2 is where the competitive aspect of the game ends, rest it's only for fun. Besides 80% of loses in so called team games is not due to balance issues but due to having terrible players in your team who doen't even know simple building orders as they never played anything but 3v3, 4v4.
I am not only talking about players being bad in general but also about not knowing and form of strategy and tactics as there is no room for such in large games. There is too much units wondering about to even remotely talk about ambushes and stuff so tactics comes to gathering some units and just straight forward attack on opponents positions hoping for success. When I see coordinated attack in 3v3 game I am well shocked and impressed.

You want to play 3v3? No problem at all just don't expect this mode to be balanced ever besides as I said it before 80% you're loosing due to lack of co operations or player skill differences rather than balance issue.
18 Jul 2014, 00:38 AM

Maybe come with some arguments or GTFO :)

it costs the okw 100 fuel. stop blobbing your conscripts, shocks, gaurds, rifles, whatever your cheese spam is and build a t34/sherman, at gun, and support your crappy infantry. fuck op is talking 4v4. i play allot of 4v4. it is very easy to build 3t34's and go in and kill the fucking things. very easy, i have done it myself. try using recon before you go in too.
18 Jul 2014, 00:39 AM

You want to play 3v3? No problem at all just don't expect this mode to be balanced ever besides as I said it before 80% you're loosing due to lack of co operations or player skill differences rather than balance issue.

+1
it isn't that unbalanced if the teams are even, though.
18 Jul 2014, 01:38 AM

I still think the rockets should be more spaced out. The squadwiping potential of this thing is bloody ridiculous. Lower its cost a bit to compensate.
18 Jul 2014, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 00:32 AMwongtp

30+ kills hurts, 26 hurts too. what i wanted to point out was its effectiveness as compared to its point-click-die play style.

it was unimpressive, it doesnt matter, it doesnt have to be. if it was fun, stuka would be balanced. mortars no longer 1 shot stuff, not much at least. i can retreat to reinforce. you have to kill 12 conscripts for 240mp damage, 12mxaim crews for 240mp damage and 12 guards for 330mp damage and i still wont lose my 75munition investment. that is around 36 over kills. also, the ostmortar had a much longer time frame of usage. instead, the stuka achieve that by killing only 26guys, or 22 discounting lucky rng saving me and in a smaller time frame.

as for 120mm, he blobbed, a single shell took out 4 guys from 3 squads, no squadwipe and he retreated. that is proper anti blob tool. if the stuka did stuff like that, it would be fine. but now it blasts a tiny area with all its munitions and kills everything in it.

mortars priests and katyushas all share this firing pause characteristic, 1 by 1 the shells come and relocating of units is still possible even if you are hit because chances are the 1st shell dont really nail ur forces and its a bloody good indicator to gtfo. but staying long in the area means you are going to get hit sooner or later. stuka? lol, the moment the 1st shell lands,if you are not out of the area 2secs before then, you are going to lose something.

stuka and obers just makes games much harder than it should have been, quick squad wipe strikes that puts a gaping hole in your army, rather than slowly chipping away and bleeding you. skill involved? not much, not with units that you can A move with. or drop no-smoke-1sec-to-land arty on stuff.

If I have an AI unit and it DOESNT get more than 30 kills in a match and has a price tag like that...its a waste.

If it touched you in your no no spot and it must be nerfed cool. Make it fire every 30 seconds and do less damage so I can wrack up 50 kills with it...

That 90 second cool down for 100 fuel on a fuel starved faction is punishing. This unit is only cost viable in 3v3 and 4v4 from all the replays of it doing AMAZING that I have seen. ISG can get 30 kills a match. It AGAIN costs 0 fuel.

The walking stuka is hardly some OP monster. If anything I think its UP for 1v1 and 2v2 considering the cost.

It can be useful. CAN. Sure I want to hedge my 100 fuel on a possibility. Ummm on second though...no thanks.

Edit: And for damn near the same cost i can afford TWO T70s when playing Soviets or a single T34/85 call in. And I promise you TWO T70s well microd are going to negate infantry and AT Guns way wayyyy better.
18 Jul 2014, 02:39 AM
Patrion 14

I don't care if there is more 3v3 than 1v1 players. Game is still balanced with 1v1 in mind and frankly I can't imagine being different.

true

2v2 is where the competitive aspect of the game ends, rest it's only for fun. Besides 80% of loses in so called team games is not due to balance issues but due to having terrible players in your team who doen't even know simple building orders as they never played anything but 3v3, 4v4. I am not only talking about players being bad in general but also about not knowing and form of strategy and tactics as there is no room for such in large games.

you are probably right about the 80% thingy but what about the 20%?

why should the competitiveness end there? who says it's only for fun? just because you and the minor portion of coh2 community think that way, that does not mean 3v3+ are only for fun.

I'm guessing you don't play much of 3v3+ and you certainly have not played a 3v3+ games where every one of the players knows what they are doing pretty well. you have so much fronts and flanks to worry about it's not even funny. amount of cooperation and communication required in those even matches in 3v3+ is ridiculous.

There is too much units wondering about to even remotely talk about ambushes and stuff so tactics comes to gathering some units and just straight forward attack on opponents positions hoping for success. When I see coordinated attack in 3v3 game I am well shocked and impressed.

in maps like ettelbuck station or angermuende, you might be right. they are like 1v1 stalingrad map in terms or clusterfucked-ness. in more appropriately designed map with enough open spaces, ambushes and flanking very doable.

yeah... again, not all 3v3+ players are braindead or headless chickens.
18 Jul 2014, 03:05 AM

pigsoup speaks for me. Some of the utter disrespect for players whom enjoy the competitive nature of 3v3 and 4v4's is mind blowing.
18 Jul 2014, 03:22 AM

this forum is a vocal minority of 1v1 players

most people play team games
18 Jul 2014, 03:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2014, 03:22 AMArclyte
this forum is a vocal minority of 1v1 players

most people play team games

useless statement. 80-90% of these team game players dont read patchnotes/never give feedback/arent interested in competetive play.
why shouldnt balance cater to those who show more commitment to the game even if theyre the minority? i bet the 1v1 players have more average playtime per capita than the team game crowd.
18 Jul 2014, 03:42 AM

Can we stop the game mode shit talking?

The Stukka should never be this effective. To compensate, we can make it *cheaper*. It doesn't have to be 100 fuel forever.
18 Jul 2014, 03:47 AM

Lets have all artillery be crappy and identical.

Good idea.
18 Jul 2014, 04:19 AM
Patrion 14

Can we stop the game mode shit talking?

The Stukka should never be this effective. To compensate, we can make it *cheaper*. It doesn't have to be 100 fuel forever.

sorry. i am not sure if this unit is op or otherwise but it is stupid not to get a walking stuka against decent players in 3v3+ as much as it is a big investment.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 103
unknown 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %