Login

russian armor

2v2 double ostheer vs allys

4 Jul 2014, 13:49 PM

hi!
me and my mate recently started playing coh2. ive got plenty of experience from coh1 ( around 1,2k hours, was playing from time to time vs top5 in 2v2 at back then).
but i really start to lose motivation to play the game. it just feels like your playing the whole game behind with double ostheer. ( we dont have dlc because we want to play the game first to see if it is worth 20$)
i didnt found any guides or videos etc for the macro in this matchup. i wont upload replays because right now we really suck at micro and getting alot of fuks etc, but i mean we should be playing vs players of equal skill so micro wont be the problem here ( even thought we are constantly playing vs lvl 85+ as lvl 25/20)

tl:dr BO and general strategy as double ostheer?
4 Jul 2014, 15:23 PM

Ostheer is weak currently due to several problems such as t4,mg42 etc ,in team games play with a OKW mate.
4 Jul 2014, 15:27 PM

Playing double Ostheer is fine, you have a great flexibility to adapt your strategy depending on your enemy strategy.

I recommend you to play each ostheer player: 4 T1 units (3grens + mg is fine) maybe a mortar (if the map have many houses). After that, 1 of you have to go T2 for fast Scout car and Pak, the other guy can rush T3 for ostwind if the enemy have a strong infantry presence. If your fuel is a problem you both can go for T2. Panzer4 is another good choice if you want to hold infantry and medium tanks.
I don't recommend to make more than 2 tier3 tanks, because they become weak in late game. Tiger is a must that you or your mate should make, T4 is not always needed if you both have heavy tank commanders, Panther atm is underperforming its cost.

About strategy, I find the best strategy to stay toguether with your mate and after each enemy attack that you repel successfully, you have to expand your territory with your 3 grens. It's like, waiting for the enemy and after the battle, try to recapture.

Edit: Don't forget to upgrade your grens with LMG42. IMO Ostheer grens is the best unit ingame, good AI, rifle nades with long range, and faust.
4 Jul 2014, 15:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

LMG on grens are an absolute must against US rifleman
4 Jul 2014, 15:38 PM

Both of you should: Build T1 - T2 - T3. Grenadier spam and if you need it an mg42 or a mortar. Build a Scout car and upgun it. Build a pak and a pzren squad with schrecks. If you don't have enough fuel to go to T3 and build a P4, build another pak or a pzgren squad with schrecks. Build P4 and ostwind (prefferably 2 P4 and one Ostwind).

Make war with these and wait for the late game. In late game if you see ISU one of you has to build an Elefant. If not, both of you go Tigers (if you have Elite troops doctrine, a Tiger Ace would be a great choice).

Enjoy it
4 Jul 2014, 15:45 PM

thanks for the tips so far! we will try em out.
its true that ost is way stronger late than their counterparts but our biggest problem is the early early game where we often lose major mapcontrol and only because of the strong lategame we can fight our way back (thought often only to see that in the end we were too far behind ^^)

for example riflemens garrisoned in buildings at key points, or the totally stupid frontal attack with 1-2 riflemens vs a mg42 and still win the fight..it just feels dumb since im used to coh1 mg's
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★